Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

BMW Ultimate Driving Event 8/08 NYC

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-08, 08:00 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default BMW Ultimate Driving Event 8/08 NYC

Looking to get a head count of attendees for this free driving event... I will update this thread with more details when the date rolls around including registration info..

Here is more on the event..

Optimize your driving pleasure with one of three Ultimate Driving Experience® programs. Professional driving instructors help you master the skills you need to be a better, more confident driver. Learn about overall vehicle dynamics, navigating turns and most importantly, learn how to get as much joy as possible from the BMW driving experience.

Harness BMW power and performance and master the road with the Autocross Driving Program. Learn new skills and boost your confidence behind the wheel of the all-new X5 4.8i. You'll be rewarded with a finely-tuned appreciation for the art of handling a performance vehicle. This program will focus on three key comparisons:

Accident avoidance
Car Control / Braking
Competitive Comparison
Your day will kick off with a "chalk talk" from your professional BMW instructor. Together you'll review the fundamentals of vehicle dynamics and preview the skills to be mastered. Then you'll have the opportunity to experience the X5 on a specially-designed driving course.

TEENAGERS

There's only one way for a teenager to become a better driver: experience. As part of BMW's commitment to driver education, we offer the Student Driver Program to help your teenager drive with intelligence. Your 15 to 20-year-old student will get behind the wheel of a new X5 to learn the finer points of safe driving under the guidance of a BMW professional instructor. Students will learn key safety skills, including gauging the relationship between speed and stopping distances, braking, and accident-avoidance techniques. It's all about making your teen a safer, more confident driver.

The Ultimate Driving Experience™ also gives you the chance to drive some of your favorite BMW models while helping a worthy cause. As part of the BMW Ultimate Drive® supporting Susan G. Komen for the Cure, you can drive a wide variety of new BMWs, including the dynamic 3 Series Coupe, the exciting Z4 Roadster, and more.

For every mile you drive, BMW will donate $1 to breast cancer research, education and treatment. It's a great drive, with a greater purpose.
Old 05-06-08, 10:17 AM
chickenass
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds fun
Old 05-06-08, 11:25 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

^^ It is. At this event, you get an opportunity to drive these vehicles on the streets and highways.. You must follow the on board GPS.. This will take place at Belmont Racetrack in Elmont, Long Island just like last year.. Stay tuned..
Old 05-08-08, 12:33 AM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see you Sean

Don't you worry. I'll be there.
Old 05-08-08, 05:53 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
I see you Sean

Don't you worry. I'll be there.
Ha haa no doubt Sam! Great fun for the true auto enthusiast..

Here are pics from last year to give you guys an idea.. I am sure they will have some Lexus vehicles available to compare as they did last year...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ultimate+drive
Old 06-30-08, 07:11 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Sign up begins 8/26/08. Official sign-up sheet will be provided via link here. Here is an opportunity to autocross and drive on the streets & highways in a variety of BMW vehicles & compare them to vehicles from other manufacturers such as Lexus, Mercedes, & others which will also be available to drive.. Drinks & snacks will be available at the event.. Include your name on the list below if interested...

The Ultimate Driving Experience™ also gives you the chance to drive some of your favorite BMW models while helping a worthy cause. As part of the BMW Ultimate Drive® supporting Susan G. Komen for the Cure, you can drive a wide variety of new BMWs, including the dynamic 3 Series Coupe, the exciting Z4 Roadster, and more.

For every mile you drive, BMW will donate $1 to breast cancer research, education and treatment. It's a great drive, with a greater purpose. http://cms.komen.org/komen/index.htm
1. DASHOCKER
Old 06-30-08, 08:10 AM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sign me up!....

1. DASHOCKER
2. B.Diddy
Old 06-30-08, 08:20 AM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

You have to be 21 or older? Or 20 is fine to drive. If so count me in.
Old 06-30-08, 08:23 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Last year they wouldnt let me drive the 335 because I didnt follow their directions when driving the 750 right before. But they were too dumb to let my friend drive it, so I met up with him outside, and he let me drive it when he was finished with it, lol. You should've seen the dumb look on their faces when they realized that.
Old 07-01-08, 01:10 PM
Mr.Euro
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn 21 and older. i'll be there to watch i guess?

whoops. i just read it fully.

3.) mr.euro
Old 07-02-08, 08:39 AM
eman88
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Count me in......
Old 07-02-08, 03:38 PM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

nvm cant go anyways.. getting my 4 wisdom teeth pulled on the 7th lol gonna suck.
Old 07-02-08, 09:09 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

damn Andrew what u eat when u was young lol!
Old 07-02-08, 09:28 PM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

bottoms need to be removed cuz they comin in crooked and pushing the rest of my teeth forward. tops removed because bottom ones comin out. Ive never had cavities or braces tho before lol.
Old 07-03-08, 09:26 AM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver

sign me up!....

1. DASHOCKER
2. B.Diddy
3. djspawn00

Quick Reply: BMW Ultimate Driving Event 8/08 NYC