Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

connecticut meet

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-05, 08:27 AM
2001slvrIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea im definitely down for a meet in CT
Old 03-23-05, 06:23 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CT Meet

How about somewhere near the water - if not for the beach it can provide a nice backdrop for photos etc. Norwalk/Westport how about Sherwood Island?
Old 03-23-05, 06:34 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

where is sherwood island ??

sounds interesting
Old 03-24-05, 12:14 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sherwood Island

Originally Posted by T.L.W.
where is sherwood island ??
sounds interesting
Off I-95 - Exit 18 I believe

http://dep.state.ct.us/stateparks/parks/sherwood.htm
Old 03-25-05, 05:19 PM
CTgs300
Pole Position

Thumbs up

thats not that bad of an idea but you cant get that close to the water there if i remember correctly . I think later in the summer that would be great but who wants to go near the water when its like 40 degrees

can someone put together a list of people who are intrested and get a date and a rain date if possible!
Old 03-28-05, 05:49 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Here are the people who have stated interest for a CT meet so far:

- CTgs300
- lexusk8
- Lexis11
- D2-AUTOSPORT
- J_RoK
- cal9126
- fireballs gs400
- 2001slvrIS

As far as dates go, I'm just throwing this in the air... let's make it at Saturday, April 23rd, and have the rain date on the following Saturday (April 30th). Having the meet held near the water sounds nice. Since I'm pretty familiar with some of the spots along the CT shoreline, I'll try to research them within the next few weeks. We could make this like a casual, informal type of meet... no raffles, no products, no contests, just a gathering of who's who from the CL crowd within the CT setting I appreciate any feedback, thanks!

And if you'd like to bring other friends or people you know who drive a Lexus, please post them up.
Old 03-28-05, 06:43 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Ya the 23rd or the 24th sound good to me. I am off to Vegas the following weekend so hope for no rain. I hope my car will be done by then?
Old 03-30-05, 08:09 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i'm down for this.

Ted
Old 04-12-05, 12:44 PM
CTgs300
Pole Position

Is everyone still up for this ? I was in the middle of a move with no access to a pc so I haven't had a chance to check but lets get this going!
Old 04-12-05, 01:03 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by CTgs300
Is everyone still up for this ? I was in the middle of a move with no access to a pc so I haven't had a chance to check but lets get this going!
Hey there, if you haven't checked, I started up a thread a few days ago HERE
Old 04-12-05, 06:15 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yup sounds good to me

have HIN in boston the following week april 30th
Old 12-13-06, 06:13 AM
damadazn
Driver School Candidate

Default ct meet

sup fellaz,

im new to the forum and interested in meeting you all when you guys have your CT meet just let me know. D2 do you do custom install for the angel headlights interested of putting it on my Lex headlight.
Old 12-21-06, 12:00 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusk8
I'd love to have another meet in CT, but it seems that either we never get enough members from this state interested in a meet, or not many are in favor of driving to CT. I usually end up driving 2-3 hrs average to NY/NJ/MA for meets, and 4-5 hrs one time for a meet in Philadelphia, PA. Some people don't like the idea of putting extra miles on their cars, but isn't that the reason why we are here in this car forum, to enjoy driving a Lexus?
Hey everyone... LexusK8 is sort of right.... what's the point of buying a car and not driving it? C'mon i pretty sure you guys enjoy the caravans as much as we do.

I'm just browsing through the threads and saw that you guys were planning to get together sometime in spring... well so are we (NELOC) i understand you guys are a bit far to make monthly meets down here but one individual has... i think his name was Joe C (silver 98-01 GS) I think he enjoyed hanging out with us. I'm pretty sure i could speak on NELOCS behalf that we would love to meet up with you guys and hang if you guys would like... we sure definately don't mind driving... we've been having alot of PA,MD,DE meets lately and i think our next stop would be NY once the new year comes around. Perfect opportunity to see some new faces if you guys are up for it. i'm pretty sure alot of guys wouldn't want to drive all the way up to CT either but if you guys don't mind meeting somewhere, maybe like a halfway point which would give us good driving/manuevering roads and some place we could all hang and take some good pictures. Somewhere in the middle where it's just far enough so the maryland guys don't feel that it's too much of a drive for them. I think it would be fun times. Just brainstorming.

we usually have a pretty good crowd too
Old 12-21-06, 09:29 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by damadazn
sup fellaz,

im new to the forum and interested in meeting you all when you guys have your CT meet just let me know. D2 do you do custom install for the angel headlights interested of putting it on my Lex headlight.
Just as a FYI this thread is over a year old, lexusk8 lives in FLA now! As for the headlights not we do not do any custom angel eyes or things of that sort.
Old 12-26-06, 01:55 PM
Joe C
Lexus Test Driver

I wish there were meets in CT, that would be awesome.

Quick Reply: connecticut meet