Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Official NE EOS CL meet (Fort Lee NJ, 10/3/04)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-04 | 08:55 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by SKY-DaGS
hello lexusk8,
I can bring the charcoal to the meet, so the question is should I bring 1or 2 bag?
Hey Sky, thanks for volunteering! I'll put you down for the charcoal, and I think one bag of charcoal should be sufficient (the grilled burgers and hot dogs will go in and out pretty quickly)
Old 09-23-04 | 09:02 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by mclaren
Hey, are Acuras welcome too?
Hi mclaren, and welcome to CL Although I have mentioned that we wanted this to be mostly a Lexus-only meet, we always welcome other cars into our meets (as long as they look nice) I don't see any problem having Acuras at the meet, but if we're gonna be overrun by a buttload of Acuras, then that's gonna be a different story LOL BTW, what kind of Acura do you own?

Oh yeah, one other thing. THe directions to the park suck. THey will get you almost all the way, but the entrance into the park is decieving and not well marked. Plus it isn't very smooth. Its hard to explain where it is exactly. I'll see if I can put up a map or something.
Thank you for informing us about it. I haven't been to the park myself yet, and although it looks relatively simple to locate on the roadmap, it may become confusing to find the exact location when actually driving there. Looking forward to the map with better directions, if you can find it.
Old 09-23-04 | 10:37 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

i'll be there......it will be nice to have a "Lexus Only" meet again
Old 09-23-04 | 10:41 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Cadd
Hey Johnny, are you still going to the MB thing? I really don't know what to do. My gf doesn't want to go to two "car related" events in one day. One is too much for her already. I really don't feel like driving to Six Flags, then dropping her off in Brooklyn, then head out to the GWB area. Too much traffic and time.

How long do you think that MB driving event will be? We'll be late for the meet
If u want, u can go to the MB event this coming weekend as well, its being held on LI.
Old 09-24-04 | 09:00 AM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

I am surprised there are no IS300 owners. I would love to see a modded IS300.

-Donald
Old 09-24-04 | 09:01 AM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

I'm surprised there are no IS300 owners. I would love to see a modded IS300.

-Donald
Old 09-24-04 | 10:32 AM
mclaren
Rookie

Originally posted by lexusk8
Hi mclaren, and welcome to CL Although I have mentioned that we wanted this to be mostly a Lexus-only meet, we always welcome other cars into our meets (as long as they look nice) I don't see any problem having Acuras at the meet, but if we're gonna be overrun by a buttload of Acuras, then that's gonna be a different story LOL BTW, what kind of Acura do you own?

Thank you for informing us about it. I haven't been to the park myself yet, and although it looks relatively simple to locate on the roadmap, it may become confusing to find the exact location when actually driving there. Looking forward to the map with better directions, if you can find it.
Actually I have a CL Don't worry it looks o.k.

Also, I'd just come by myself, I wouldn't crash your meet.

I'll try and see what I can come up with in terms of a map. If I have enough tome, I'll snap a pic of the entrance as that would be the most useful. I'll see what I can do. Also, if you need anything else like utensils and what not, I would be happy to chip in.
Old 09-24-04 | 12:48 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Actually I have a CL Don't worry it looks o.k.

Also, I'd just come by myself, I wouldn't crash your meet.

I'll try and see what I can come up with in terms of a map. If I have enough tome, I'll snap a pic of the entrance as that would be the most useful. I'll see what I can do. Also, if you need anything else like utensils and what not, I would be happy to chip in.
what part of jersey are you from?
Old 09-24-04 | 01:41 PM
mclaren
Rookie

Originally posted by T.L.W.
what part of jersey are you from?
Livingston. Its a little town in Essesx County. Its exit 5 and 6 off 280.
Old 09-24-04 | 03:37 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

bergen county here

right near fort lee

Old 09-24-04 | 08:08 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

I'm directly off prospect ave exit from rt 280.... 5min from livingston and rt 10, I live across the street from pal's cabin in West Orange...
Old 09-24-04 | 09:21 PM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 200000

Default Re: Calling all meteorologist-types!

Originally posted by ddarbs55
Hey Canaan, can you give us some good news on the weather patterns?
-d.
Let me see what I can find out on the long range models tonight and I'll post the general consensus of the models for that day. Hope it's good news!
Old 09-25-04 | 12:13 AM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 200000

Ok, here is what the models are showing this far out. The Canadian model is the only model showing a nice high pressure parked over the area, meaning great sunny weather. The GFS (American) model is showing a cold front approaching the region, so a chance of showers would be warranted with that. The EC (European) model goes out to 168hrs only, so Oct 2, and it shows a trough dropping from Canada into the upper midwest moving into the Ohio valley. So a cold front would be approaching the region, but it could hold off until 10/4. I'll update after the weekend when the models get into a better time frame. Hope this helps. FWIW, the GFS is spinning up another tropical system and taking it at S FL in 192hrs, 8 days. Madness I tell ya. Later all.
Old 09-25-04 | 05:57 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by GS430 GUY
Ok, here is what the models are showing this far out. The Canadian model is the only model showing a nice high pressure parked over the area, meaning great sunny weather. The GFS (American) model is showing a cold front approaching the region, so a chance of showers would be warranted with that. The EC (European) model goes out to 168hrs only, so Oct 2, and it shows a trough dropping from Canada into the upper midwest moving into the Ohio valley. So a cold front would be approaching the region, but it could hold off until 10/4. I'll update after the weekend when the models get into a better time frame. Hope this helps. FWIW, the GFS is spinning up another tropical system and taking it at S FL in 192hrs, 8 days. Madness I tell ya. Later all.
i may not totally understand it but Cannan knows his *****

btw i didnt see you at the Lexus taste of luxury
Old 09-25-04 | 07:52 AM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by GS430 GUY
Good work!!...uhhhh ...Ithink??? So hopefully it doesn't rain right??

Quick Reply: Official NE EOS CL meet (Fort Lee NJ, 10/3/04)