Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Amsoil oil Meet

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-05, 01:13 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Here is the address guys

Avis Lube Fast Oil Change Center
1260 Hempstead Tpke
Elmont, NY 11003-1123
(516) 775-9300
Jasbir The prices will be even lower when we go.
Old 11-18-05, 01:25 PM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Ok the guy just called me He said 295 bucks with Amsoil for the tranny flush for us that is a huge discount from 350 bucks

Engine Flush will be 130 bucks with Amsoil

Engine and tranny combined would be 400 flat.

This guy will even knock off another 20 to 30 bucks even more if we show up.
We can't get these prices with Amsoil anywhere else in NY.
pricing is ok.....We'll all know the lowered prices tomorrow. If its really good, he will be my future oil changer.
Old 11-18-05, 01:34 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sputniknyc
pricing is ok.....We'll all know the lowered prices tomorrow. If its really good, he will be my future oil changer.
I bought my car when it was only 2 years old and it was still under warranty from the dealer. I used to have that stuff done by the dealer, and I realized that they only carried Toyota dyno oil, i decided to go to this place for the oil changes since i used them when i had my other cars. Amsoil is the best oil on the market. If you take pride in your Lexus, you go for the best and don't settle for less.
Old 11-18-05, 01:53 PM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
I bought my car when it was only 2 years old and it was still under warranty from the dealer. I used to have that stuff done by the dealer, and I realized that they only carried Toyota dyno oil, i decided to go to this place for the oil changes since i used them when i had my other cars. Amsoil is the best oil on the market. If you take pride in your Lexus, you go for the best and don't settle for less.
I dont take pride in my lexus.
I wash the poor bastard every few months.
quick lube here i come. JK
I'll try it out. See what this amsoil is all about.
Old 11-18-05, 06:39 PM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys.... Sorry but I have to go to a Bday party...so count me out.... Hopefully we'll have another meet.
Old 11-19-05, 03:23 AM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

6am.....just got home...no way i will wake up in time...
sorry fellas..
my bad
Old 11-19-05, 01:22 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 422 Likes on 295 Posts

Alright, so since I was the only one of CL to get anything done today, I will strongly suggest that you guys have some of this stuff done. I had an oil change done, now using AMSOIL. I also had my fuel injectors cleaned, the right way. This was not done by just adding some Pep Boys injector cleaner into the tank. This was done properly, by adding Run-Rite directly into the fuel line straight through the injector, and running the engine at about 1500 rpms intermittently with idle for 35 minutes to clean thoroughly. I saw smoke billowing out of my exhaust and could tell the effect of the cleaning agent. On my drive home, my car has signigicantly smoother acceleration, smoother start up, and in it feels a little quicker through the upper range of RPMs. I also had them clean my throttle body, on second thought, I can do that myself next time since they didn't do anything that I couldn't have done (thankfully didn't charge much for it either).

Many thanks to Sean (DASHOCKER) for setting this up, and even though I didn't get the maximum benefit of group pricing (since 1 car isn't considered a group ) It was still cheaper to have this done here than anywhere else, and they did a great job.
Old 11-21-05, 06:24 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by NYLexSC
Alright, so since I was the only one of CL to get anything done today, I will strongly suggest that you guys have some of this stuff done. I had an oil change done, now using AMSOIL. I also had my fuel injectors cleaned, the right way. This was not done by just adding some Pep Boys injector cleaner into the tank. This was done properly, by adding Run-Rite directly into the fuel line straight through the injector, and running the engine at about 1500 rpms intermittently with idle for 35 minutes to clean thoroughly. I saw smoke billowing out of my exhaust and could tell the effect of the cleaning agent. On my drive home, my car has signigicantly smoother acceleration, smoother start up, and in it feels a little quicker through the upper range of RPMs. I also had them clean my throttle body, on second thought, I can do that myself next time since they didn't do anything that I couldn't have done (thankfully didn't charge much for it either).

Many thanks to Sean (DASHOCKER) for setting this up, and even though I didn't get the maximum benefit of group pricing (since 1 car isn't considered a group ) It was still cheaper to have this done here than anywhere else, and they did a great job.
Thanks Raj for showing up. I thought i would be out there by myself singing Kumbia. I was disappointed in the turnout but hey, I am glad you have the liquid gold in your motor now, and the car is performing much better.
Old 11-22-05, 08:33 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Ok one more chance for you guys that want to redeem themselves. I can plan another meet some time in the middle of December preferably a weekend. Any one interested?
Old 11-23-05, 04:11 AM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Set a date....
Old 11-23-05, 09:10 AM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

damn as much as i would love to go
but next year ..

im done for the year... cant even go to dec. 4th
see you guys next next next meet!
Old 11-25-05, 10:50 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

I want guys that are commited to going. No procrastinators please. I look like a fool promising a group when I only bring one person. I propose saturday december 10 or sunday december 11 you guys let me know what is good
Old 11-25-05, 01:03 PM
Avis
Driver School Candidate

Default That's my store

Hey everyone, I just stumbled upon this posting and you're talking about my store, I would like anyone interested to call me, my personal number is 516-906-7598. The names Jasper, I have what you need, just ask. Thank YOU
Old 11-25-05, 01:40 PM
Avis
Driver School Candidate

Hey, forgot to mention that we do oil changes, power engine flushes, tranny flushes, differentials, transfer case, power steering, brake fluid flush, all with synthetic. We have 4 bays, not 2, please call me for more info, Jasper, sorry, posted wrong number before, its 516-906-7578.
Old 11-28-05, 05:25 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Talking

The meet will be set for 12/10/05 at 11:30. This will be a early Christmas gift for your GS. Liquid Gold. Chime in if you are down.

Quick Reply: Amsoil oil Meet