Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

FBF Rain date....

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-05, 12:17 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, the forecast says 71 degrees and scattered thunder showers, which usually translates into very brief showers to no showers at all. They use the expression "scattered" t-storms because they are not able to pinpoint exactly where the brief t-storms are gonna hit. They just see the potential for t-storms in the area... could be in South Jersey only for al we know. So more than likely we will be VERY okay for the meet!

However, in the unlikely event of steady rain, you can bank on the fact that many will still show up. We will have a meet still, but I will announce a rain date on Monday. At the rain date's event, we will have the raffle! But again, I just want to say that since it's gonna be in the 70s and they are saying scattered t-storms, we should not be discouraged! It will likely be a great day!!

Ron

Last edited by MSBoy; 05-12-05 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-12-05, 12:27 PM
superpats
Lexus Test Driver

Ron I just read your thread about the 06 AWD GS being at the show and actually a test drive being raffled off. Well thats motivation enough for me to go rain or shine. That and Jeff is a good motivational speaker.
Old 05-12-05, 12:31 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by superpats
Ron I just read your thread about the 06 AWD GS being at the show and actually a test drive being raffled off. Well thats motivation enough for me to go rain or shine. That and Jeff is a good motivational speaker.

...a few test drives will be raffled off. Not just 1!!

Look forward to seeing you there!
Old 05-12-05, 12:53 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Yes sir yes sir, I am a very good speaker lol. Just make sure your *** in on the pike in Auburn at 8:30 lol
Old 05-12-05, 12:57 PM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lexis11
No no no that is the wrong attitude. It is going to be fine tust me bro. No rain no rain at all. You are coming and thats the end of it.

better pray those rims don't bend on the way down to BK young buck
Old 05-12-05, 01:00 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

better pray those rims don't bend on the way down to BK young buck
Nah its all good 3 pc forged wheels are pretty strong, I hit a damn hole last night though I broke my wheel and all is well.
Old 05-12-05, 01:15 PM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Nah its all good 3 pc forged wheels are pretty strong, I hit a damn hole last night though I broke my wheel and all is well.

I will agree iFORGED are prolly the strongest rims, but still....you apparently haven't seen the CRATERS NYC has....

I'm tellin you..if I can bend a stock rim on a 50 series tire, you are gonna be hard pressed not to bend a 20" rim with a 30 series tire

but bro...once you get here...I NEED to see how 20's drive on our streets....take me for a ride??

Old 05-12-05, 01:32 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

but bro...once you get here...I NEED to see how 20's drive on our streets....take me for a ride??
Absolutley I will take you for a ride.
Old 05-12-05, 01:46 PM
FutureGSorIS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY
I will agree iFORGED are prolly the strongest rims, but still....you apparently haven't seen the CRATERS NYC has....

I'm tellin you..if I can bend a stock rim on a 50 series tire, you are gonna be hard pressed not to bend a 20" rim with a 30 series tire

Hey do you know how bad the streets are around the meet? My rear tires are only a few mm from the fender and i don't need any crazy rubbing....also I am only 1.5in from the ground to the front lip.
Old 05-12-05, 02:29 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FutureGSorIS
Hey do you know how bad the streets are around the meet? My rear tires are only a few mm from the fender and i don't need any crazy rubbing....also I am only 1.5in from the ground to the front lip.
Dunno where you're coming from, but most of the Blet Parkway is newly repaved and the road connected to the exit off the Belt is pretty nice. The roads inside Floyd Bennett Field are mint. The only thing you have to be careful with is a few feet after you enter into the facility... there is a speed bump, so you gotta take it real slow. Other than that, you're golden!!

See you there!!
Old 05-12-05, 03:37 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Default ***fbf Drivers' News Flash ****

Any of you planning to attend who were going to be driving through NYC be ADVISED there was a major retaining wall collapse on the WEST SIDE HIGHWAY at 181st...the NorthBound side is currently shut down and the southbound is closed for emergency traffic only...I don't know if and when it will be passable, but if your driving plans to FBF took you thru Manhattan (that's the way I always go - NYC to BB Tunnel) better re-route.
Old 05-12-05, 05:26 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

man I was kind of hoping for this rain date. I have to go to an uncle's birthday party. Actually, its the uncle who is Paul's (my cousin's) father. Paul is the cousin I bought the GS from . So i kind of have to be at the birthday.

And my car is kind of in a crap condition. My front lip is still cracked (going to get it repaired in the next few weeks). And I have scratches all over the place. Streets near my school are HORRIBLE.

good luck with everyone going to the FBF meet. Everyone drive safely and have fun. Remember guys... PICTURES !
Old 05-13-05, 05:10 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FutureGSorIS

I would worry bout potholes more than rubbing.....I just gotta say....I went to Sandy Hook CT a couple weeks ago for training and once you're in CT you are fine but as soon as you leave CT and enter NY (the BX specifically) it's all downhill from there

best of luck gettin here safe and sound....
Old 05-13-05, 05:12 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Absolutley I will take you for a ride.

u da man!
Old 05-14-05, 12:38 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Damn, today sure looks like a good day for a meet!

Quick Reply: FBF Rain date....