Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

speeding ticket in jersey ****!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-05, 11:15 PM
rottweiler
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speeding ticket in jersey ****!!!!!!!!!!

well i was driving home and my stomach was killing me and i was speeding on rt 9 in old bridge, well my radar goes off and i try to stop but if comes after me, i get clocked at 91 in a 50, the ticket say manditory court apperiance and the cop said that if i dont show up i will get a warrant for me, what should i do? i cant afford a cop right now, anyone here that might help me in new jersey? maybe one of you guys knows a cop here in jersey. please help asap. this is for 12/27/05
Old 12-17-05, 11:18 AM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

tell em you had to poop....try and maybe go to your doctor and have him write you a note saying you have some kind of pooping problem or like you cant control your bowel movements lol and that you had to get home or to a bathroom...im being serious though....i have a traffic lawyer here in staten island if you want i can give you his info...good luck though bro i know the feeling
Old 12-17-05, 01:04 PM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tuddy
tell em you had to poop....try and maybe go to your doctor and have him write you a note saying you have some kind of pooping problem or like you cant control your bowel movements lol and that you had to get home or to a bathroom...im being serious though....i have a traffic lawyer here in staten island if you want i can give you his info...good luck though bro i know the feeling
Judge will throw you out of court for saying you were speeding because of poop.
I never heard of anyone beating a speeding ticket because of bad poop.
Old 12-17-05, 05:24 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rottweiler
well i was driving home and my stomach was killing me and i was speeding on rt 9 in old bridge, well my radar goes off and i try to stop but if comes after me, i get clocked at 91 in a 50, the ticket say manditory court apperiance and the cop said that if i dont show up i will get a warrant for me, what should i do? i cant afford a cop right now, anyone here that might help me in new jersey? maybe one of you guys knows a cop here in jersey. please help asap. this is for 12/27/05
91 in a 50....that's 41 miles over the speeding limit.

Let me tell you...i was caught doing 109 in a 65 in south jersey about 5 months ago...i guess my ticket was about the same as yours....44 miles versus 41 is about the same.

Here is what happened to me.
1) I got a ticket for speeding and also reckless driving. Both like yours were mandatory court appearance.
2) I hired an attorney which represented me in court.
3) The judge told me he was giving me a break: 1) he dropped the reckless - no fine / no points 2) gave me a $250 fine for the speeding ticket and lastly 3) SUSPENDED MY LICENSE FOR 26 days..he says usually he hands down three months suspension for that kind of speed.

Good luck to you...i would get an attorney and i would prepare mentally for a short suspension.
Old 12-17-05, 06:58 PM
sung35
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GS4fun, how much of attorney/lawyer fee for these kind of court appearance? I just want to know to be prepare for any futher unexpected event I might eventually going to encounter
Old 12-17-05, 07:25 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sputniknyc
I never heard of anyone beating a speeding ticket because of bad poop.
I don't know why - but this makes me laugh everytime I read it.

Yeah, 41 over is reckless driving - and in some states I hear it is attempted assault with a deadly weapon. I would defnitely look for an attorney.

Good Luck,
jonny
Old 12-18-05, 12:37 AM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

listen....bad poop is no laughing matter you could give it a shot...but like i said before

ill give you my lawyers info...hes reasonable cost me 500

Trending Topics

Old 12-18-05, 10:56 AM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

lawyer is the way to go in situations like this. It may cost a bit much but you're actually saving.
Friend of mine got caught doing 95 in a construction zone. Hired a lawyer and got away clean.
He also said the lawyer appeared to be the judges best friend and the case was like clockwork.
Old 12-18-05, 12:15 PM
GSXLEX
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Grab your ankles..Old Bridge aint no joke!!Also..I think thats part of that BS Safe Corridor nonsense which means DOUBLE THE FINES!! GHotta get a lawyer and hope the judge is in the holiday spirit!
Old 12-18-05, 03:10 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Originally Posted by sputniknyc
lawyer is the way to go in situations like this. It may cost a bit much but you're actually saving.
Friend of mine got caught doing 95 in a construction zone. Hired a lawyer and got away clean.
He also said the lawyer appeared to be the judges best friend and the case was like clockwork.

yea same here alot of these traffic lawyers are friends with the judges...my lawyer was friends with the judge for my case back in march said it was a piece of cake...good luck though bro
Old 12-18-05, 03:41 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sung35
GS4fun, how much of attorney/lawyer fee for these kind of court appearance? I just want to know to be prepare for any futher unexpected event I might eventually going to encounter
I paid $500 for the lawyer.......right before the court hearing..i told the lawyer..tell you what..you're a business man....you get me without a suspension...i'll double your fee. I never saw an attorney defend me like this guy this.....since i got the suspension...he didnt get the extra $500.
Old 12-18-05, 09:33 PM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS4fun
I paid $500 for the lawyer.......right before the court hearing..i told the lawyer..tell you what..you're a business man....you get me without a suspension...i'll double your fee. I never saw an attorney defend me like this guy this.....since i got the suspension...he didnt get the extra $500.

Heh,
thats like holding candy in front of a baby.
Old 12-19-05, 05:28 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The best way to beat a speeding ticket is to do the speed limit lol.
Old 12-19-05, 06:26 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, rottweiler. I would definitely hire a good traffic lawyer. Just out of curiosity, what radar detector were you using that gave you such late notice?
Old 12-19-05, 07:14 AM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

well in iowa the laws must be alt different but i got clocked by a plane on the interstae doing 105 in a 65 and got a $195 ticket and had to go to drivers improvment classes for $75 and 8 hours of class time- one more ticket in a year FOR ANYTHING i might add- and my licence gets suspended for 3 months- bastards

Quick Reply: speeding ticket in jersey ****!!!!!!!!!!