Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

interesting E-Z PASS info

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-05, 11:31 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to give an update: I ordered my EZ Pass from Maryland on Wednesday late afternoon, and I got it yesterday - very fast turnaround! I was worried I wouldn't get it in time for Thanksgiving, since it had to be mailed pretty far. Hopefully everything will work fine on my drive up to NH, but I'll post again with my experience...

Also, I called the EZ Pass hotline, and they told me that when you mount the pass on your windshield, you do it with the arrows facing down. That seems counterintuitive to me. Is that right?
Old 11-28-05, 01:43 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

I used my Maryland EZ Pass this weekend in NY, MA, NH, with no problems.

Also I was misinformed by the EZ Pass operator in the above post - you actually mount it with the arrows and sticker facing so they are right side up (arrows pointing up). But my guess is that it would work either way.
Old 11-29-05, 12:44 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

I just noticed that $1 charge on my last statement. I thought they were charging me that for having 2 tags.
Old 12-01-05, 02:17 PM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I am curious if you would get the same disscount as when you have the Staten Island EZ Pass. Do all the EZ-Passes have the same disscounts for briges and highways?
Old 12-07-05, 09:05 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by slickgt1
I am curious if you would get the same disscount as when you have the Staten Island EZ Pass. Do all the EZ-Passes have the same disscounts for briges and highways?
The only difference is that NY has certain programs you can sign up for to get extra savings on certain combinations of bridges and tunnels. If the Staten Island one is one of these "packages", then you can't get it from MD EZ Pass. But, if you are just talking about the normal savings that you get by using EZ Pass vs. using cash, then yes, you would get the same savings.
Old 12-23-05, 09:38 AM
sirtiger
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the NY one where they charge the $1 a month

They charge by the account not per pass. I have 5 passes now. 3 for each of my car. And one for my sis and one for my parents. This can help save a few bucks if you don't mind collecting from family members.
Old 12-23-05, 04:51 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sent my 3 NY EZ Passes back and received 3 Maryland EZ Passes. Simple enough. Even though its only a dollar a month charge in NY, its the principle of the matter. I sometimes will go for 3-4 months without needing the EZ Pass, but NY will still charge a dollar a month, even when no activity is used. They went for years with no fee. Now they figure they can just tack a fee on and no one will say anything. Well I thought different.
Old 01-03-06, 10:07 PM
LextacyGS4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by diablo1
I used my Maryland EZ Pass this weekend in NY, MA, NH, with no problems.

Also I was misinformed by the EZ Pass operator in the above post - you actually mount it with the arrows and sticker facing so they are right side up (arrows pointing up). But my guess is that it would work either way.
i refuse to put those velcro stickies on my windshield on any of my cars as the windshield is tinted so I keep my ez pass in the glove compartment. When its time to go through the toll, i just chuck it on the dash, in any which position it lands and go through and it always works, reads just fine in any position. Sometimes when someone uses my car, they dont realize its not on the window and go through, at that point the check your plate and if it corresponds with an ez pass on file the just charge it to that account so technically, if there is no gate blocking your way and your plate is registered, you dont even need the thing.
Old 02-11-06, 05:17 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just wanted to say thanks again for this info ...ordering now
Old 02-12-06, 07:51 AM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by diablo1
The only difference is that NY has certain programs you can sign up for to get extra savings on certain combinations of bridges and tunnels. If the Staten Island one is one of these "packages", then you can't get it from MD EZ Pass. But, if you are just talking about the normal savings that you get by using EZ Pass vs. using cash, then yes, you would get the same savings.

I'm curious if I do get the MD ezpass, will I still be able to get the $1 carpool ezpass discount at the Holland?
Old 02-19-06, 10:45 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

interesting.. how do you order e-z pass from another state? and also how would you find out what kind of plan that state offers?