Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Compustar Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-04, 01:59 PM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compustar Alarm

Hey Fellas!!!

At this past meet in FT Lee, NJ....a few of you asked about the Compustar alarm and its features. I have done a little research and I was able to attain some new information on these alarm systems. Compustar has released a new system which you can have 2 remotes as opposed to 1 and has extended its range to 3000 ft. It is 900Mhz and will do everything from remote start timer...vibrate/audible alert....mind you all from 3000ft!!!!!....It locks and unlocks both passive and non-passively....in addition to this it also has a built-in Turbo-timer that works off of the alarm itself. One last feature it has is the "Black Jack" feature which some of you are aware of as being the anti-carjacking feature....it allows you, in the event that you are car jacked, to remotely turn off the vehicle from your remote within 60 seconds!!!!

I will be putting this alarm on my GS in about 2 weeks....a friend of mine is an installer for Compustar so I just have to wait until he has time...I will give you guys the results afterwards.

I have some literature on it in an Adobe file but I don't know how to post it up. I will see what I can do. For those interested on more information on this alarm...you can PM me or e-mail me at
GS4Show@yahoo.com.

Danny
Old 10-07-04, 06:07 PM
angelslex
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Viper 791vx and Valet 554r .

This is the system I hook up in Cadd's GS. This is on of the best units for the price. I got 791vx also but they are to expensive.
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by rjheard
What type of unit did you use for remote start? Do you still use the key transmitter or aftermarket? The range for my factory remote sucks!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the Valet 554R (identical to the Viper 791vx unit).

I have the OEM key transmitter along with the "pager" that comes with the Valet. I have 2 alarms. Since the OEM alarm doesn't have a shock sensor, only the Valet alarm works when someone hits the car (alarm sounds and my pager beeps notifying me the zone that was triggered).

But if the door is forced open, both alarm starts blasting.

The remote start unit is included with the Valet 554R.

...the struggle to financial freedom is unfair, the only ones who disagree are millionaires...
--Savage Garden

Last edited by angelslex; 10-07-04 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-07-04, 07:34 PM
mclaren
Rookie

Default Re: Viper 791vx and Valet 554r .

Originally posted by angelslex
This is the system I hook up in Cadd's GS. This is on of the best units for the price. I got 791vx also but they are to expensive.
quote:

Originally posted by rjheard
What type of unit did you use for remote start? Do you still use the key transmitter or aftermarket? The range for my factory remote sucks!

I have the Valet 554R (identical to the Viper 791vx unit).

I have the OEM key transmitter along with the "pager" that comes with the Valet. I have 2 alarms. Since the OEM alarm doesn't have a shock sensor, only the Valet alarm works when someone hits the car (alarm sounds and my pager beeps notifying me the zone that was triggered).

But if the door is forced open, both alarm starts blasting.

The remote start unit is included with the Valet 554R.

...the struggle to financial freedom is unfair, the only ones who disagree are millionaires...
--Savage Garden
That new COmpustar sounds interesting.

Just one question though, would it be possible to mount the horn somewhere in the car? I figure outside, no one notices it and it pisses everyone else off, but inside it would be loud as hell and the would be theif probably wouldn't wanna put up with the noise.
Old 10-07-04, 08:13 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My friend has one...It's wayy too annoying and sensitive...I guess he just has to tone it down a bit...The remote is too big IMHO...
Old 10-08-04, 07:21 AM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by One HoT SC400
My friend has one...It's wayy too annoying and sensitive...I guess he just has to tone it down a bit...The remote is too big IMHO...
You are thinking of the older Compustar...this one was released in May of this year....its smaller than the 2WSS which is a big bulky remote that you can knock someone out with...

mclaren: There are different DEI devices that you could use...I've seen everything from an electrical charge on the interior to airhorns....just a matter of having an installer do it.

Danny
Old 10-14-04, 04:51 AM
SandRock
Lead Lap

I have had one for a while and its great. Does everything its supposed to. Sensitivity is adjustable. I never met a person who wasnt impressed when I showed them what the alarm can do. The best feature is the 2 way when the alarm goes off.
Old 10-14-04, 11:12 AM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah...SandRock!!! Not that many people know about this alarm b/c it is so exclusive....The technology is incredible and its reliability is unsurpassed....I price this alarm out around here in the tri-state area and I was quoted $650-$700...Its pricey....but what do they say about these mods again...."you gotta pay to play"

Danny
Old 10-14-04, 04:28 PM
angelslex
Instructor

Default Viper 791 XV

The one i have in my 4runner viper 791XV with V200 GPS i can call from my cell and start the car or unlock or i can go in My PC and program to start the car at the same time everyday or track where my truck is like LO JACK. it got so much stuff .
Old 10-15-04, 05:43 PM
angelslex
Instructor

Default pics

some products from DEI They are all the same.different marketing.
Attached Thumbnails Compustar Alarm-dsc00701.jpg  
Old 10-15-04, 05:44 PM
angelslex
Instructor

Default DEI

I love DEI been working with this company for about 8 to 10 years I have alarm or remote starter on cars from going back on 5 years and up .
Old 10-15-04, 05:46 PM
angelslex
Instructor

Default pics

AS you can see i like to use DEI
Attached Thumbnails Compustar Alarm-dsc00698.jpg  
Old 10-15-04, 07:32 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thinking about getting one, but which is better...

compustar or dei?
Old 10-16-04, 09:55 AM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by AutoCoutureSC
thinking about getting one, but which is better...

compustar or dei?

I've seeen many people now with Compustar and the features are incredible....DEI is a good company but everyonehas there own preference....also there is a difference in prices as well....DEI products are less expensive and have mostly the same components in all there lines of alarms....Compustar has some features that DEI products don't have and vice/versa...it all depends on what you are looking for in an alarm....

Hope this helps and didnt confuse you any....

Danny
Old 10-18-04, 10:43 AM
siaxazn
Lead Lap

sounds like a great alarm with many nifty features, but I suppose its just like any alarm where when you pull the brain or cut the battery the alarm is dead. I really dont see a point in spending 600-700 dollars on an alarm with all the high tech features if u can get a cheaper one for 200 and have less features yet be just as safe as the high tech alarm. I used to have a 2 way pager alarm with shock sensors start kill fuel pump kill ect ect and all but my car(not my lex) still got jacked . its as easy as pulling the brain then all the hightech features like starter kill ect ect are useless. I think u'd be better off with a cheaper alarm installed well. like hiding the brain in a better location than under the dash and placing sirens with back up batterys in the cabin. ect ect. Most installers will just install ur high tech alarm like in the usual locations(the horn right under the hood where you can just clip the wires and put the brain right under the dash where you can pull it out to disconnect in a matter of seconds).

I too am looking into getting a compustar but not becuase of its added features. the only feature im interested in is the safe manual transmission autostarter. But other than that i think all alarms are alike. Your better off with a good install than a higher priced alarm with a crappy install.
Old 11-06-04, 07:59 PM
angelslex
Instructor

Default viper 791xv

Finally Im done with my project. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=139253