Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Amsoil oil Meet

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-05, 09:27 AM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we could also tighten out steering while car is up.
Any word on pricing.??
Old 11-12-05, 06:20 AM
PR FIEBRU
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

whats up papa. listen check this link they do sell a tranny filter for the gs4 . http://www2.lexpartsonline.com/parts...ilter&dp=false
Old 11-12-05, 08:55 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PR FIEBRU
whats up papa. listen check this link they do sell a tranny filter for the gs4 . http://www2.lexpartsonline.com/parts...ilter&dp=false
Our trannys have a screen not a filter per se. On Lexus's (toyota's) you do not replace them , you just inspect and clean as necesssary once you get into high mileage. Thats the screen I believe in the link you gave me. Not sure never looked at one.

here are some discussions pertaining to it that i found during a search:

"...The "filter" is a non-serviceable micro mesh screen. (no need to clean or replace). "
"...The 'tranny filter' is actually a mesh type screen & you normally do not replace it, you just clean it when you replace the gasket as it's re-usable. "-lexusfreaK
"..You're dealing with an Asian car so things are different. There is no disposable paper transmission filter on a Toyota like there is on a Buick or Ford. On a Toyota you never replace the transmiission filter. You just inspect it roughly every 150,000 miles for signs of clogging and if the filter contains debris you remove the filter screen, wash it in solvent and reinstall. However, the screen rarely becomes restricted. So if your 2000 model has under 150K miles it would be a waste of time to remove the transmission oil pan to inspect the screen (except maybe if fluid changes has never ever been performed and the fluid turned black from burning). "-elwood
Old 11-13-05, 06:39 PM
tone
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
We can probably meet up like 11 in the morning to get it done. So who else is down? Tone i know you car need a lot of stuff done, especially a fuel injection cleaning to determine where that vaccum leak is, as well as your tranny issues.

im in the process of ordering coilovers, tinting windows darker, and replacing a few oem parts....depending on how much it runs for...how much do u think itll knock out of my pockets?
Old 11-14-05, 06:53 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Ok guys he will post up the group rate for us locals in an hour. I figure the tranny flush with amsoil will be over 250 bucks considering it is not a cheap oil and it will last over 100,000 miles (tranny fluid that is) .
Old 11-14-05, 06:59 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 422 Likes on 295 Posts

I think I am only going to have the oil changed, but I'm still interested in knowing the rate! With gas getting cheaper, it might be worth it for me to come out there instead of having it done locally.
Old 11-14-05, 07:17 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by NYLexSC
I think I am only going to have the oil changed, but I'm still interested in knowing the rate! With gas getting cheaper, it might be worth it for me to come out there instead of having it done locally.
The Amsoil engine oil is incredible. You will notice more pick up and it stays cleaner than mobil one. You should have the engine flushed out too
Old 11-14-05, 08:05 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

The Amsoil engine oil is incredible. You will notice more pick up and it stays cleaner than mobil one. You should have the engine flushed out too
I don't think I need to have the tranny fluid flushed for no reason, its only been 25k since I had that done. But we'll see on Saturday what I am gonna do once I get to the shop, unless your guy needs advance notice
Old 11-14-05, 08:31 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

I don't think I need to have the tranny fluid flushed for no reason, its only been 25k since I had that done. But we'll see on Saturday what I am gonna do once I get to the shop, unless your guy needs advance notice
For the tranny fluid yes. He has enogh tranny fluid for 4 cars for now. Remember our cars take 15 qts. The engine oil he has. I know Rising Sun, Sputnick, is getting the tranny done for sure.
Old 11-14-05, 08:50 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 340 Likes on 292 Posts

For the tranny fluid yes. He has enogh tranny fluid for 4 cars for now. Remember our cars take 15 qts. The engine oil he has. I know Rising Sun, Sputnick, is getting the tranny done for sure.
are you sure 15qts.? i flushed my fluid and it took like 10
Old 11-14-05, 08:59 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sha4000
are you sure 15qts.? i flushed my fluid and it took like 10
You have a LS400. This applies for the GS400
Old 11-14-05, 09:17 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Just to be clear, I will NOT have the tranny flushed, but I will have my engine oil changed. Does he have oil filters and all that stuff, I would assume so?
Old 11-14-05, 09:24 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Just to be clear, I will NOT have the tranny flushed, but I will have my engine oil changed. Does he have oil filters and all that stuff, I would assume so?
Yes he does. that is where i go to get my oil changes done. No oil leaks, don't worry
Old 11-14-05, 09:40 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Yes he does. that is where i go to get my oil changes done. No oil leaks, don't worry
Sounds good man ! Get back to us with some price quotes
Old 11-14-05, 10:17 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Wink

Ok guys here is the official price breakdown:

Transmission flush with the Bilstein machine and Amsoil.......$350 bucks we save $25 bucks.
Engine Flush with Bilstein machine and Amsoil.........................$ 130 bucks under 5.5 quarts less
bucks.. We save $20 bucks
Oil change with Amsoil including new filter...................................$ 55 bucks we save $25 bucks
Amsoil Differential oil change...........................................................$75 bucks....
PowerSteering flush with machine.................................................. $55 bucks we save $25 bucks
Proffessional Fuel injection cleaning................................................$59.99 we save $20 bucks

These are cash prices only. He is will to work with you. for example he could do the oil change for 50 bucks with amsoil if thats all you got. Mind you getting all this stuff done with dyno oil at the dealer will be much more expensive. i will post up an updated roll call list of guys showing up. *** These prices may be less for sc300, gs300's***** Less Amsoil reqired.

Quick Reply: Amsoil oil Meet