Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

** AFTERMATH: HIN At Atlantic City, NJ **

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-04, 08:39 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ** AFTERMATH: HIN At Atlantic City, NJ **

Well, first off I had a great time over there at AC and was pleasantly surprised by the size of the show..

I would like to thank T.L.W. for getting us GREAT spots at HIN. We were literally the first 4 cars that spectators saw when they walked in.

D2-Autosports and Stefwilli, I hope u guys made it home alright and you guys have great ideas on how to draw attention to your cars. I liked your decals and shirts that says D2-AUTOSPORTS, very creative ! I hope you have enough exposure there to bring you more business..

Dagr8hustla, hey danny, I'm not that paranoid about my car I just got a little pissed off when I saw that girl open my door and started playing with my TV by pushing all the buttons. Don't like strangers touching my electronics like it was theirs. I had a great time hanging out and eating dinner with you and your girl.. You are one cool guy bro !

Ted920, Glad I met ya man, you have one sick sound system and you and I have the same taste in cars. Keep it nice and clean ! I will let you know when I get that piece from Japan.. Looking foward to seeing you more at shows.

As for the results, none of us got any placings. The red GS400(on airbags, with black hood) who won at NOPI in Atlanta took home 3 trophies.. I was pretty shocked to see him there and I gotta admit, in the pics that I have seen on here it didn't look that good. Though in person, the car doesn't look bad at all. Yes its a little bit overdone in the sound system/electronics department but that car is truly a show car. TONS and TONS of $$$ were spent to make it look like that. Though I wasn't feeling the TV on the gas lid ..

All in all there were very nice cars and very gawdy looking cars there too. You have to have like 8 tv's and 4 subs to compete with those guys and I am not going that route. I think TLW, D2-Autosports, Stefwilli and I were literally the cleanest cars there.. The judges I believe didn't really care about it being clean and tasteful rather they cared about how much "shiat" can you put on your car.. I am not really into the neons, strobe lights, 4 subs in the trunk, 6 tv's in the interior etc.... I'm more about having a clean, elegant ride..

Pics will be up later tonight, I got like 2 hours of sleep.. I am so tired right now, I can h a r d l y ttt yy pp ee annyy moorreee......
Old 10-24-04, 09:50 AM
Unvme
Driver

I sent my IS300 with my team (Team ECI) and was confused as to why it did not place either (Blue Turbo IS300). I have yet to see a show results list or the cars that I was up against. But hey , cant win em all. Glad to see that everyone had fun at the show. Now I gotta wait for the Semi to ge tback all the way here to Florida so I can drive the damn thing again haha..
And yes I tend to agree. The NCCA has been putting shiity cars up for top places. It seems no matter how clean and classy a car is , If it fiberglassed all up and beyond gawdy then it will steal the show. Though we are in a time with this hobby where the crazier something "Looks" is all that matters. Craftsmanship, tasteful modifications, and the perfect blend of Show and Go are not the IN thing it seems. I will stick to what suits a Lexus better and not what makes 15 year old kids go Ooo and Ahhh...
Time for my little beast to head home lol

-Matt

Last edited by Unvme; 10-24-04 at 09:53 AM.
Old 10-24-04, 10:06 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matt all I can say to those judges is

I saw one walking around with his checklist googling over a piece of crap car which had so much fiberglass and crap inside, and the hood was closed, probably didnt want to show off his cold air intake...

congrats to the GS guys, they sure looked sweet....

here are a cpl of Matt's

Old 10-24-04, 01:42 PM
ddarbs55
Lead Lap

DANG! that's a shame! i'm an absolute dim-bulb when it comes
to competitions, but aren't there different classes for these large-type
events? i would think that it would be easy enough to separate the
over the top stuff from the cream of the crop.

MATT,
very nice ride.

ANDY/JOHNNY,
glad you're both not turning to the dark side. keep it classy just like
they already are. props for reppin' properly.
-d.
Old 10-24-04, 06:13 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Great to meet the CL crew....and finally getting to see Matts ride in person. That thing is a monster !!!

Sorry about the judges...as you can tell, I'm not judging for NCCA anymore because of the politics involved. I must admit, the quality and quantity was very high at this show.

Hey Ted...where were you ????
Old 10-24-04, 07:08 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by MrMark
Great to meet the CL crew....and finally getting to see Matts ride in person. That thing is a monster !!!

Sorry about the judges...as you can tell, I'm not judging for NCCA anymore because of the politics involved. I must admit, the quality and quantity was very high at this show.

Hey Ted...where were you ????
i have pics going to post real soon

Mark

how does a guy win wild and mild??????
Old 10-25-04, 07:35 AM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Andy!!!!

Glad to here everyone made it home okay....I left at about 10:30-11PM after breaking everything down from the booth and eating dinner at Applebees I was starved!!!!!!!!!!! Good thing I had my girl with me....I knocked out while we were still on the AC expressway!!!! She got us home safely and then I was wired for the rest of the night!!!! I wanted to come onto CL....but I said...I'll wait till monday....you're right andy....this website is an addiction!!!!!!!!

Anyways....It was good to see everyone there....... Johnny......gotta say love the Borgatta!!!! Enjoyed the dinner and drinks....I owe you a drink my friend....we gotta do it again sometime.....as for andy( Johnny...I really believe he went to check on the car to see if it was okay.....ALL THE WAY IN THE CONVENTION CENTER!!!!!!!!!) LOL! Just kidding Andy!!! I had a great time with all of you guys and we must do it again....Too bad winter is comming but all that means is that.....you guys are coming stronger next year!!

Either way all the cars were beautiful....eeehem....I mean all the GS's were beautiful. Maybe next year I'll be ready......see you then fellas!!!!

Danny
Old 10-25-04, 08:55 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It was great to see everyone: andy, johnny, Derrick,, and Steff;

Had some good discussions with Kendu.

I agree that NCCA judging is crazy and major politics are involved. Without knowing people, you won;t win with the NCCA.

I did make some good contact and have put together a big deal for next year.

Mark: I was 2 rows behind the 4 lexus vehicles in the front entranceway.

I went looking around for you and didn't see you or Anna.

Can;t wait to see pics. Carandmodel.com will have a lot of good pics.

Peace,

Ted
Old 10-25-04, 08:57 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

By the way, that Blie IS from Florida was CRAZY.

Really really good.

TEAM ECI was very impressive. The MAzda RX-7 was awesome. Great wheels.

Ted
Old 10-25-04, 08:58 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

I didn;t see DAGRT8HSTLA there.

Was looking forward to meeting you.

Ted
Old 10-25-04, 09:01 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Ted's right... unless you know people within Vision/NCCA, or you have an industry vehicle that's overdone and super gaudy, you won't win. Even with one of the first turbo IS300's and several magazine shoots, I never won at an HIN event.

I won't comment on the judging since I worked 3 events for NCCA, but if I told you guys, you'd only get pissed.

Ted....we were in the back next to the stage near Scion. We had our silver Infiniti M45 there, just for display.

See you guys next season....hopefully with my Lex....
Old 10-25-04, 09:02 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Exclamation P I C S

Hehhe TLW and I on our way there..
Old 10-25-04, 09:04 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Exclamation HIN 2004

TLW and I arriving at the parking at HIN to register at the tent.
Old 10-25-04, 09:08 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Exclamation HIN 2004

Inside HIN
Old 10-25-04, 09:10 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Exclamation HIN 2004

Quick Reply: ** AFTERMATH: HIN At Atlantic City, NJ **