Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

~~ NE potential EOS BBQ meet (Labor Day wknd) ~~

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-04 | 07:42 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

doug mentioned burnouts as well, i thought it was something different.
Old 08-22-04 | 07:02 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by One HoT SC400
Bummer...3 hour drive from Brooklyn isn't all that fun....I'll be a maybe..

ohhhh pleasssseeee!!!!!

I've made the 4 and 5 hours trips to LI, NY, and NJ on three occasions, not to mention the 8 hour drive home (3 hrs to get across the GW) from the NJ meet.

Doug, I'm in if it is on Sat. gotta work Sunday afternoon.
I can bring whatever is needed.

steviej
Old 08-22-04 | 08:44 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

I also made one trip to a CL meet in Philadelphia PA sometime last year. That's about 3.5-4 hrs from CT (3 states crossing), and suffered in traffic for 6-7 hrs on the way back

If you look at every other regional forum regarding meets, there are always at least a couple or few members who are willing to drive a long ways to come to a meet, including Cali, Florida and Texas. Commitment to a meet shouldn't make the decision for you to drive there
Old 08-23-04 | 05:46 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Ya this crazy we drive down there alllll the time show the support and you guys cant come up once, come on . Steve that GW traffic was not fun and the rain didnt help matters.
Old 08-24-04 | 06:26 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

So what's going on here?

I still want to make this BBQ happen, and would definitely like at least a decent turnout for that. I'm aware that the location is not bad for those living in CT and MA, but I extend the invitation to anyone who's willing to drive from afar (NH, NY/NJ, RI, etc.) and spend a few hours with a couple cold ones and checking out some of our modded Lexi.

Remember that no permit is required for use of the picnic area in the park, so I want to make the most of it before the summer is over. If you have any friends/buddies/relatives who own a Lexus or are interested in seeing some modded rides, please tell them about this event! Thanks.
Old 08-25-04 | 06:38 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Talking hhaha

i'll be there to introduce myself, if i don't have to work. my g/f will prob help me get there so i won't get lost, sucks it sounds like not too many may make it.
Old 08-25-04 | 08:22 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

damn ............... I'd be soo down for another excuse to use my navigation, but sadly I got plans with my car that weekend for some major cleaning and also some R&R for myself

too bad tho
Old 08-25-04 | 09:05 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

lexusk8, there is no way to push the date back to mid-end of sept? I will do the 3 hour drive.
Old 08-25-04 | 10:41 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by D-MAN63
lexusk8, there is no way to push the date back to mid-end of sept? I will do the 3 hour drive.
Andy,

I'm pretty flexible with dates, and I figured that Labor Day weekend might be a good time to have a meet. However, this may not be the case due to most people here having already made other commitments for the long weekend.

If not enough here answer on coming to the BBQ by early next week, I may consider pushing the date back to at least the middle of Sept. (I may even throw out a poll for dates), but I still want to hold the location in Mass.
Old 08-27-04 | 05:35 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Its cool for the location in Mass, I guess its my turn to meet up with u guys . Don't really mind the long drive, I can test out my new intake on WOT.
Old 08-27-04 | 06:16 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by D-MAN63
Its cool for the location in Mass, I guess its my turn to meet up with u guys . Don't really mind the long drive, I can test out my new intake on WOT.
That's the spirit! Who else wants to jump on the bandwagon?
Old 08-27-04 | 06:41 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up cool

any time is cool, as long as work isn't calling!
Old 08-27-04 | 08:38 AM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

I work on the weekends so I don't think I'll be making this one. If it's on Sunday then I might be able to make it, I'm hoping for rain date.
Old 08-27-04 | 01:05 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

lexusk8, do u think its a good idea to set a date at the END of sept/beginning of oct, this way u have ample time for people to prepare? TLW and I are heading to nopi this weekend, and next weekend I believe I have to do some family get together stuff... If u set it a month ahead u give people time to join the bandwagon and this way I can get a few people to take a ride up there with me
Old 08-27-04 | 03:35 PM
ddarbs55
Lead Lap

i'm not going Labor Day weekend because i'm going to be away, but i'll sure as heck
will try to make it for another weekend. the drive doesn't bother me, i just like hanging
out with the CL folk, it's all cool. you folks have driven down here enough times, guess
it's only fitting that we return the favor every so often.
post up some dates and i'll check up when i get back.
-d.

Quick Reply: ~~ NE potential EOS BBQ meet (Labor Day wknd) ~~