Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

question regarding NY area

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-05, 11:22 AM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.newyorkmetro.com
www.citysearch.com

chelsea area is notorious, not village.
congee village is awesome. House special chicken rocks.

Last edited by sputniknyc; 06-12-05 at 11:25 AM.
Old 06-12-05, 11:48 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would suggest trendy 5 Ave. BTW 42-58 streets..Gucci, H&M, NBA store, Coach, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany's are amoungest some of the high-end stores located there. You can check out Central park and Rockafeller Center while your there also. They are within the same location. Great place to walk around and get a feel of the city.
Old 06-12-05, 11:53 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nk1983
i highly recommend spice
i beleev its on 1st ave. between 73rd/74th
its a thai place fantastic food with reasonable prices.
if youre interested ill give you an exact address
also if you need someone that you can call for random places, directions etc. PM me and ill give you my number. Ill be in the city around that time as well. And if you need a place to watch fireworks my apt. window is great, lol...26th floor with great views
have fun!
Ditto on Spice. I love this place. It's the only place you can order anything on the menu and it's guaranteed to taste delicious. Great prices also..Another location is on..

60 University Place
New York, NY 10003 at 10th Street
Old 06-13-05, 12:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by One HoT
I would suggest trendy 5 Ave. BTW 42-58 streets..Gucci, H&M, NBA store, Coach, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany's are amoungest some of the high-end stores located there. You can check out Central park and Rockafeller Center while your there also. They are within the same location. Great place to walk around and get a feel of the city.
good info, gotta take more notes. i think that place will be fun to look at, just like rodeo drive in beverly hill (it's a shame that i haven't been to rodeo drive yet and i am from LA....). thank god my wife doesn't like those brand stuff
Old 06-16-05, 06:10 AM
KoSC300
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whoa.... SPICE!!!
I agree with this place. Its a chain restaurant with a couple locations in NY. The only one I have been to is the one in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. From what i've heard about the other spots, I believe this is the best looking environment/location that spice has. The place is big and always full. If you are looking for a really nice HotSpot to eat, you should definately check this place out. The food is pretty cheap for a place like that, also considering that most thai restaurants are fairly pricey. Here, you will average about $8-9 per entree. I'm thai myself so my standards for the food are a little high, i'd rate the food as Good, not great. However, the environment alone looks so awesome and kewl that it'll make the food taste better. Trust me!

The place kinda looks like a big night club/dinner spot from a movie. If you plan on ordering some drinks, definately make sure your lady trys the Lychee Martini. It tastes great and is presented nicely. I cant find the pictures I had from the party that i threw for my g/f's 24th bday there, but here's a picture from their site and also their link... http://www.spicenyc.net/

Btw, I'll also vouch for Peter Lugars.... best tasting steak I have ever had. Its so juicy and tender. They have their own sauce which you can also buy at like Pathmark. Your looking to spend a pretty penny though.
Attached Thumbnails question regarding NY area-sea-williamsburg.jpg  
Old 06-16-05, 12:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

wow that place realy looks cool! and the price is cheap too, you can hardly find that price here in norcal
Old 06-21-05, 06:32 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Other things to do in NYC

To do a distant tour of Mahattan by water you can do the Circle Line - I'd recommend the half circle, as the full gets a bit long, and the 2nd half knda blows anyway. There's also THE BEAST, which is a high powered "go-fast" tour on the water and there are double decker tours available as well.

As for other restaurants - I TOTALLY recommend OCEANA check Zagat's - highly rated...(price fixed menu) took my wife for our anniversary - simply awesome.

You can take in a Yankee game if they are in town that weekend - but you need to be careful about going into the Bronx if you don't know where you are going- best bet would be a day game.

If you do make it to Lexus of Manhattan make sure you stop and say hi to my wife. Unfortunately, I will be in Toronto on business.

Have a great trip and enjoy all that NY has to offer.
Old 06-22-05, 01:52 PM
mb12345
Rookie

If you are planning to visit the Empire State Building observatory, which is definitely recommended to get a nice view of NYC, its a good idea to purchase the tickets online in advance and print them. You could even buy/print the tickets now as they don't have an expiry date (atleast valid for a year or so). On a holiday weekend, you will easily save about 2 hours standing in the queue for tickets. You can purchase the tickets from the official website of ESB:

http://www.esbnyc.com/

Also, visit the ESB only on a bright sunny day. You will be able to take a LOT of pics.
Old 06-23-05, 02:04 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

wow cool info on the circle line trip and the empire state. i am getting so much info about the city now, cool! now i think i have trouble planning what to do in that few days!
Old 07-12-05, 08:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

hey guys,

i want to take this chance and thanks everyone again for all the great information about nyc. the trip there was awesome and we had such a great time. 3 days were almost too short for us to see everything, but we managed to cram everything in. very very nice city!

saw all the attractions and had great food, you guys are the best!

but i have to ask, so what's so special about the grays papaya? you guys made me and my wife WALKED from south ferry all the way to 8th and 6th to try that, but we were looking at each other coz' we couldn't see what's special about it! damnit!
Old 07-13-05, 05:48 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Rom glad you liked the east coast, I dont know about papaya but what I did notice this morning is you have responded to almost every single thread on this forum, do your fingers ever get tired?
Old 07-13-05, 08:04 AM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

romini is a clublexus nut
Old 07-13-05, 09:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

well actually when i read the forums yesterday, i was also chatting with my wife online, and talking to couple of cl members. so there you go. i type pretty fast and not really feeling tired.

btw, after been to nyc, i can say, their roads sux.... totally sux man, there is no way you can get wheels there, hahaha, now i know why

also, Lexis11, which part of mass are you in? after the nyc trip i actually went to boston (mit) for couple of days
Old 07-14-05, 12:53 AM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
well actually when i read the forums yesterday, i was also chatting with my wife online, and talking to couple of cl members. so there you go. i type pretty fast and not really feeling tired.

btw, after been to nyc, i can say, their roads sux.... totally sux man, there is no way you can get wheels there, hahaha, now i know why

also, Lexis11, which part of mass are you in? after the nyc trip i actually went to boston (mit) for couple of days

roads in NYC are SHlT!!
big rims with low profile are considered as disposible wheels here (unless you drive like a grandma)
Just ordered my wheels! I cant wait to get them!
Old 07-14-05, 05:42 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
after the nyc trip i actually went to boston (mit) for couple of days
What part(s) of MIT campus did you visit? It's a pretty interesting institution after my many years of living in Boston. Oh, and that's also where the movie "Good Will Hunting" (w/ Matt Damon and Robin Williams) was shot

Did you also visit Harvard Square? Harvard and MIT are pretty much neighbors to each other.

Quick Reply: question regarding NY area