Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Taste of Lexus - NJ

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-08, 06:18 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wink Taste of Lexus - NJ

Went to the annual TOL event at Six Flags - Great Adventure in Jackson N.J. and this years event was much "smaller" but yet I felt it was better in some ways. I'll just briefly go through previous years (last two) and then this years differences:

Previous years:

1. Each individual "booth" that showed the design, performance, safety, etc. (all together 5-6 areas) was enclosed in it's own little building.

2. You got a smart card which allowed you to test almost every vehicle for as many times at you wanted to and that time allowed. You just needed to register a vehicle with a time (i.e. it's 2:00 and next appointment for IS350 is at 2:15 and you can't register for another until you've completed this appointment).

3. There were beverages thoughout the event and a small meal was served during the event.

4. Every vehicle was available for testing on a closed course.

This year

1. The 5-6 elements were still displayed, but it was downsized to about 1/2 of the size and each enclosed in a "tent" sort of setup, although the whole event was still within one "complex."

2. Same smart card, but you were only allowed one closed course test drive and one "street drive" where you actually went out to the street and drove on local and highway route. All the while following a lead car lead by a Lexus representative.

3. There were still beverages throughout (flavored water, coffee, tea) but only hor dourves were served, not a small meal.

4. The closed course only offered the IS (250 and 350), GS (350, 460, & H), while the street course offered the LS460L & H, RX350, and ES350.

Although on paper, the previous years might be better in terms of being able to test drive everything endlessly, there lied the issue. There were so many young people and probably not potential buyers per say, who would go and just drive everything. The lines were much longer and everything was closed course. This year, there was a mix of closed and open course on the street. The limit of two drives was good for us because it kept the lines short and fast. I was with my spouse, so I ended up getting two of each. So I had my take of the LS, RX, GS, and IS.

The meals previous years were nice, but I rather prefer the small hor dourves on the way and didn't need the meal.

Anyway, I enjoyed it and I think the next stop is Boston, so hope you Red Sox fans up there enjoy the event. It's downsized, but I think it's more correct size now.
Old 09-29-08, 05:31 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea it was pretty nice but, I was able to test drive on the closed course as many times as I pleased

I liked the grill they had set up a whole lot also.
Old 09-29-08, 07:08 AM
nyczzzjohn
Driver

you hit it on the spot. I was also allowed unlimited closed course drives, maybe because of the short lines yesterday.
Old 09-29-08, 05:00 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, I complained my dad was too slow on the closed course and we kept at it until I was satisfied
Old 09-29-08, 06:02 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Changed

Originally Posted by nyczzzjohn
you hit it on the spot. I was also allowed unlimited closed course drives, maybe because of the short lines yesterday.
Maybe they changed it on Sunday because the weather was not as good, but on Saturday, when I finished my one and one, I tried to register for another course both closed or outside and it showed something like "limited met." Oh well... lucky you guys, but I had enough with four drives.

Even last year when it was unlimited, I think I only did the IS350 twice, and the GS-H once and LS-H twice. It's too repetitive after a while, not matter how fun it is.
Old 09-30-08, 04:17 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Maybe they changed it on Sunday because the weather was not as good, but on Saturday, when I finished my one and one, I tried to register for another course both closed or outside and it showed something like "limited met." Oh well... lucky you guys, but I had enough with four drives.

Even last year when it was unlimited, I think I only did the IS350 twice, and the GS-H once and LS-H twice. It's too repetitive after a while, not matter how fun it is.
I didn't go back to the computers to register for another run, I just stood by the guy on the lines who gives you the cards and he just bleeped me in run after run. I almost got kicked out for turning my trac control off xD