Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

*** October 3rd (Sunday) EOS Meet ***

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-04, 07:00 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up *** October 3rd (Sunday) EOS Meet ***

Well I want to get one more good meet before the winter comes. Some people can't do certain days in Sept, people traveling, working, etc... So why not make it the first weekend in October. Looking forward to meeting old and new CL members. Also I want to eat some BBQ.

I only suggest the date, YOU guys vote on the spot!

Roll Call

1) D-man63
2) Lexusk8
3) T.L.W.
4) ddarbs55
5) Djdelite
6) Cadd
7) Badboybeul
8) JohnGS4?

Last edited by D-MAN63; 09-15-04 at 05:45 AM.
Old 09-12-04, 06:52 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Good job guys ! Great responses ! Thats the spirit !
Old 09-12-04, 06:55 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey Andy, good to see you getting the ball rollin'

As far as weekends go for September alone, they're filled with car-related events. I'm guessing the Mercer County NJ meet (talked about in this thread) for the 9/18-19 weekend is not going to be planned after all, no? There's a good chance I'll participate in the Westchester car rally event on that Sunday (9/19, click here if anyone's interested). And for the 9/26 Sunday date, it looks like that's booked for the Battle of the Imports show in Atco, NJ (good luck to those of you entering!).

So like Andy said, that leaves the Oct. 2-3 weekend date for our version of a EOS meet. I do have a couple locations in mind to have the meet take place. One of them is at Robinson State Park, in Agawam, MA ($5 per car). I went out there yesterday and took some pics of the parking and picnicking areas. The park looks like a regular state park, nice and quiet with a lot of trees, beautiful scenery and hiking trails. There's one parking lot that can accommodate 17 spaces and 4-5 grilles and picnic tables, but it's under some pine trees, which is a death trap for pine needles and tree sappings on our cars Another parking lot also contains 17 spaces and 2 grilles and picnic tables, and there are no trees over the parking areas, so that may be the better option.

The other location I'm thinking of is Englewood Picnic Area, in Englewood Cliffs, NJ ($5 per car, overlooking the GW Bridge). I have not taken a trip out there to see for myself, but if any of you live not far from there and don't mind driving out there to scope out, that'd be great.

Also, if any of you are in favor of the Oct. 3rd date for the EOS meet, please post up!

Last edited by lexusk8; 09-12-04 at 08:13 AM.
Old 09-12-04, 06:58 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Hey Doug, glad u responded, after 28 views with no replies it seemed like a ghosttown. I am all for any location that can accomodate I would say 20-25 cars, I am going to assume we are going to have AT LEAST that many cars if not more. I got a new digi-cam and I want to test it out at the meet.
Old 09-12-04, 07:29 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

doug

thats right near me so i will scope and shoot

post up pics today or soon

im in andy for oct

We need members for HIN and Battle of the imports
Old 09-12-04, 10:28 AM
ddarbs55
Lead Lap

10/3 is okay for me - for now. i "could" do MA if the weather looks good. i always enjoy a
nice ride in the Lex. obvously, NY would be good too. like the idea of the GW as a backdrop.
looking forward to the scout info.
-d.
Old 09-12-04, 03:49 PM
Djdelite
Pole Position

Thumbs up

sounds good 4 me.... Im down......
Old 09-13-04, 06:38 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

So far we have 5 who are going(see first post), anyone else? I want to eat more of Stella's cooking.
Old 09-13-04, 09:21 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

I know it's only been 2 days and we got 5 people signed up, but just like in all other past meets, most people don't sign up until within 1-2 weeks before the meet date. That's just how it is around here
Old 09-13-04, 11:24 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Okay Doug, I hope ur right . I wonder how clean ur car is going to be this time, can't be anymore cleaner than at Johnny's house..... or could it..

Johnny, any info on that place near ur house for the meet?
Old 09-13-04, 08:25 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by D-MAN63
Okay Doug, I hope ur right . I wonder how clean ur car is going to be this time, can't be anymore cleaner than at Johnny's house..... or could it..
Well let's put it this way... I just bought a couple Mother's products (California Gold Sealer & Glaze, and Showtime Instant Detailer) from the other day. And let me tell you that these products make a HUGE difference in how my black ES looks. The Sealer & Glaze product really brings back and restores the original, showroom-quality color of my car, which is something that I literally haven't seen since I purchased the car! It also protects my old wax, yet revives the appearance of the paint and removes swirl marks and fine scratches. Now my black really stands out like no other, and I think you'll enjoy the fruits of my labor come the day of the meet
Old 09-14-04, 04:03 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

10/3 sounds good to me. I would prefer somewhere close by (over looking the GWB sounds good). However if you guys want to do this in MA, how about a fall foliage type of trip? When are the colors going to peak? Just cruising along a nice 2 lane black top road with yellow & orange leaves sounds like fun. Great chance for photo shoots.
Old 09-14-04, 04:27 PM
badboybeul
Driver School Candidate

Im in!!!
Old 09-14-04, 05:39 PM
ddarbs55
Lead Lap

Originally posted by badboybeul
Im in!!!
i love it - Delaware is rep'd.
PHILLY CREW GIVE A HOLLA!!!
-d.
Old 09-14-04, 06:32 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I vote for Bear Mtn. Had a blast there last time.

Quick Reply: *** October 3rd (Sunday) EOS Meet ***