Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

speeding ticket in jersey ****!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-06, 06:19 AM
DChuka
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverLady
Yeah, the signs say something like "speed limit enforced by aircraft"

Every time I pass one I have these visions of heat seeking guided missles slamming into my car if I go 5 mph over the speed limit!
LOL! When I see one I just push the "Stealth Mode" button on my SC and....no problems!!
Old 01-12-06, 07:42 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Oh yeah they use choppers and spike strips to get you speeders
Old 01-12-06, 07:49 AM
DChuka
Driver

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Oh yeah they use choppers and spike strips to get you speeders
I knew these runflats would be good for something besides a noisy ride!
Old 01-16-06, 06:13 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well that whole poop idea actually WORKED for me when i was out on the highway doing 105 in a 55 n i on accident cut a unmarked state trooper off. Theres a whole long story that i just typed up but figured nobody would read so basicly, i told the cop i had to crap really bad and he eventually let me go .
Old 01-16-06, 08:19 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

lucky he didn't write you up for bad exhaust..
Originally Posted by 1loudLX
Well that whole poop idea actually WORKED for me when i was out on the highway doing 105 in a 55 n i on accident cut a unmarked state trooper off. Theres a whole long story that i just typed up but figured nobody would read so basicly, i told the cop i had to crap really bad and he eventually let me go .
Old 01-16-06, 08:48 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 391 Likes on 271 Posts

Hahaha, get this.

I went to Washington D.C. on Jan. 5th, and basically I took I-95 all the way from the Lincoln Tunnel through Jersey, straight into Washington. Saturday I got a letter in the mail from the New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT). Basically the letter included my EZPass tag holder #, and a friendly suggestion to SLOW DOWN. LOL I made it to D.C. in about 2.5 hours from NYC, probably because my speedometer never dipped below 90 on the entire turnpike, and several times topped the 100 mark. Anywho, they clocked my time at the first toll booth and put it against my time at the last toll booth, and even included these times in the letter itself. The letter told me to "drive carefully and slower on all New Jersey public highways and interstates." I'm surprised they catch things like this, or even take the time to contact me about it. Good thing they can't determine average speed from it and give me a citation, LOL.
Old 01-16-06, 09:04 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 337 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by DChuka
I remember they tried that for a while in the NY/NJ area but after a few people fought it, judges decided that the officer who took the reading had to be the one to present the ticket and/or show the method used in determining that you were speeding. In other words they'd have to land the plane to come give it to you.

Every once in a while you'll still see old road signs warn you that aircraft monitoring speed are used in an area.
i remember they used this method back i the 80's to pull cars over and search for drugs
Old 01-16-06, 10:51 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by NYLexSC
Hahaha, get this.

I went to Washington D.C. on Jan. 5th, and basically I took I-95 all the way from the Lincoln Tunnel through Jersey, straight into Washington. Saturday I got a letter in the mail from the New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT). Basically the letter included my EZPass tag holder #, and a friendly suggestion to SLOW DOWN. LOL I made it to D.C. in about 2.5 hours from NYC, probably because my speedometer never dipped below 90 on the entire turnpike, and several times topped the 100 mark. Anywho, they clocked my time at the first toll booth and put it against my time at the last toll booth, and even included these times in the letter itself. The letter told me to "drive carefully and slower on all New Jersey public highways and interstates." I'm surprised they catch things like this, or even take the time to contact me about it. Good thing they can't determine average speed from it and give me a citation, LOL.
That is why I pay cash at the tolls
Old 01-16-06, 10:28 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want one of those letters saying slow down! that would get framed and put on my wall.
Old 01-16-06, 10:45 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Holy **** your lawyers are CHEAP!!!!!

Here in arizona the lawyer I hired will cost me 500 dollars.... A MONTH!! Total fee is 2,000, I was only cited for going 30 mph over, but since there was a another slower vehicle (albeit very loud.) I also got cited for "exhibition of speed.) And I didnt have proof of insurance at the time... And this lawyer is the most affordable everyone else wanted 3,000 dollars and they wanted it up front. I wish mine was 500 dollars...

Im not to worried about proof of insurance since thats a no points offense but exhibition of speed is a 8 point offense (max you can get is 11.) And criminal speeding is 3 and I had a speeding ticket back in 04... so ya. I hired a lawyer.