Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

NYC: Viper Alarm 791vx hook-up!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-06, 08:50 PM
BklynJay
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No Doubt....

Just hook up with more peeps then we could definitely do this!
Old 02-13-06, 11:26 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

To ALL,

Just as an FYI, I recently just had this guy with a shop near me quote me $400 flat to set up the VIper 791vx on my car. He did say that I had to give up a key but he didn't say anything about charging me extra for the options. I'm probably going to check him again this weekend and see exactly what his $400 covers. If he's legit then I will definitely let him know that I have more people interested in coming to see him. If he's not then you can add me to the list that you guys are putting together. Actually it will be me and one other non CL member with a GS4
Old 02-13-06, 12:28 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
To ALL,

Just as an FYI, I recently just had this guy with a shop near me quote me $400 flat to set up the VIper 791vx on my car. He did say that I had to give up a key but he didn't say anything about charging me extra for the options. I'm probably going to check him again this weekend and see exactly what his $400 covers. If he's legit then I will definitely let him know that I have more people interested in coming to see him. If he's not then you can add me to the list that you guys are putting together. Actually it will be me and one other non CL member with a GS4
Not a bad price if he is an authorized dealer. DEI has a module for our cars that will not require a spare key. It is the 555x bypass module. I still have my spare key. To qualify for the warranty with DEI, the system has to be installed by an authorized dealer. They have a listing of Authorized dealers. The place I went to is.
About the module:

The 555X safely bypasses the Lexus/Toyota Immobilizer anti-theft system during remote start using a unique autoprogram sequence. It learns the secure code from the Key Cylinder Module and then repeats it when remote start is activated. This eliminates the need to leave the key in the vehicle.The DEI 555x Bypass Module provides a valid code to the vehicle whenever it is remote started, but does not effect the immobilizer system during normal vehicle operation, thus the immobilizer system remains fully functional

Item #DEI-555X

Last edited by DASHOCKER; 02-13-06 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-13-06, 12:54 PM
BklynJay
Lead Lap

Sean is right. My guy definitely has that module to bypass it with soe sort of sequence you have to do to make it work. Example was like press brake 5 times, gas 3, take a sip coffee at 45 degree angle and so forth. LOL! But like I said I have that guy who just did mine and my friends. WIth all the features as stated.

Everybody will have this alarm soon! LoL! Can you imagine were are all in a garage and one of them goes off. Not like a cellular where have different beeps. We all look down at the pager and run for the car. LOL!

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Not a bad price if he is an authorized dealer. DEI has a module for our cars that will not require a spare key. It is the 555x bypass module. I still have my spare key. To qualify for the warranty with DEI, the system has to be installed by an authorized dealer. They have a listing of Authorized dealers. The place I went to is.
About the module:

The 555X safely bypasses the Lexus/Toyota Immobilizer anti-theft system during remote start using a unique autoprogram sequence. It learns the secure code from the Key Cylinder Module and then repeats it when remote start is activated. This eliminates the need to leave the key in the vehicle.The DEI 555x Bypass Module provides a valid code to the vehicle whenever it is remote started, but does not effect the immobilizer system during normal vehicle operation, thus the immobilizer system remains fully functional

Item #DEI-555X
Old 02-13-06, 01:25 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BklynJay
Sean is right. My guy definitely has that module to bypass it with soe sort of sequence you have to do to make it work. Example was like press brake 5 times, gas 3, take a sip coffee at 45 degree angle and so forth. LOL! But like I said I have that guy who just did mine and my friends. WIth all the features as stated.

Everybody will have this alarm soon! LoL! Can you imagine were are all in a garage and one of them goes off. Not like a cellular where have different beeps. We all look down at the pager and run for the car. LOL!
lol, well with mine when it is remote started, lets say a theif tries to jump in. If he taps the brake, the car will turn itself off.

Here is a list of guys

1. DASHOCKER
2. SPUTNICK
3 OOOHPAPI (depending on quote from his guy)
4. ?????
Old 02-13-06, 02:08 PM
BklynJay
Lead Lap

Yeah it does the same thing with mine. Hey did you install the auto up and down by holding down aux&lock (windows down) and aux&unlock (windows up).
Old 02-13-06, 04:49 PM
BOGOTA
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Gs 400 Alarm

WOW, I always felt the stock GS alarm was suffice, reading this thread makes me want to upgrrade. Seems like Viper is the way to go.. Need to look into it. Thanks
Old 02-13-06, 05:18 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BklynJay
Yeah it does the same thing with mine. Hey did you install the auto up and down by holding down aux&lock (windows down) and aux&unlock (windows up).
Never tried it. I can still use the stock remote to do that. I do have the trunk release though
Old 02-13-06, 05:20 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Not a bad price if he is an authorized dealer.
I plan on finding this out. He's a local guy about three blocks from my house and he just opened up his rim shop about two years ago. His location isn't prime but he does have a nice stock of inventory. I plan on printing this entire thread and finding out exactly what he can or can't do before I let him touch my chick. As soon as I get some more info, I'll put you guys on or I'll be following behind Jay....
Old 02-13-06, 05:46 PM
BklynJay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BOGOTA
WOW, I always felt the stock GS alarm was suffice, reading this thread makes me want to upgrrade. Seems like Viper is the way to go.. Need to look into it. Thanks
Think of it this way! If I pull up next to your car and and bump it hard, break the window and jump in take your radio or whatever is pretty nice in there without opening the door/trunk. Our alarm won't do a thing. Makes yah think twice doesn't it!
Old 02-13-06, 06:20 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Here is how you can check for an authorized viper dealer near you. type in your zip. My installer is there. http://www.directed.com/security/vip...lerLocator.asp
Old 02-13-06, 07:51 PM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Very serious in getting the viper.
I had another place price quote me the 791 for $450 and they said I need to give them a valet to bypass the system for autostart.
Problem I had with that is, if a thief breaks in and knocks out my cylinder, the car will be able to start because of the valet key cheating the stock lexus alarm.
That I dont like.
Basically I'm looking for a honest competant installer
The bypass module is good news.
I'm hoping more CL members will be down for the install which will lower the cost.

ok I'll s t f u
Just count me in!

please keep us posted
Old 02-14-06, 09:13 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Here is how you can check for an authorized viper dealer near you. type in your zip. My installer is there. http://www.directed.com/security/vi...alerLocator.asp
He's listed so ok he's official. I'll talk to him this week and tell him he will possibly be getting 5 cars if he can provide the alarm with the goodies (and the bypass)
Old 02-14-06, 09:16 AM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
He's listed so ok he's official. I'll talk to him this week and tell him he will possibly be getting 5 cars if he can provide the alarm with the goodies (and the bypass)

also what other options are available to install and at what price.
Old 02-14-06, 10:26 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any ideas what it would cost for a 92sc3?

Quick Reply: NYC: Viper Alarm 791vx hook-up!