Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Seat Belt/Stop Sign ticket

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-06, 11:23 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Seat Belt/Stop Sign ticket

Anyone know the points on your license and fines for:

Failure to obey a stop sign

Failure to wear seat belt
Old 01-31-06, 01:05 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

3 pts for failure to obey stop sign...
3 pts for failure to wear seat belt..
Old 01-31-06, 02:46 PM
KoSC300
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GSoup
3 pts for failure to obey stop sign...
3 pts for failure to wear seat belt..

Ouch, thats a load of points to rack up for stupid ****
Old 02-01-06, 08:32 PM
BOGOTA
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hmmm

Never knew a seatbelt violation was 3pts. DAMM . Good luck man, plead not guilty
Old 02-01-06, 11:16 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

thats nothing i'm facing 11pts on the 17th...
Old 02-02-06, 07:06 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah I got this ticket back in July and pled not guilty, hearing is next wed the 8th at 125th, I'm hoping the cop doesn't show up but here was the scenario and my 'defense':

1:40am Cop car was facing west on 116th farthest lane away (double parked) and I'm facing North on Lexox (I believe, not sure) about to make the right and get to the West Side Highway (had just left this bad azz Mami's spot on 110th - but that's another story) and take my azz back to the Tri-Borough. After the right, car makes the u turn and gets behind me.

I've got a pic of my car showing black interior, another pic of me in the car (now with the tints on), a pic of the intersection to show the distance and a last pic of me in the car from about the same spot where the cop would have been sitting to show his 'view'. All the pics are in daylight to emphasize the point.

Just basically going to tell the judge that because of my height (6'6") I sit back farther in the seat than most (yes this is a good ghetto definition of 'leaning back' - so what, lol) so that only leaves about 3 inches of seat belt visible and it would have been hard for the officer to see that with me making a right turn into him with my HID's on and that the officer was mistaken. Just trying to create a little bit of doubt.
Old 02-02-06, 07:47 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Yeah I got this ticket back in July and pled not guilty, hearing is next wed the 8th at 125th, I'm hoping the cop doesn't show up but here was the scenario and my 'defense':

1:40am Cop car was facing west on 116th farthest lane away (double parked) and I'm facing North on Lexox (I believe, not sure) about to make the right and get to the West Side Highway (had just left this bad azz Mami's spot on 110th - but that's another story) and take my azz back to the Tri-Borough. After the right, car makes the u turn and gets behind me.

I've got a pic of my car showing black interior, another pic of me in the car (now with the tints on), a pic of the intersection to show the distance and a last pic of me in the car from about the same spot where the cop would have been sitting to show his 'view'. All the pics are in daylight to emphasize the point.

Just basically going to tell the judge that because of my height (6'6") I sit back farther in the seat than most (yes this is a good ghetto definition of 'leaning back' - so what, lol) so that only leaves about 3 inches of seat belt visible and it would have been hard for the officer to see that with me making a right turn into him with my HID's on and that the officer was mistaken. Just trying to create a little bit of doubt.
Go for it..because all the cops I 've seen in these cases always lie anyway... my friend has made it a mission to defend every ticket he gets and has basically gotten every ticket dismissed , as he says "i play their game..cause their all a bunch of liars.."LOL...

its worked for him so go for it... plus i don't know anyone who has gotten as many tickets as he has..everything from exhaust noise to HID's to seatbelt to speeding to illegal u turns to ..anything you can think of..LOL
Old 02-02-06, 08:00 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

lol, it's not even a 'I hate cops' thing, I'm just taking my chances, I always plead not guilty because what else do you have to lose? Plus at least if i'm found guilty, they had to wait a while to get their money.
Old 02-08-06, 06:36 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

My court date was this morning at 125th St for the ticket.

The cop showed up and gave his account first, then I came on. First let me say this, if you're going to court, watch Boston Legal the night before, however you have to do it, lol, this show will get you amped up.

My questions:
Officer, approximately how far away from my vehicle were you when you first noticed my car.
(about 50 feet looking directly at you, I could see the gray seat belt and silver buckle)

Officer did I have my headlights on
(Yes)

Officer, based on me only receiving a ticket for not wearing a seat belt, can we assume that the rest of my car was legal (legal tint - tint was put on after I got the ticket but he didn't need to know that)?
(yes)

Officer, if you were facing West and I'm facing North making a right turn onto 116th going in the direction opposite you, can we safely assume that you have about two seconds to look into my car to determine it's seat belt status other than the time you say you were looking into my car while I was stopped at the light?
(yes)

Officer, please look at these pictures, the license plate number is visible, would you say this is the car I was driving
(nervous yes)

Your honor, please view these pictures as they were taken from a camera positioned no more than 6 feet away from my car during daylight hours, I hereby submit there is no way this officer could make a reasonable determination of my seat belt status based upon the scenario we described above. My interior is black, the seat belt is black and your honor, I am black :~) (she had been in a good mood since she walked in so I just went with it). Your honor, I submit that the officer has not proven his case.

JUDGE: NOT GUILTY
Old 02-08-06, 07:01 AM
Sleeper97
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You do not get any pts for seatbelt, unless you have a minor in the passenger seat that also did not have a seatbelt on. I paid off a seatbelt ticket not too long ago. No points are added this is direct from the DMV.
Old 02-08-06, 07:08 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

You do not get any pts for seatbelt, unless you have a minor in the passenger seat that also did not have a seatbelt on. I paid off a seatbelt ticket not too long ago. No points are added this is direct from the DMV.
You're exactly right, I found that out this morning from the clerk before the judge came in. But doesn't matter anyway at this point since it was dismissed. Thanks though
Old 02-08-06, 08:57 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 339 Likes on 292 Posts

that was good son, if you have the time go to court b/c most times the cops dont show up or you can get the ticket lowered if not dismissed
Old 02-08-06, 10:42 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

LOL.... aighhhhht... cliff - 1 / cops - 0
i told you the picture with "The Game" in it was gonna get you off cause he's an informant..LOL

wish me luck when i go in facing 11pts on my license..LOL
Old 02-08-06, 10:50 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

wish me luck when i go in facing 11pts on my license..LOL
Damn dawg, not even gonna ask what you were doing or how fast you were going to get up to 11, that's automatic suspension range. LOL, if you want me to represent ya, let me know

Wish you more than luck, how about wishing bad luck to whoever else needs to show up against you that day.
Old 02-08-06, 10:39 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

uh... i cant believe u guys are talking about meesly 11pts....
i have court on the 14th of this month and 15th of this month.

14th is in manhattan for the bike.

speed unpruedent. -->this one alone is 11pts
unsafe lane change.
failure to signal.
unsafe start.
wreckless endangerment.
uninsured motorist.
uninspected veichel.
unlicense motorist.
suspended license

15th queens blvd.

loud muffler
obstuction of view on rear view mirror..... ( a fukin rosesary )
suspended license
failure to signal....

point i dont care....... its the freaking attorney and the penelaty fee

Quick Reply: Seat Belt/Stop Sign ticket