Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

got ticket in staten island

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-05, 01:10 PM
IS300ED
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call DMV TVB at (718)-488-5710. They will postpone it twice for you.

I strongly suggest you have an attorney that specializes in TVB matters and appears in Staten Island TVB regularly. Staten Island has an extremely high conviction rate and you're probably not able to discredit the officer's case.

If the officer was from a Highway command (look on Command Code on the ticket--if it starts with 4, that is highway) it is highly unlikely you will win unless he fails to appear.
Old 11-25-05, 06:39 PM
rottweiler
Pole Position

thanks soo much for the information. i dont even have the ticket with me cuz i had to mail it in when i plead not guily.
Old 11-25-05, 10:15 PM
BklynGS
Driver

yes they do make the cops show up to traffic court now, especially if hes a hghway cop, he will definitely be there and will definitely know what to say to get a guilty verdict. Highway cops usually have a lot of time on the job, you dont come out of the Academy and go to Highway, they are not like Rookies who make mistakes on tickets. And i dont think you could use the excuse that your radar detector did not pick up his radar with a judge, since radar detectors are illegal in new york. The only way your gonna win, is he something really happens and this cop can't possible show, or if you get a lawyer. Traffic lawyers are somtimes smarter than cops, and if the cop forgets some part of the testimony a lawyer sometimes picks up on this and gets the ticket dismissed cuz of some mistake. But anyway, if you live in New Jersey and have a NJ license, i dont think this even goes on you license record since it happened in NY.
Old 11-25-05, 10:40 PM
rottweiler
Pole Position

first of all the radar detectors are legal in newyork, and im not going to be using it as an example in the case.
Old 11-25-05, 11:27 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if you need a lawyer let me know i have on in staten island i used him before last year and he got me some points back..
Old 11-26-05, 12:54 PM
IS300ED
Rookie

Originally Posted by rottweiler
first of all the radar detectors are legal in newyork, and im not going to be using it as an example in the case.
Yeah, don't mention the radar detector. And DO use a TVB lawyer, they generally are squared away and know all the cops and can get something worked out even though pleas aren't supposed to happen.

Just make sure you call up and postpone plenty of time in advance. It can take a while to get thru on that phone number. You can postpone two times. Based on my experience, Staten Island cops and Staten Island Hwy will show up.