Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

speeding ticket in jersey ****!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-05, 04:34 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iasc300
well in iowa the laws must be alt different but i got clocked by a plane on the interstae doing 105 in a 65 and got a $195 ticket and had to go to drivers improvment classes for $75 and 8 hours of class time- one more ticket in a year FOR ANYTHING i might add- and my licence gets suspended for 3 months- bastards
Laws vary quite a bit from state to state.
Old 12-19-05, 05:09 PM
no2faber
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i work at a lawyer's office who handles speeding tickets. He's in South River. He can probably get you out of this. He's got a lot of cases in old bridge so he knows the prosecutor there well.
PM me for his number.
Old 12-19-05, 10:48 PM
gmac1337
Driver

Old Bridge is so near me. Cops are cracking down in Middlesex with speeding. Good luck with the ticket. Next time your in the area, dont speed in Milltown (l/2 sq mile of hell), the cops will pull you over for something as simple as 1mph over or tinted windows.
Old 12-20-05, 10:40 AM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GS4fun
Laws vary quite a bit from state to state.
This is the truth, most speeding tickets here will cost you $50-$65 in legal fees and you don't even have to show, the lawyer shows for you. (Isn't our legal system great?) Fines in FL are hefty, more than 30 over and you're in the $150 and higher range (I think? haven't had a ticket in a while). But good lawyers for traffic court are easy to find (big business in South FL), although some stand out.

The guy I use, the few times I've needed one, has even gotten a guy from our car club off on a drag racing ticket and this persons record was less than stellar. When I heard that, I decided that this was the guy I was going to use. A few years back, rec'd a 62/in a 45 and a 64/in a 30 within a week of each other, he got both tickets dismissed for $65 each.

In your case, even though the lawyers in NY are more expensive, I suggest following some of the advice given by people earlier. Use a proven lawyer and don't worry about his fee since it will probably save you in the long run. Best of luck!
Old 01-09-06, 05:03 PM
lx4life
Pole Position

so what ended up happening?
Old 01-09-06, 05:40 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

good question-
Old 01-10-06, 06:06 PM
KoSC300
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well in iowa the laws must be alt different but i got clocked by a plane on the interstae doing 105 in a 65 and got a $195 ticket and had to go to drivers improvment classes for $75 and 8 hours of class time- one more ticket in a year FOR ANYTHING i might add- and my licence gets suspended for 3 months- bastards

wait a sec.. you really got clocked by a plane? as in an airplane?... lol, wtf!?!?!
Old 01-10-06, 07:28 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Damn, I think they locked him up :/
Old 01-10-06, 07:53 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KoSC300
wait a sec.. you really got clocked by a plane? as in an airplane?... lol, wtf!?!?!
yes an airplane- i came up over a hill after having some fun with a mustang- i saw about 4 cops with their lights onwith cars pulled over about a mile - mile 1/2 down the road- i slowed way down and got over in slow lane- passed the cops got pulled over- told them i wasnt speeding and then they said i got clocked by the plane- i was gona fight it since you have you have proof, but they said the ticket would be more if i lost in court because they had to retreive the info from the plane? which i thought was confusing, but i guess thats how they make their money and so i guess people wont fight it- i new i was speeding anyway so i wasnt going to but it still sucked
Old 01-10-06, 08:54 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

no one else has been clocked by a plane? i know im not that good
Old 01-11-06, 06:59 AM
DChuka
Driver

no one else has been clocked by a plane? i know im not that good
I remember they tried that for a while in the NY/NJ area but after a few people fought it, judges decided that the officer who took the reading had to be the one to present the ticket and/or show the method used in determining that you were speeding. In other words they'd have to land the plane to come give it to you.

Every once in a while you'll still see old road signs warn you that aircraft monitoring speed are used in an area.
Old 01-11-06, 09:37 AM
YZFR1
Driver

Originally Posted by Cadd
Damn, I think they locked him up :/

Could be.... He probably told the Judge he was about to shat himself so he was speeding....... the judge prolly sent him up the way where he can go when he needs to and get 3 square meals a day!!! lol
Old 01-11-06, 01:09 PM
rottweiler
Pole Position

hey sorry i didnt post before, i postponed it till january 30. no i wasnt locked up lol
Old 01-11-06, 02:19 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

Hes Alive Aliveeeeee
Old 01-11-06, 02:37 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DChuka
I remember they tried that for a while in the NY/NJ area but after a few people fought it, judges decided that the officer who took the reading had to be the one to present the ticket and/or show the method used in determining that you were speeding. In other words they'd have to land the plane to come give it to you.

Every once in a while you'll still see old road signs warn you that aircraft monitoring speed are used in an area.
Yeah, the signs say something like "speed limit enforced by aircraft"

Every time I pass one I have these visions of heat seeking guided missles slamming into my car if I go 5 mph over the speed limit!

Quick Reply: speeding ticket in jersey ****!!!!!!!!!!