Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

NYC: Viper Alarm 791vx hook-up!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-06, 12:56 PM
BklynJay
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NYC: Viper Alarm 791vx hook-up!

Hey guys me ('99GS3) and my boy ('01GS3) just installed our new Viper Alarm V791vx. We got them installed for $450 with 1-year warranty except the LCD of course. He usually charges $550 installed. But since he knew me well he gave it for $450.00. For one person he will charge $500 but if 2 more I can talk to him get the same deal for $450.00 plus some added features explained. The process takes from 3-5hours pending on how our GS cooperates with the remote start module bypassing. But if you want to use a valet / chip it will be about 3 hours.

*Added and FYI features included in the price*

*** Stock alarm will still work
*** No need for chip / valet key; bypass will be included
*** Automatic windows will roll up and down at remote
*** Plus the usually features like remote start, shock senor, trunk release, etc...
Here are some features of the alarm itself.

If you guys wanna check how mine came out. Feel free to contact me and check it out! I'm a Brookyn, NY 11209.

Viper 791XV Responder 2-Way LCD & Remote Start

Brand New, Sealed in box!

Responder Systems from Viper are simply the most advanced 2-Way Security and Remote Start systems in the world! The interactive display on the Responder remote confirms all commands - virtually instantly - with easy to understand icons, plus text! It alerts users to security system triggers by beeping or vibrating when out of audible range of the siren. And of course the 791XV and 591XV will start your vehicle with the push of a button, and you'll get confirmation back that it started, from up to one-half mile away! (depending on conditions)

2-Way Security System / Remote Start System with Responder Technology

6 channel remote start/security/keyless entry system
Confirms commands and system triggers on the transceiver LCD screen
Clone-Safe® Code-Hopping®
Parking Light Flash
Failsafe® Starter Kill
Anti-Grind
Stinger® DoubleGuard® Shock Sensor
Revenger® Six-Tone Siren
Bright Blue/Red LED Status Indicator
Miniature XCRS (Extreme Capacity Relay Satellite)
Defroster Output
Built-in Turbo Timer
3 Auxiliary outputs
Dome Light Supervision
Comfort Closure
4 Auxiliary Outputs
Horn Honk
Includes One 2-way Responder Transceiver

Last edited by BklynJay; 02-11-06 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-11-06, 01:09 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Jay; My boy just got the same exact alarm...Looks like a quality viper item.....He got a deal for this alarm for 185 and 100 for installation from my mechanic...
Old 02-11-06, 01:15 PM
BklynJay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by One HoT
Hi Jay; My boy just got the same exact alarm...Looks like a quality viper item.....He got a deal for this alarm for 185 and 100 for installation from my mechanic...

Should've talked to him earlier. LoL! Just putting it out there because lots of places charges arm and a leg over $500 easy. Think I saw DaShocker paid $550 installed for his. Not sure if he had the auto up and down windows included for that price. So I just wanted to let peeps know. But hey, yours is by far a better deal
Old 02-11-06, 01:21 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have mine with a lifetime warranty, the bypass module, horn honk relay and all the options mentioned for 550. This is a good price for the guys that don't have it. Excellent system with crazy range (1/4 mile) Good find Jay
Old 02-11-06, 01:25 PM
BklynJay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
I have mine with a lifetime warranty, the bypass module, horn honk relay and all the options mentioned for 550. This is a good price for the guys that don't have it. Excellent system with crazy range (1/4 mile) Good find Jay

Thanks man! Once you said it was good asked my guy and got it 4 days ago. Love the sensor and feel so much safer. Not to mention warm the car up good, get in the car, blast heat and drive without hurting our engine or AC. Damn stupid snowstorm! Also, took your advice and got the calcarcover.com "stormweave" since mine is not garge but atleast private driveway kept. But today left in a private garage outdoors 2nd level so no snow will touch the car.
Old 02-11-06, 02:05 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BklynJay
Thanks man! Once you said it was good asked my guy and got it 4 days ago. Love the sensor and feel so much safer. Not to mention warm the car up good, get in the car, blast heat and drive without hurting our engine or AC. Damn stupid snowstorm! Also, took your advice and got the calcarcover.com "stormweave" since mine is not garge but atleast private driveway kept. But today left in a private garage outdoors 2nd level so no snow will touch the car.
Any time I love mine too. The remote start is a plus on those cold mornings. I even remote started my car while in the mall Did your guy install the tilt sensor and tilt sensor? Tilt sensor option will cause the alarm to trigger if someone tows, or jack up the car. The glass sensor (another option) won't be needed if you have the sensitivity adjusted high.
Old 02-11-06, 02:22 PM
BklynJay
Lead Lap

Any time I love mine too. The remote start is a plus on those cold mornings. I even remote started my car while in the mall Did your guy install the tilt sensor and tilt sensor? Tilt sensor option will cause the alarm to trigger if someone tows, or jack up the car. The glass sensor (another option) won't be needed if you have the sensitivity adjusted high.

Not sure about the tilt sensor. But the windows/glass sensor is definitely installed. Gotta ask about that tilt thingy though! I haven't tried it yet, but mine is getting frequency from 2 blocks away as I type inside my building where I work.
Old 02-11-06, 11:11 PM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very interested in the install.
anyone else down?
Old 02-12-06, 03:54 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sputniknyc
anyone else down?
I'l roll with you when you get it. Maybe he can install some more features for me
Old 02-12-06, 07:43 AM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'l roll with you when you get it. Maybe he can install some more features for me
CARAVAN TIME!!!!
Old 02-12-06, 08:55 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

I am down. Queens, Bklyn, NJ, NELOC, chime in..Set up a date Jay. I want the glass sensor installed. Even though the standard shock sensor will pick up a thump on the glass, it won't trigger if the thief uses a pellet gun Pm me how much he would charge for that.
Old 02-12-06, 09:48 AM
BklynJay
Lead Lap

I am down. Queens, Bklyn, NJ, NELOC, chime in..Set up a date Jay. I want the glass sensor installed. Even though the standard shock sensor will pick up a thump on the glass, it won't trigger if the thief uses a pellet gun Pm me how much he would charge for that.

No problem. As soon as this 30" off white stuff off the ground melts a bit. Don't think any GS's out there a moving today. I love my 4Runner right now. Went over 24" non-driven private driveway with ease.
Old 02-12-06, 02:26 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sputniknyc
anyone else down?
Bill are you gonna get the alarm or what
Old 02-12-06, 03:55 PM
BklynJay
Lead Lap

Bill are you gonna get the alarm or what
I would wanna shoot to get atleast 2 new installs so I can get the price of $450. Oh yeah I also added $60 in my installation and I got the pulse timer for automatic windows up when leaving the car. LoL! You could do it already with but you would have to hold the aux and unlock button at the same time but I added the pulse timer so once I press lock I can walk away while the windows goes up. Very useful during summer time or just in general in case you forgot to roll your windows up! He does it at his friends shop located in at 790 Remsen Avenue in Brooklyn. His friends shop does sick a$$ cars. You see crazy *** things going on in there. Latest example is "someguy" with a the new 645ci BMW Coupe with 22" rims on at this time of the year. Then bought custom from Germany kit to make it look like an M6. Sure they do ridiculous body work but pretty pricey i would think. But real great professional jobs.
Old 02-12-06, 04:21 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BklynJay
I would wanna shoot to get atleast 2 new installs so I can get the price of $450. Oh yeah I also added $60 in my installation and I got the pulse timer for automatic windows up when leaving the car. LoL! You could do it already with but you would have to hold the aux and unlock button at the same time but I added the pulse timer so once I press lock I can walk away while the windows goes up. Very useful during summer time or just in general in case you forgot to roll your windows up! He does it at his friends shop located in at 790 Remsen Avenue in Brooklyn. His friends shop does sick a$$ cars. You see crazy *** things going on in there. Latest example is "someguy" with a the new 645ci BMW Coupe with 22" rims on at this time of the year. Then bought custom from Germany kit to make it look like an M6. Sure they do ridiculous body work but pretty pricey i would think. But real great professional jobs.
Sounds hot. We need more guys. I will let your guy add add the glass sensor for me if it is under 75 bucks. Tilt sensor need a price for that too.

Quick Reply: NYC: Viper Alarm 791vx hook-up!