Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Best way to fight a speeding ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-05, 12:11 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
PM him the lawyers number. I hate to see my Lexus brothers go down like that.

No doubt!!
Old 11-29-05, 02:52 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

dooooode its 1 speeding ticket........ and by the sounds of it its his first one and usually the first one u can drop it down with the D.A y would u bring an attorney to court doesnt make sense..... i got an unsafe start , unsafe lane change speed not pruedent and failer to signal... and just went to court with no attorney cuz i just plea bargin....... you kno how many points that was on my license if found guilty........ i dont even have enuff toes and fingers to tell ya

JUST GO TO COURT without an attorney
Old 11-30-05, 01:57 PM
IS300ED
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If its Suffolk TVB, there is NO PLEA BARGAINING allowed. It's guilty or not guilty, thats it, and everything goes to trial. You'll need a lawyer if that is the case--it is usually an utter disaster when a civilian goes against a cop in TVB.

If it's a local court, they MAY do plea bargaining. You do get better pleas if you have an attorney though, from what I've experienced, but it's not required. Also, if its a local court, ask for a supporting deposition. They have to produce it in 30 days or the ticket can be dismissed. This does not apply for TVB, though.
Old 12-01-05, 08:23 AM
angelslex
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mkorsu
$300 lawyers fee is bad news?? Man!
$300 is nothing compare to the points she was going to get on that license and then the Insurance.
Old 12-01-05, 08:37 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 354 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by IS300ED
If its Suffolk TVB, there is NO PLEA BARGAINING allowed. It's guilty or not guilty, thats it, and everything goes to trial. You'll need a lawyer if that is the case--it is usually an utter disaster when a civilian goes against a cop in TVB.

If it's a local court, they MAY do plea bargaining. You do get better pleas if you have an attorney though, from what I've experienced, but it's not required. Also, if its a local court, ask for a supporting deposition. They have to produce it in 30 days or the ticket can be dismissed. This does not apply for TVB, though.
I've got a hot date with Suffolk Traffic Violations Bureau in Hauppauge on February 6th (assuming they don't change the date without telling me) to fight a "Speed not reasonable and prudent" ticket, and you just crushed any hope I had of not getting this ticket on my record .

I'm still gonna pray though, it is my first ticket, maybe the Judge will have gotten laid the night before, or maybe his favorite team will win the Super Bowl the night before so he'll be feeling good, one can only hope
Old 12-01-05, 08:53 AM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

it looks certa dark I tell ya.
I can use a good contact for a dmv lawyer that wont charge an arm an a leg right about now.

what can I possible say to the judge?
the cop clocked the wrong vehicle, since I was next to a trailer and another saden that was speeding in front of me?

I spoke to someone from DMV who reminded me about my wrongfully given red light ticked that was issue a year ago, which is already 3 points on my license. they also slap me in the face with the fact that if iI am found guilty with this current speeding ticket and the speed I was accused of going itt would add something like an additional 9 points on my record (dont know how true that is)
Old 12-01-05, 09:08 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by angelslex
$300 is nothing compare to the points she was going to get on that license and then the Insurance.

That's what I was saying. How is $300 bad news in comparison to the $$ of fines averted.
Old 12-01-05, 10:00 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Definitely hire a lawyer.. you'll need one.
Old 12-01-05, 11:38 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Talking

We are so informative, he should be payin us lol..