Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

NYPD warning guys, becareful

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-05, 05:51 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Default NYPD warning guys, becareful

if you guys have time, read this thru, racism in NYC

hey guys tonight i had a horrible encount with the NYPD. i mite be makin a big deal outta nothing, but here it goes. i was done eating dinner, and was rollin with my friend in jamaica queens in my rents GS430, my cars still got some suspension things to be done. so i pull a right turn, and as i go right, i see a 2 cops in a van on the the perpendicular street i was turning into on the corner, stare me down while i drove by. a couple of stop signs down the road, that same cop van pulls me over. i thought to myself he couldnt possibly be pulling me over, probly a mistake. anyways one cop comes to window and asks, do u kno why im pullin u over? i said no. he said you were on your cell phone. i denied. he then proceeded to harass me over and over again about how i was lying to me. he claims to have seen me with it on my left ear. meanwhile a second cop from the van comes to my passenger window to talk to my friend. he also asks him whether i was on the phone or not. he managed to have a cell in his hand, but it was his, and not in use. in the meantime he asks for my registration and insurance papers. i search thru the car, cause i dont know where my parents put it. i told him its my rents car and i honestly dont know. also another cop car came with another two guys in teh car, staring us down for no reason, like we jus murdered someone. he asked me if i had a clean license or not. i said i did. he ran it and said i was a lier, cause i had a speeding ticket three years ago, which i really forgot about, so i told him. he said he would summon me a ticket for no registration, but i can appeal if i send one in. then the second cop comes to my side to talk to me again, while his main partner was writing me up. he then goes u made a turn onto holly (the street name) and i said yes i did. then he goes wait a minute ill be back (thought he would get my summons). he goes to his partner comes back and says, we got the wrong car, we saw another black car with black tints turn left onto holly, as i said i turned right. it was all bullsh1t and i knew it cause i was the only car on the street besides the cop that turned in (other cars were heading the other way towards us). his older partner im sure told the rookie wut to say. he said ill let u go with nothing. facts about the incident, my friend and i are from south asian decent (brown), and all the cops there were white. racism is still a major concern in new york, i just want you guys to becareful, and keep your cool wen stupid crap goes down, cause it can really heat a person up these guys had nothing better to do than to harass young kids in an expensive car of minority decent. the other cop car at the scene was there for pure enjoyment, to watch us in fear or crack.
Old 11-22-05, 08:12 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

now is when you realize there is racism everywhere.... thats nothing new,,,

I grew up in harlem and I'm fair skin latino... growing up there, a week didn't go by that i wasn't up against the wall being frisked and the same story. They would always state the same thing. One, why was i in the neighborhood...and two that they were looking for someone with a gun by my description . Never failed..

i can tell you stories for days regarding this topic...
Old 11-22-05, 08:16 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont worry about it. It happens everywhere. I got pulled over one time with my gf in the car. I was driving her black civic hatchback. The cop pulled me over and claimed that i didnt make a full stop at the red light when i turned. He took my license and said that i didnt make a complete stop while making a right on Sherman Way. I then said, sorry sir but i made a right on Saticoy. He was like oh yea.. yea.. saticoy.

He walked back to his car for a few min, then walked back to me with my license and registration. All he said after that was drive safe. He didnt give me a ticket.

Who wouldnt want to pull over a Dropped Black Civic Hatchback?
Old 11-22-05, 08:38 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default don't worry bout it

least he did not shoot you.
Old 11-22-05, 08:39 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 163 Likes on 139 Posts

I used to get pulled over in Mexico City a lot...being the gringo in the Lexus (rare down here). However, when the cops see that I can speak Spanish...they let me go. I have had the cell phone deal hassle garbage...and I even let the cops search for the cell phone. My cell phone was at home getting charged.

Some people are just jealous.
Old 11-22-05, 11:00 PM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

everyday life in NYC.
Old 11-23-05, 07:14 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 337 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by sputniknyc
everyday life in NYC.
sure enough just cops with nothing to do hoping to luck up and catch someone doing something b/c they are to lazy to do their own work
Old 11-23-05, 08:25 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get used to it.... I've been thrown on the ground at gunpoint and kicked like a dog and I HAD ALL the proper paperwork, no warrants etc. ITs life bro...
Old 11-23-05, 08:59 AM
cal_alum98
Lead Lap

I can't speak for the NYPD, but having been on a ride-a-long with a local PD here in the SF Bay Area, I know that often times the officer will look for a minor infraction and pull over a car in the hopes that it will turn into something bigger. So yes, it is basically a fishing expedition.
Old 11-23-05, 09:18 AM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

hmmm dunno if it was racisim... but if ur in queens 109 to 111th district u will get pulled over for just having a car... ... and its part of driving thru queens....

just a reminder...... 109th and 110th district has T AND T dayz for mufflers... for those not knowing T N T.. thats tuesday and thursday pigs huntin down cars with load mufflers! u can be parked and u will still get a ticket....... for all those that kno me ... i am not in the area on those days
Old 11-23-05, 11:29 AM
EvgeshaIS300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sputniknyc
everyday life in NYC.
yep thats it, and not really rasizm.
me = white russian, where= bensonhurst( italian russian neiborhood in BK)
time = 12:30 am

i'm walkin home after spending 30 min looking for parking, parked few blocks from my house, undercover cruser rols for good half a blocka bit behind me, them puls up next to me with flashes going, 2 copsget out and proside to check my papers, saying i fit description of someone who robed grosery not far from there. nothing happened, but i was nervuse since it happened about month after Alu Dudialo case(guy shot 30 times by cops or something like that)
Old 11-23-05, 08:02 PM
tone
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

heh well listen to this.... I'm driving down the street in Queens nyc.... with my cellphone on my center console, i make a lane change and the cell phone drops into my drivers seat gap....(I HATE THAT @$%)@%)..knowing my luck i stop at a light and the phone begins to ring so i start hoppin around in the seat checking the gaps trying to find out where the phone dropped.....the light turns green so i keep going, i drive down the street and end up pulling over to hop out of the car to be able to get the phone..... i stop the car and when i hop out i got a silver impala behind me with the lights flashing and 4 detectives pointing their guns at me.....um...yeah... i go...wtf?.. they go... "dont move.. you were all over the road back there and your tints are extra dark (THEY'RE STOCK) do you have any objection to us checking the vehicle" i say... no...go ahead, and i wasn't all over the road i know what im doing.... they go "we arent arguing about it.". They start checking... turns out my girlfriend left her purse on my front seat... they grab it and ask me "where'd you get this purse"................... wtf do you mean where'd i get it, its my girls...BIATCH! (ok ok i didnt say the biatch part...but anyway...lol) i start talkin to the other detective and i ask him why they pulled me over... and he goes "really?...because we saw you hopping around in the drivers seat at the light doing what looked like you were conceiling something" ...another detective goes... "How'd you get this car"... now that **** ticked me off...what kinda question is that?! being a brown skinned spanish guy being interviewed by 4 white detectives... that really didn't surprise me...(no offense intended at all) they ended up telling me to have a good night and left... now ...without them seeing me do anything what made them pull me over with guns drawn, search my car... ask me what a purse was doing there and try to figure out how i got the car?.. BEATS me, wasn't the first time anyway...reminds me of the time i was riding a bike home from a friends house as a kid and i got stopped by the police.... "hey kid... what do you have in the bookbag?" ...what did they think?... bombs?.. grenades?.. no. What made them stop in the first place and trigger me for simply wearing a bookbag?...who knows. Sucks... but if you ask me id categorize it as racism.

THE END lol.

Last edited by tone; 11-23-05 at 09:47 PM.
Old 11-24-05, 07:30 AM
PR FIEBRU
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It’s New York City and that is reality here. Yeah there are a lot of inexperienced cops out there looking for some activity. Don’t take it personal it has happened to all of us young minorities and people who ride on cars that bring attention. I don’t agree with treating the community in a disrespectful manner but I would also like to add that there are a lot of people out there doing the wrong thing. What do you think happens to your car when it gets stolen? ummm they end up on hands of people who cant afford them. I don’t know but as long as you are doing nothing wrong and all your papers are up to date don’t take it personal and just go with the flow. From experience becoming hostile or giving a cop an attitude does not get you anywhere.
Old 11-24-05, 08:01 AM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Sh#t reminds me of the movie "CRASH".

I've been pulled over a few times for no reason as well and I'm in the South. I'm always curteous but sometimes you just can't help giving it right back to em.
Old 11-24-05, 11:42 AM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 400DGRZ
Sh#t reminds me of the movie "CRASH".

I've been pulled over a few times for no reason as well and I'm in the South. I'm always curteous but sometimes you just can't help giving it right back to em.

i was thinking crash exactly!

Quick Reply: NYPD warning guys, becareful