Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Carlisle Performance & Style

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-06, 11:05 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Carlisle Performance & Style

If anyone is interested, Carlisle is bringing a show back to the fairgrounds in Pennsylvania. This is not billed as the usual Sport Compact show, but it's more geared towards the higher end cars...like NIM !!!

Carlisle Performance & Style

A brand new show is joining the exciting Carlisle Events lineup for the 2006 season of automotive events at the Carlisle Fairgrounds, home to the largest presenter of collector car, truck and motorcycle events for the entire family.
Carlisle Performance & Style, scheduled for May 5-7 2006, is an event designed to introduce the latest in customization, tuning and in-car entertainment trends to enthusiasts of all ages. See show quality compacts, customized SUVs and modified high-end luxury rides.

The latest trend in the automotive hobby industry is modifying stock luxury sedans (like a Mercedes CL55) or high-end SUVs (maybe a Lincoln Navigator, a Range Rover or a Cadillac Excalade). Even Old School '60s rides like Impalas or Buick Regals are likely targets for these new alterations. The customizations can be anything from a pair of oversized custom wheels, tires and trim, to a total interior makeover, which includes ICE (in-car entertainment), maybe upgrading to a superior sound system to adding several TV monitors in the headrests with DVD input. These modified upgrades can range in price from a few hundred dollars for a rim or wheel to a total ride renovation of $50,000 or more.

"Our inaugural show is not just new to Carlisle Events, but is in fact a new market segment taking the automotive-hobbyist marketplace by storm," John Detrick, Carlisle Events CEO. "Everywhere I look, I'm seeing aftermarket alterations being made to cars.

Over the past 10 years, it was mainly our younger audiences making modification to compacts, but now we're seeing this same audience…maturing a few years…and their parents tuning high-end luxuries, euros and SUVs. It's really been an remarkable transition in the hobby."

Let me know if the team needs anything special for the show at: mryuen@usa.net. BTW, it's an NCCA event with Top Flight class again.

Hopefully this show won't be plagued with the problems of past shows.

Last edited by MrMark; 01-04-06 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-09-06, 12:41 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be there