Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

NYC: Viper Alarm 791vx hook-up!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-06, 12:02 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by silversprucesc3
Any ideas what it would cost for a 92sc3?
If your car does not require a transponder key, it should be cheaper; plus two doors are cheaper than 4.
Old 02-14-06, 12:22 PM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
If your car does not require a transponder key, it should be cheaper; plus two doors are cheaper than 4.
Thanks...
Old 02-14-06, 01:14 PM
BklynJay
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So is everyone going with OhPapi's guy and call my guy off. Just make sure that for the price they include:

** Bypassing module (no need for chip/valet)
** Windows automatic up and down
** Trunk Release
** Stock Alarm will still work

If we can get more DEFINITE people then he may be able to go lower than $450.00.
Old 02-14-06, 01:31 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BklynJay
So is everyone going with OhPapi's guy and call my guy off. Just make sure that for the price they include:

** Bypassing module (no need for chip/valet)
** Windows automatic up and down
** Trunk Release
** Stock Alarm will still work

If we can get more DEFINITE people then he may be able to go lower than $450.00.
I need the tilt and glass sensor. My guy is charging 75 bucks for the tilt sensor alone.The glass sensor according to him gives off too many false alarms. i just want full protection, when my GS turns from a catipillar to a butterfly in the summer Thats all I need. Best price$$$
Old 02-14-06, 01:31 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So is everyone going with OhPapi's guy and call my guy off.
Jay, not at all, I'm just letting everyone know what the guy quoted me and trying to get everyone the best price possible. I'm going to take this entire forum printed out to the and see exactly what he was installing. (I know for sure he told me that I would have to give up my key so there's no bypass) If he doesn't have access to the bypass module then I'm not messing with him at all and we'll all be going to your guy. LOL, the guy is local but it's not like he's family where I'm trying to steer him business. As long as my chirp works, i'm good.
Old 02-14-06, 02:12 PM
BklynJay
Lead Lap

Oh alright. No problem with me either. Just wanted to know! So whenever we have a definite head count and good to go I'll talk to my guy and try to squeeze the price as lowest as possible.
Old 02-15-06, 05:52 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Oh alright. No problem with me either. Just wanted to know! So whenever we have a definite head count and good to go I'll talk to my guy and try to squeeze the price as lowest as possible.
There are so many options for this alarm system. Did you get the battery backup option? Find out how much that is too.
Old 02-16-06, 06:11 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Can someone confirm that the bypass module does NOT work on the 430?

I spoke to the guy yesterday at the shop and he went to a website where they didn't have the 430 listed. But he's going to look out and dup my key and install the Viper for $425 (only an extra $25 for the dup).

He said he'll give us the works. I'm going to be the guinea pig and let him do mine tomorrow morning so I can be ready for the meet on Sun if anyone wants to inspect his work.
Old 02-16-06, 06:31 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Can someone confirm that the bypass module does NOT work on the 430?

I spoke to the guy yesterday at the shop and he went to a website where they didn't have the 430 listed. But he's going to look out and dup my key and install the Viper for $425 (only an extra $25 for the dup).

He said he'll give us the works. I'm going to be the guinea pig and let him do mine tomorrow morning so I can be ready for the meet on Sun if anyone wants to inspect his work.
that module is universal for Toyota and Lexus immobilizer systems. It should work. i like the idea of the module in the event a theif finds the brain he can't get a key. Can you imagine if he finds the key? He will just say "thank you" This guy seems like a bargain. I want some options for mine. Didn't have time to let my installer do it. Put me on to this dude.
Old 02-16-06, 07:16 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

that module is universal for Toyota and Lexus immobilizer systems. It should work.
Yeah this is true, I just found it on a site that lists compatible transponders, I'm going to print it out and give it to him. I still may let him dup my key for me though.

Put me on to this dude
Just let me know when you're ready.

LOL, I must be bored at work right now (Maury is on in my office but show is whack this morning, I'm waiting for paternity tests) lol, I'm on the 16th FL of my office building but I can look at my window and see my baby so I wanted to see if my OEM key would alarm the car, it worked Surprising. lol, I can see me now with the Viper making the windows go up and down when I'm bored and just scaring the ish out of people on the street.
Old 02-16-06, 08:15 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah this is true, I just found it on a site that lists compatible transponders, I'm going to print it out and give it to him. I still may let him dup my key for me though.

Just let me know when you're ready.

LOL, I must be bored at work right now (Maury is on in my office but show is whack this morning, I'm waiting for paternity tests) lol, I'm on the 16th FL of my office building but I can look at my window and see my baby so I wanted to see if my OEM key would alarm the car, it worked Surprising. lol, I can see me now with the Viper making the windows go up and down when I'm bored and just scaring the ish out of people on the street.
LOL.. I hope my ex ain't on Maury and i get a call Well you will love the Viper, especially the remote start feature. The range is insane. I am down to go Saturday, or Monday on the holiday. When ever you are going, I'll be there.
Old 02-16-06, 03:48 PM
BklynJay
Lead Lap

Ohpapi, you should just go with my guy then since he does not need to use a dup key. Like Sean (DaShocker) said, if someguy finds that key and just cuts your alarm. Your beat forever. He could just get your license plate and come back to your car anytime. I will talk to my guy like I said if we have a definite head count to lower the price. But right now it's $450. Oh yeah, I also have installed the turbo timer just in case i make some extra cash my car is ready for it.
Old 02-16-06, 04:05 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Ohpapi, you should just go with my guy then since he does not need to use a dup key. Like Sean (DaShocker) said, if someguy finds that key and just cuts your alarm. Your beat forever. He could just get your license plate and come back to your car anytime. I will talk to my guy like I said if we have a definite head count to lower the price. But right now it's $450. Oh yeah, I also have installed the turbo timer just in case i make some extra cash my car is ready for it.
Who should i roll with. Ok I need prices.. I will got to both places Jay let me know how much they would charge for the tilt and glass sensor.
Old 02-21-06, 08:50 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

FYI, I am now 'PROTECTED BY VIPER, STAND BACK', DaShocker can attest to the quality of the installation. So if you guys are still interested, then get back to me and I'll let you know where to go.

Last edited by oohpapi44; 02-21-06 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-21-06, 09:00 AM
BklynJay
Lead Lap

FYI, I am not 'PROTECTED BY VIPER, STAND BACK', DaShocker can attest to the quality of the installation. So if you guys are still interested, then get back to me and I'll let you know where to go.
What did you get instead? How was the meet? Didn't get back from the ski tirp till mad late.

Quick Reply: NYC: Viper Alarm 791vx hook-up!