Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Insulted at Lexus of Watertown

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-05, 06:21 AM
Lem144
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Insulted at Lexus of Watertown

I want to just write of my experience at Lexus of Watertown in Mass. They applied immense pressure, lied to me, and tried to get me to buy a car that I did not want. Then they went back on teh promise of a prior manager concerning a courtesy ride home. When I brought this up to the manager he threatened to call the police. I was completely insulted by this and wrote Lexus to complain. They don't deserve business. Shop elsewhere.

Thanks for listening.
Old 12-15-05, 06:33 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm sorry to hear of the bad experience you had at Watertown. Unfortunately I've heard a lot of horror stories at that particular dealership, and I've never heard of anyone walking out of there as a happy customer

Now that you're most likely at the boiling point of the matter, consider taking legal measures to take care (i.e. seek an attorney, etc.)
Old 12-15-05, 09:00 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe I didn't understand his full post but seek an attorney to do what? I'm sure that he and the manager didn't sign a verbal contract to give him a ride home if he didn't buy the car. And the fact that it's a prior manager hints that the manager no longer worked there.

It sounds like Lem144 did his research and knew the deal he wanted to get and the dealership didn't want to work with him. He's already doing what's going to hurt them the most; letting the rest of the Lexus aficionados (my big word of the morning) know to avoid that place. I think that will hurt them more than anything else. Or you can call your local paper but not sure if there is any action you can take specifically to help your own cause since dealerships are independent operators.
Old 12-15-05, 07:47 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lem,
That is why I only do business at Lexus of Norwood. Service is outstanding.

The manager you had a problem with at Watertown, was his initials TH?

steviej
Old 01-25-08, 05:26 AM
triplecore
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by steviej
Lem,
That is why I only do business at Lexus of Norwood. Service is outstanding.

The manager you had a problem with at Watertown, was his initials TH?

steviej
me to Watertown is 15 minutes from where I live, but you leave unhappy and angry. At Herb Chambers Lexus formerly Lexus of Norwood (same dealer) you leave happy and felt money well spent. Thats why I drive the 45 min trip out there. Watertown does a disservice to the Lexus dealer brand. I would even put Mercedes Dealers above Watertown, but not close the Herb Chambers Lexus. The dealer is huge, but they treat you like your the only one there.
Old 01-26-08, 09:45 AM
Joe C
Lexus Test Driver

The Lexus of watertown can't compare to Lexus of Norwood/Herb Chambers. It's a beautiful facility with awesome people. Even if you are closer to Watertown I'd suggest taking the ride out this way to Herb Chambers. Much better service.
Old 01-27-08, 07:10 PM
dAiLL3sT
Lexus Test Driver

Me too... my parents have bought 2 previous lexus's there and when i went to try and do business there omg they had no manners. it seemed like they didnt even want the business thats how rude they were. and then i called up one of my friends who work at norwood and god did they get me a deal on my is 350
Old 02-14-08, 06:06 AM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah props to Lex of norwood, that's where I got my GX. After my wife's 1st visit there she calls me to say she's never buying anything but a lexus because of their outstanding service.

I have no reason to go to Watertown as its out of my way.
Old 03-11-08, 03:51 PM
kyungsoo
Rookie

im buying from watertown actually.
i know they changed gm's so i hope i do not experience this horror
down the road.
Old 03-26-08, 10:32 AM
kingofire
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

My car is at Lexus of Watertown as I write this. I have never had a problem with them. I actually live about 15 minutes away from Lexus of Norwood but wont do business with them because their service department sucks. I wanted to bring my own synthetic oil and filter for a oil change and they wouldnt accept it. The Service advisor said and I quote "Do you bring your own chicken to the restaurant when you go out to eat". What the heck.

I buy the car from the dealer that gives me the BEST price. Lexus of Norwood cant and wont touch or match prices from Lexus of Watertown. When I bought my dad his ES350, I went to Lexus of Watertown with the price quote that Lexus of Norwood had given me and they instantly took $500 off that price. Norwood could not discount that price. If you want great service and pay more choose Lexus of Norwood. If you want good to average service but save $$$ choose Lexus of Watertown.
Old 03-26-08, 12:39 PM
redsc400
Pole Position

I have also have had terrible experiences at Lex of Watertown. Avoid them!
Old 04-18-08, 11:26 AM
1989Lexus
Lexus Test Driver

This is all too funny because I thought i was the only one with problmes at WATERTOWN. They backed my car up into something and dinged it and scratched it, and TRIED TO COVER IT UP WITH TOUCHUP paint. WTF They tried to get away with this, but i saw it soon enough for them to get to replace the bumper free of charge. I hate them. I was in there getting my 1k service, i specifically told them NOT to was the car and they did anyways. I will never be able to trust them fully.
Old 04-20-08, 12:15 AM
G430
Driver

i originally gotten my car @ herb chambers lexus of norwood whoa were they good people.. i work @ another HB branch back in the days "toyota auburn" but yeah i get my service and i notice no one mention lexus of northborough?? haha
Old 05-13-08, 07:54 PM
css
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus of Watertown should be selling used cars

I'm glad I found this forum - because I thought I was alone out there.

Walked into Lexus of Watertown figuring 'they're a Lexus dealer - they've got to be respectable.'

Wrong - the sales process with them (which - shame on me - I should not have let conclude) was just awful.

These clowns should be selling used cars - they give Lexus dealers a bad name. High pressure, lies & misrepresentations, you name it.

I love my RX400h, but really wish I had bought it elsewhere.

Yuck.
Old 05-14-08, 07:46 AM
1989Lexus
Lexus Test Driver

They def take advantage of older people and people who cant speak english well... i saw this first hand.

Quick Reply: Insulted at Lexus of Watertown