Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

need a GREAT detailer

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-06, 05:41 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default need a GREAT detailer

anyone know of a great detailer on long island?? i'm in nassau but don't mind driving a bit to a great detailer...i have swirls and holograms i need taken care of..because i'm hating the way my paint is looking right now
Old 07-04-06, 03:12 PM
Kilo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear ONeHot is pretty handy with an orbital.
Old 07-05-06, 12:59 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Hey Cat;

Shoot me a pm. I actually have a variable speed rotary (Makita 9227C). Just finished a MB S430 over the weekend. Came out like new again!

Maybe I can be of some assistance. I'm located in Brooklyn.

Old 07-06-06, 09:32 PM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Cat and D.... Bring it ova to my place on Sat. I can pull out the tent so we can detail outside.
Old 07-07-06, 03:23 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

i'm bringing it to dennis's on the 16th in bk...D if u want me to drop it somewhere else just let me know
Old 07-11-06, 09:50 PM
LexT
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a guy on old country road, eastbound side of the street. between Rt 106 and Rt 107, in Hicksville - they always have expensive cars there, my neigbor goes to them and swears by em.
Just in case if someone wants to stay local in Nassau.

Last edited by LexT; 07-11-06 at 11:42 PM.
Old 07-12-06, 03:25 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by LexT
There's a guy on old country road, eastbound side of the street. between Rt 106 and Rt 107, in Hicksville - they always have expensive cars there, my neigbor goes to them and swears by em.
Just in case if someone wants to stay local in Nassau.
tonys hand wash? i know they are between 106 and 107
Old 07-12-06, 06:52 AM
riceboy22
Driver School Candidate

I'm a little late to the party here, but Detailing Dynamics in Mineola is awesome. I used to drive my S4 out there from NJ just for detailing. The owner Matt is awesome; he explained the processes for everything they were doing to the car. The trip is worth it just to see some of the project cars they are working on there. Pretty pricey but I found it to be well worth the expense.

http://www.detailingdynamics.com/
Old 07-12-06, 07:01 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by riceboy22
I'm a little late to the party here, but Detailing Dynamics in Mineola is awesome. I used to drive my S4 out there from NJ just for detailing. The owner Matt is awesome; he explained the processes for everything they were doing to the car. The trip is worth it just to see some of the project cars they are working on there. Pretty pricey but I found it to be well worth the expense.

http://www.detailingdynamics.com/
i actually went there about a month ago..very nice place and the guys that work there are awesome...but i didn't really want to pay the $900 they wanted for a full detail
i'm positive they wouldve done an excellent job but $900 is steep..i would only do it if i were going to some kind of big show..and i think he said they charge $50 for a regular wash
he explained their whole process and everything to me also..i would love to do it but my bf would kill me if i spent $900 for a detail rofl
they only had a couple of porsches in there when i went
Old 07-12-06, 07:13 AM
riceboy22
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CaThaFeR
i actually went there about a month ago..very nice place and the guys that work there are awesome...but i didn't really want to pay the $900 they wanted for a full detail
i'm positive they wouldve done an excellent job but $900 is steep..i would only do it if i were going to some kind of big show..and i think he said they charge $50 for a regular wash
he explained their whole process and everything to me also..i would love to do it but my bf would kill me if i spent $900 for a detail rofl
they only had a couple of porsches in there when i went
Holy crap! Nine bills?! I haven't been there for a couple of years (since I bid adieu to my S4 ) but the last time I went it was $175 for an exterior detail. Still more expensive than most, but it was worth the price relative to some of the other detailers I have used before. Not sure where the $900 price came from but that is way over the top.

Well if you find somewhere else that does a good job for a reasonable price please share!
Old 07-12-06, 07:16 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by riceboy22
Holy crap! Nine bills?! I haven't been there for a couple of years (since I bid adieu to my S4 ) but the last time I went it was $175 for an exterior detail. Still more expensive than most, but it was worth the price relative to some of the other detailers I have used before. Not sure where the $900 price came from but that is way over the top.

Well if you find somewhere else that does a good job for a reasonable price please share!
wow i wish they only charged $175 now lol..yea matt said it would be about a 14 hour job..he was very nice tho..he even put those little chrome covers over my license plate screw but when he told me $900 my jaw dropped to the floor..i was expecting maybe like $400-$500 but definitely not $900! but anyway dennis (one hot) is going to detail my car for me on sunday so i'll post pics afterwards
Old 07-12-06, 08:09 AM
Aclarke
Driver

Please do... I am in need of a good detail probably around August or September... let me know if you are interested as well One_Hot... just shoot me a PM...

Cathy, do you wash your car yourself or take it somewhere?
Seems like no matter how I wash my car, whether its myself or some hand wash place, my Blue Onyx Pearl is a swirl magnet.
Old 07-12-06, 08:40 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by Aclarke
Please do... I am in need of a good detail probably around August or September... let me know if you are interested as well One_Hot... just shoot me a PM...

Cathy, do you wash your car yourself or take it somewhere?
Seems like no matter how I wash my car, whether its myself or some hand wash place, my Blue Onyx Pearl is a swirl magnet.
i have a hand wash place next to where i work..thats where i usually get my car washed because i dont have time to do it myself/im too lazy to do it myself lol..yes my black onyx is a mega swirl magnet..and you see every tiny spec of dirt thats on it i get it glazed every couple weeks tho to hide the swirls
Old 07-12-06, 08:53 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Andrew, are you gonna come to the meet on the 22nd??
Old 07-13-06, 06:32 AM
Aclarke
Driver

Unfortunately no since I have to go to South Carolina on a business trip... I wish I could have made it since it would have been cool to meet everybody

Quick Reply: need a GREAT detailer