Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

ClubLexus Toys for Tots Drive

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-04, 02:29 PM
Thomas C
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official ClubLexus Toys for Tots Drive

"The Official ClubLexus Toys for Tots Drive" Here is your chance to give a piece of love and happiness to a child.

This event is official, thanks to DaveGS4.

Myself (Thomas C) and fellow CL member One HoT SC400 (Dennis C) will be coordinating a charity event for "Toys for Tots Drive" to benefit children for the holidays. We strongly need your CL love and support!

I originally got the idea from 2 sources as follows:

NSX Prime forums.
Link

US Marines Toys for Tots program website.
Link

Basicly, Toys for tots is a program to give underpriveleged children a chance to enjoy Christmas by having donators distribute presents and toys. There is more info here.

The plan and strategy are as follows:

Dennis, myself and hopefully some fellow CL Northeast regional volunteers will go to the local "Toys 'R' Us" on Monday 12/20/2004 and purchase various variety of toys and drop it off at Floyd Bennett Field where the "U.S. Marine Corp's Toys for Tot " will be held.

We will be including scans of all receipts and pictures of this joyful event. If any of NE regional members would like to join in the fun we will be more than pleased to have you there. We can use as many hands, legs and cargo space as possible since we can't possibly fit all these toys in one car. Any participation or donation will be greatly appreciated. It will be a fun and giving experience for the holidays.

For those would would like to participate in this wonderous event: Please call me or Dennis for information at:

Thomas Chan: 917-696-3333
Dennis Chan: 917-681-3332

Thomas Chan email: batmanwcm@yahoo.com
Dennis Chan email: pharmDhc@yahoo.com

I have already contacted the US Marine Corps and got the confimation. We will make it in time for Christmas distribution. If we are successful this year, I'm hoping to make this an annual CL event.

We are planning to target various range of toys that is readily available. For example: Game consoles, action figures etc... Any other suggestions of toys would be appreciated.

Please donate what you can, even donating $1 dollar will be significant difference in this event.

Please be advised:
The drive will end on Sunday, December 19th 2004 at 11:00pm EST.

You can send donations VIA PayPal to:

batmanwcm@yahoo.com

When making a donation through PayPal, please fill in subject as "ClubLexus Toys for Tots" also include your CL screenname or handle. If you wish to remain anonymous then you must inform me in the comments section of PayPal.

Contributors:................................................................Organization: ...................................................Donation:
Thomas Chan (Thomas C).................................................ClubLexus...................................................................$100
Dennis Chan (One Hot SC400).........................................ClubLexus.....................................................................$50
John Dang (ARISTO*7)....................................................ClubLexus.....................................................................$25
Winnie Lee (Caramella)...........................................Kappa Phi Alpha Sorority.......................................................$20
Pi Mei Wong (Violet)...............................................Kappa Phi Alpha Sorority.......................................................$20
Peter Y. (Wariow)..............................................................Maxima.org.....................................................................$5
Anthony C. (mrshabo).......................................................ClubLexus......................................................................$10
Dennis L. (bishop977).......................................................ClubLexus........................................................................$5
Tony...............................................................................None...............................................................................$20
Kit Y...................................................................................None................................................................................$30

Last edited by Thomas C; 12-20-04 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-12-04, 09:06 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

and if you guys wanna ship your new sealed toys, you guys can do that too, pm me or Thomas for shipping address. come on guys, time to do some charity!
Old 12-20-04, 04:10 PM
Thomas C
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Toys for tots drive has ended! I'm not going to imply that I'm a little disapointed (but I am) in the turn out. However we raised some money and every little bit helps! Dennis and I will be going to purchase gifts on Wednesday due to inevitable finals. Pics and scans will be posted Wednesday night.