Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Tint Removal

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-06, 05:53 PM
stefnee
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in PG County (Mitchellevile)
Old 02-09-06, 06:37 PM
BklynGS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$150 to remove the tint? why can't you just rip it off, and get some goo gone and a razor blade or something if there is any glue left over on the glass. When i had 35% on my windows i did this so that i could have 20% put on. And i would leave the rear window tint, if you rip it off you will definitely have some glue left over, and then to properly clean it off you will have to use a razor, it is very likely you will rip your defrost lines doing this.
Old 02-09-06, 07:07 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ajmcd64
I think maybe you should get a second opinion from your local police dept. 5% tint is nothing, and I agree with others that the rear doors and rear window are unlimited, it's just the front windshield and front door windows.
5% tint is nothing? That's really dark.

I don't know the laws in PA, but I have 35% tint all around and I've never been bothered.
Old 02-12-06, 04:54 PM
stefnee
Driver

Default In Maryland

You do not get a ticket with a fine, you get a repair order. If I do not get the tint removed and inspected in 30 days, my license gets suspended.

Stefnee
Old 02-19-06, 10:42 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

got very good lawyer.. so instead of payin $90, paid only $35 per window..

so i left my tint intact.. ***** those pigs, *****in hate 'em
Old 02-20-06, 05:02 PM
PR FIEBRU
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by GSoup

front windshield - your only allowed up to 6" down from the top, anything other than that is illegal.
driver / passenger windows - 70% or greater
rear windows - doesn't matter
back window - doesn't matter
I agree with half of your info.

Front agree

Rear window agree, (only if you have both side mirriows)

Driver/ passenger windows agree 70% light transmittance

back side windows I dont agree it matters, if you drive a station wagon, sedan, hardtop, coupe, hatchback or convertible with any rear side window that has a light transmittance of less than seventy percent; only suvs and minivans are exempt.

Remember that most cars come with a tint already on the glass, usually 25% tint. Meaning that the car has a 75%light transmittance. If you put a tint with a rating of 35% you must add 25% wich will give a reading of 60% light transmittance.
The cop can still give you a summons without the tint meter. The just have to articulate that they were not able to see who was in the car of wether the driver was a male or female.
Old 03-04-06, 01:37 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

I would leave the back window alone.... how can they measure the back window? can you just bring the sides to standard...you are going to mess the back window up(defrost).... MD is stupid the lot sold my wife her car with tint...told her to bring the car back to get inspected....they took off the tint...the car looked totally different..wack to be exact! MD will suspend your registration for anything.....
Old 03-24-06, 12:11 PM
PR FIEBRU
Advanced

Exclamation

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
I would leave the back window alone.... how can they measure the back window? .....
They dont.
Cops do not need a tint meter to give you a ticket.
All they need to articulate is that they were not able to see inside the vehicle.
Old 03-31-06, 10:44 AM
LextacyGS4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PR FIEBRU
They dont.
Cops do not need a tint meter to give you a ticket.
All they need to articulate is that they were not able to see inside the vehicle.
+1 they do not need a meter to give you a ticket. I got one for the windshield and all he said is that it was dark and that was enough for the judge. When i barked out that the cop never used a meter, the judge said "he doesnt need to". I had to use other defenses to get out of the ticket which after a second hearing was dismissed.
Old 04-05-06, 08:28 AM
PR FIEBRU
Advanced

one thing you can try to do if you get a ticket and want to fight it in court , take a picture of a lexus that looks like yours without tint. tell the judge that you removed it withing 24 hours and that you did not know, you bought the car like that, but as soon as the officer told you about the violation you removed it.

try.
Old 04-05-06, 08:51 AM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

who told you about this suspension?
just making sure it wasn't the cop possibly trying to scare you.
here you get a warning w/ X days to get it iff, and if you don't get it off and show an officer, you get a nice fine.
no suspension though.

also, this was probably clarified but NO front widnshield can be completely tinted, just the top parts as far as i know. oh yea, and the 2% is due to oem glass having some tint to it.

like someone said, you can take off the tint yourself w/ a razorblade + goo gone. you spray something on there to help the glue come off better with the tint(google for it).
leave the rear window alone though if it has defroster lines on it, if you razorblade one of them it won't work.