Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Amsoil oil Meet

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-05, 06:37 AM
GSXLEX
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I may actually try to make this one...Ill let ya know.
Old 11-28-05, 01:43 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GSXLEX
I may actually try to make this one...Ill let ya know.
Sounds good. At least you care about your baby and your willing to come up here from Jersey. A sign that your car is not running clean is tail pipe inspection. If you do the finger test and get carbon on your finger, that is a sign of a car that has carbon build up within the engine. If you check my tail pipe, it is as clean as a mirror inside. I maintain my car by getting it done right.
Old 11-30-05, 08:26 PM
GSXLEX
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Sounds good. At least you care about your baby and your willing to come up here from Jersey. A sign that your car is not running clean is tail pipe inspection. If you do the finger test and get carbon on your finger, that is a sign of a car that has carbon build up within the engine. If you check my tail pipe, it is as clean as a mirror inside. I maintain my car by getting it done right.
PM me the addy so I can hit the Nav..Thanx!
Old 11-30-05, 10:07 PM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Better solution.
Buy a new exhaust
Old 12-01-05, 11:50 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sputniknyc
Better solution.
Buy a new exhaust
lol.. The guys have little interest in this meet. Well Pepboys is a drive away.
Old 12-03-05, 12:23 AM
LexGS
Rookie

Default BAM - Amsoil Me Please

I have been reading all the postings on this topic and I have to say it was very enjoyable to read, thank you. New to the CL scene but I have been learning a lot so thanks for that as well.

Sean you can count me in, I will decide on which packages I will choose by this weekend.

Questions...
If you have an Amsoil Engine Oil change now, could you go back to using Mobil One or do you have to continue to use Amsoil?
I normally change my oil every 2K mile reguardless, how does that change now with Amsoil, how many miles can I run with it before changing?
Does Amsoil require a different or better oil filter, which one does he use if you know?
Does it make sense to convert all of your Lexus's oils over to Amsoil?

GSOUP

Thanks ahead of time for helping and supporting a local vendor and us

LexGS
Old 12-03-05, 02:58 AM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexgs
I have been reading all the postings on this topic and I have to say it was very enjoyable to read, thank you. New to the CL scene but I have been learning a lot so thanks for that as well.

Sean you can count me in, I will decide on which packages I will choose by this weekend.

Questions...
If you have an Amsoil Engine Oil change now, could you go back to using Mobil One or do you have to continue to use Amsoil?
I normally change my oil every 2K mile reguardless, how does that change now with Amsoil, how many miles can I run with it before changing?
Does Amsoil require a different or better oil filter, which one does he use if you know?

GSOUP

LexGS

credit goes to dashaocker, NOT GSOUP!!!
NO SOUP FOR YOU!! N E X T !!!!
Old 12-03-05, 07:04 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

hey sput the reason he said GSOUP is because he lives near me so he was just shout'n me out...

no need for all dat he neva said anything about me doing the meet or anything related to it... ease up
Old 12-05-05, 05:38 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Questions...

GSOUP

LexGS
Welcome to Clublexus. Yes I am the one organizing this meet with the local vendor. As for your questions regarding Amsoil and its compatibility are concerned I will answer them. You can switch back to Mobil 1 if you choose to do so. It will not cause any harm to your engine at all. Amsoil stays cleaner than Mobil 1 hands down. Amsoil engine oil can go 7500 miles between changes. I usually change mine out every 6500 miles and it is still clean and go more miles. I just do it early because i want to. The oil filter that the vendor uses is of good quality. I forgot the name of the filter, but it is not a cheap looking filter. It does have the anti-drainback valve like our stock filter. No special filter is needed for Amsoil. To address your question about whether or not to switch all lexus fluids to Amsoil, I would. Synthetic oils run cooler and last longer than conventional oil. Amsoil is top notch and their tranny fluid is the only synthetic that can substitute the Toyota Type 4 tranny fluid.

Last edited by DASHOCKER; 12-05-05 at 05:45 AM.
Old 12-05-05, 12:51 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Ok this meet is on for Saturday the 10th. at 11:30 am. Who is down for sure? There is enough space for a lot of cars as the autozone parking lot is adjacent to the shop's parking lot.
Old 12-05-05, 06:50 PM
LexGS
Rookie

Default Mr. sputniknyc

Sputniknyc, I think you seem to think you're a funny guy...ok

GSOUP does live right near me and is a very cool guy. Thanx for the support.

Glad to be a part of this very stout group. Got tons to learn from you guys.

DASHOCKER, thanks for the answers to the questions, all makes sense.

DASHOCKER, Could you let me know if he has a total Amsoil Deal for me?
Tranny Full Flush, Rear Diff, Engine Full Flush, Power Steering and Brake Lines.
I got the GS300 which should be a bit less in quarts.

I am hoping that more people come out so that the price really gets me happier.

I am in for sure.

Thanx

LexGS
Old 12-06-05, 06:44 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Sputniknyc, I think you seem to think you're a funny guy...ok

GSOUP does live right near me and is a very cool guy. Thanx for the support.

Glad to be a part of this very stout group. Got tons to learn from you guys.

DASHOCKER, thanks for the answers to the questions, all makes sense.

DASHOCKER, Could you let me know if he has a total Amsoil Deal for me?
Tranny Full Flush, Rear Diff, Engine Full Flush, Power Steering and Brake Lines.
I got the GS300 which should be a bit less in quarts.

I am hoping that more people come out so that the price really gets me happier.

I am in for sure.

Thanx

LexGS
The prices are posted on the previous pages. Yes if there are more people, it would be less. He will work with you money wise. Guys, i strongly recommend a fuel injection cleaning. It is under 60 bucks, and your car will feel alot quicker and will run cleaner. Just ask NYCLexsc
Old 12-06-05, 06:46 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 422 Likes on 295 Posts

The prices are posted on the previous pages. Yes if there are more people, it would be less. He will work with you money wise. Guys, i strongly recommend a fuel injection cleaning. It is under 60 bucks, and your car will feel alot quicker and will run cleaner. Just ask NYCLexsc
It does indeed run cleaner, and feels a little more peppy.

Maybe I should head back to the place and do something about this mysterious oil leak I have. Moved my car out of the garage yesterday and noticed about 5 or 6 splotches of oil on the floor....I'd get under it and take a look, but it's freakin cold.
Old 12-06-05, 07:20 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by NYLexSC
It does indeed run cleaner, and feels a little more peppy.

Maybe I should head back to the place and do something about this mysterious oil leak I have. Moved my car out of the garage yesterday and noticed about 5 or 6 splotches of oil on the floor....I'd get under it and take a look, but it's freakin cold.
Could be the pan gasket. Did you have the pan dropped in the past? Well it could be a plethora of things. Come Saturday.
Old 12-06-05, 01:43 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

we all brothers here bro! i kno we have our diffrences but ........... LETS SQUASH DAT!

YOU KNO WHAT I MEAN

boyz are boyz..................... WE ALL FAMILY OUT HERE

Quick Reply: Amsoil oil Meet