Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Is there a MD lawyer in CL??

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-06, 09:30 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Is there a MD lawyer in CL??

Hello all,

I thought I saw a MD lawyer on this board before? Anyone know who they might be? Thanks.
Old 12-11-06, 11:35 AM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

actually there's a bunch of lawyers on here ... but from MD that i dont know??

but what kind of law u looking for
Old 12-11-06, 12:08 PM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Is there a MD lawyer in CL??

Hello

Thanks for responding.

What i'm looking for is for someone to assit me with a situation i've exhausted in efforts to resolve.

I preformed a job for someone who -was- a friend last year, which involved installing & configuring a wireless network in his house. He told me to purchase the equipment and bill him for everything. Which I did. The total in parts: $363.89 Labor:$200.00
I also reformatted 2 HDDs; found and removed viruses & spyware; installed lots of drivers and tested them all; secured his network; provided a network diagram outlining his Wi-Fi network layout and options for future growth.
I spent about 9+hours at his house and left a 1am.

The total distance to his house: 51.7 mi (about 1 hour 9 mins) [And you remember the price of gasoline, right?]

I was paid with a check which bounced, $30 fee for me, and have been trying to collect ever since.

He has made 5 promises to pay and all has fallen though, each time saying i'll pay you next pay day which is about 2 weeks out. The communication has gotten abusive now towards me which has led me to this point.

As much research as I have done I know the law states to make every effort to contact the person towards a resolution. I have and it's exhausted.

I'm hoping a 'legal letter' would scare the ****** out of him and make him man up to pay.

This is where I am now. I don't know where else to turn now??

Thanks.
Old 12-11-06, 12:47 PM
milellie11
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RX469
Hello

Thanks for responding.

What i'm looking for is for someone to assit me with a situation i've exhausted in efforts to resolve.

I preformed a job for someone who -was- a friend last year, which involved installing & configuring a wireless network in his house. He told me to purchase the equipment and bill him for everything. Which I did. The total in parts: $363.89 Labor:$200.00
I also reformatted 2 HDDs; found and removed viruses & spyware; installed lots of drivers and tested them all; secured his network; provided a network diagram outlining his Wi-Fi network layout and options for future growth.
I spent about 9+hours at his house and left a 1am.

The total distance to his house: 51.7 mi (about 1 hour 9 mins) [And you remember the price of gasoline, right?]

I was paid with a check which bounced, $30 fee for me, and have been trying to collect ever since.

He has made 5 promises to pay and all has fallen though, each time saying i'll pay you next pay day which is about 2 weeks out. The communication has gotten abusive now towards me which has led me to this point.

As much research as I have done I know the law states to make every effort to contact the person towards a resolution. I have and it's exhausted.

I'm hoping a 'legal letter' would scare the ****** out of him and make him man up to pay.

This is where I am now. I don't know where else to turn now??

Thanks.

Won't you try taking them to small claims court in Maryland. Don't need a lawyer, and you can represent yourself. A private process server can serve the writ of summons for you to the individuals home. As long as the suit is less than $5,000. Here's a link for all the information you need to know: http://www.peoples-law.org/misc/small-claims/small.htm