Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

got ticket in staten island

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-05, 09:45 PM
rottweiler
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry got ticket in staten island

well i was driving to staten island from newjersey in my moms car, i was on rt 440 which is the staten island expressway when all of a sudden i see a cop hidding on the side next to a small over pass, so i hit the brakes a little and then he jumps out of the corner and pulls me over. the thing is that i wasnt really speeding and i had my radar detector on the whole time and it never picked anything up. so he comes over to me and asks for my license and registration, he asked if i knew why i was pulled over and i said no and he said i was doing 70 in a 55 and i knew that was bull since his radar wasnt on, then he tells me that i have a working radar in the car and i tell him i know and that it didnt pick anything up and i wasnt speeding, well he just went back to the car, he comes back with a ticket, i asked him if i can get a print out of how fast i was going and he told me no and that if i wanted to see it i would have to go to court, he was being such an *******, so i tried asking him a question and he kept walking away and he said that he couldnt hear me and just took off. on the ticket it says 70 in a 50 working zone, which is another bull since there was no signs for work zone and they usually are 45 not 50. what should i do. this is my first speeding ticket and i dont want my insurance to go up. should i plead not juilty and hope he doesnt show up at court, and does it make a difference if i live in nj and got a ticket in ny. please help me out guys!!!!
Old 10-18-05, 08:09 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I would plea not guilty. Nine out of 10 those cops don't show up to traffic court, and your ticket would be dropped
Old 10-18-05, 11:38 AM
Fisher503
Lead Lap

WWW.NOTSPEEDING.COM give it a try and The highway patrol on th SI expressway always show up. Also they use this new thing called POP radar (your radar detector probably wont pick it up)look it up on Valentine1.com there are ways to get around it.
Old 10-18-05, 02:38 PM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

u could postpone it 3 times in NYC i beleive. Postpone it as much as you could then show up on your last one. More than likey the Bacon boy lost his records and will roll away.
NOT GUILTY!!

NEXT!!
Old 10-18-05, 09:05 PM
rottweiler
Pole Position

thanxs alot guys for your help
Old 10-18-05, 10:10 PM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rottweiler
thanxs alot guys for your help

if u beat the ticket....u owe all the ppl who posted a beer.
Old 10-18-05, 10:21 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Plea NOT GUILTY ........... he's a fukin pig that dont kno better ... been to court several times in staten island judges there are a lil italian FOGETABOUT IT! that ticket is in the garbaaaaage its ur first offense so u'll walk away clean without ur ins comp knowin it! .......... n yes come to ross dock n just buy us beers!
Old 10-19-05, 08:08 AM
Fisher503
Lead Lap

There are 2 judges that handle mostly every ticket in S.I. ones a man and ones a lady. If you get the lady you may have a shot. But if you get the GUY YOU SCREWED. Even if the cop says he lost his note and doesn't remember anything your still getting a guilty happened to many of my friends. Do what I told you in my last post.
Old 10-19-05, 10:15 AM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Fisher503
There are 2 judges that handle mostly every ticket in S.I. ones a man and ones a lady. If you get the lady you may have a shot. But if you get the GUY YOU SCREWED. Even if the cop says he lost his note and doesn't remember anything your still getting a guilty happened to many of my friends. Do what I told you in my last post.

If the pig lost his notes then you could argue with anything. How was the weather, how fast were u going, what was the date, time etc etc. If pig is unprepared theres no way a judge could hold you guilty. Unless the judge is paid by goomba's
Old 10-19-05, 11:15 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

In NYC, don't you have to post a bond to postpone your dates?

They "make" cops show up to their court dates now. Not like the way it used to be where they wouldn't show up.
Old 10-25-05, 10:00 AM
sirtiger
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SC300Es
In NYC, don't you have to post a bond to postpone your dates?

They "make" cops show up to their court dates now. Not like the way it used to be where they wouldn't show up.
never heard of that b4
Old 10-27-05, 06:06 AM
KoSC300
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'd definately fight that ticket. sounds like you have alot to talk about in court already. i guess you can try going back to where you got the ticket and take some pictures of the area, if it was a work zone there'd be signs for it right? also he originally said u did 70 in a 55. Check and make sure its really a 55 or 50mph zone. He might not even know what he's talking about. Informations not consistent, i would suggest having all this info in mind before walking into court.

i went up against a cop in court a few months ago and he didnt even know what he was talking about. He even wrote down the wrong info for his notes. I got ticket for making an "illegal U-turn" at 9pm, he wrote 9am... lol, around then i wasnt even awake at 9am, and i was heading to dinner which obviously at night. He also said he was tailing me for 2minutes, which is BS cause i had just come off of the southern state onto DPA... =)
Old 11-24-05, 04:50 PM
rottweiler
Pole Position

i just got a letter in the mail saying that i have the hearing on 12/06/05, how do i postpon it for a later date? there is no telephone numbers on the letter. please help
Old 11-24-05, 10:09 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

check with the dmv..you sure you didnt see a number on the letter at all?
Old 11-25-05, 01:02 PM
rottweiler
Pole Position

no number at all. ill check it over again, so i would need to call then and postpon it? can it be done that way?

Quick Reply: got ticket in staten island