Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

alignment shop in the pittsburgh area?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-05, 12:33 PM
GREED777
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default alignment shop in the pittsburgh area?

does any one know of a good alignment shop in the pittsburgh area, that will work with aftermarket wheels? i have taken it to two places so far and no one will touch it. they said that the second that they put it on the machine it will rub and scratch the lips. any help would be greatly appreciated! when i had my mercedes done last they had a machine that used the holes in between the lugnuts to do the alignment. anyone know if lexus dealerships use this same type of equipment? i am still awaiting a call back from them. thanks !!
Old 11-07-05, 08:03 AM
bigdaddyrobb
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GREED777
does any one know of a good alignment shop in the pittsburgh area, that will work with aftermarket wheels? i have taken it to two places so far and no one will touch it. they said that the second that they put it on the machine it will rub and scratch the lips. any help would be greatly appreciated! when i had my mercedes done last they had a machine that used the holes in between the lugnuts to do the alignment. anyone know if lexus dealerships use this same type of equipment? i am still awaiting a call back from them. thanks !!

Only place that I have found is tredeau automotive on babcock. I have tried a bunch around and most dont know ****. Trudeau ( not sure of spelling) will align and test drive a few times to see how it rides/fine tune. Good guys. I would give them a shot, otherwise "a guy in the strip" can do it but will charge like $120 to do it. Let me know how it works out.
Old 11-07-05, 03:20 PM
GREED777
Lexus Test Driver

Default Where Are You Located?

i appreciate the help, i will definetly check them out. where are you located? lexus of north hills said that they would probably end up scratching the wheels if they align it. i've talked to a few others who seem to think that it can be done with minimal problems, but i will call the ones that you mention before having anything done.
Old 11-08-05, 10:51 AM
bigdaddyrobb
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im in the south hills, just moved back from boston for my girls job. No one around the area knows **** about cars. I know the service advisor at lexus north hills was amazed about my sc being a 5 speed and did not know that they made them. The service guys up there are very good. I had a few conversations about things with one of the master techs there and parts guy is cool. Caron or swell mail order is still better on parts though. We should get together sometime as there are few boardmembers around here.
Old 11-09-05, 03:03 PM
GREED777
Lexus Test Driver

i didn't realize that we had many members in the area. we should definetly get together sometime. i passed a black gs in shadyside completly rebadged as an aristo and a blue gs in squirrel hill that was modded, but i never found out who they were or if they were members. it's nice to talk to someone in western pa who actually knows what their talking about. as you know they are far and few between around here.