Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Boston area Lexus Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-08, 08:57 AM
Btmnk21
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boston area Lexus Dealers

I have seen the Watertown stories, but does any one have information, tips, buying stories on other area dealers? Danvers, Norwood, Manchester (NH)?

If there is already a thread please redirect me, but I didn't see one.
Old 10-27-08, 09:05 AM
fatmike
Lead Lap

My family hasn't had a problem with Watertown. 4 Cars. But I have heard good things about Herb Chambers, although I'm really not a fan of HC mercedes.
Old 10-27-08, 09:05 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Btmnk21
I have seen the Watertown stories, but does any one have information, tips, buying stories on other area dealers? Danvers, Norwood, Manchester (NH)?

If there is already a thread please redirect me, but I didn't see one.
PM Gsoup, he picked up his LS430 from a dealer in Boston. It wasn't a Lexus dealer but he only dealt in high end cars and was a really nice experience overall when we went to pick it up.
Old 10-28-08, 10:40 AM
rosen39
Driver School Candidate

Tried to buy an RX350 last March at Herb Chambers, but they did not have a leftover 2008 that I wanted in stock. Watertown was all sold out, so I went to Lexus of Northborough. They are located a few miles west of Rt. 495 on Rt 9. It took a little longer to get to the dealership, but they took the time to locate the car that I wanted, and at a price we could both live with. It turned out, the service writer I had a Charles River Saab is working there now, and she is great. They all have the same coffee, muffins, and cookies in the lounge.
Old 11-05-08, 06:24 PM
triplecore
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

STAY AWAY FROM WATERTOWN AGAIN STAY AWAY FROM WATERTOWN. Please I beg you take the advice; even if the car is free their is probably some sneaky trick. Got to Herb Chamber Lexus I bought my car their and serviced this one as well as my old Lexus from Watertown their. There has been some problems no one is perfect; BUT THEY TAKE RESPONSIBILITY AND MAKE IT RIGHT and whether the really care at night and lose sleep I doubt; but they make it seem that way. So I am happy. the Herb Chamber network is great, we also bought/service our last two Mercedes from Flagship Mercedes its apart of Herb Chambers and no issues , but the Lexus dealer does accel when compared to Flagship for costumer service and enviroment.
Old 11-06-08, 10:40 AM
1989Lexus
Lexus Test Driver

^ some how... i cant disagree with triplecore.
Old 11-07-08, 07:05 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can speak to sales and service at Herb Chambers Lexus. Like any dealership, it all comes down to who you talk to. I bought my first Lexus from HC Lexus and finalized the deal through the sales manager. Everything went smooth and I got a good deal. A couple of years later, that sales manager left HC Lexus and went to Watertown.

My previous Lexus and current Lexus have always been serviced at HC Lexus (Formally Lexus of Nowood). I had a great relationship with a service writer named Brandi and the service manager named Mark. Brandi has since left HC of Norwood and is now a service manager at Watertown. She is extremely knowledgable. I now deal with a service writer named Ronni at HC Lexus and she too is great. Mark is still at HC Lexus and we continue to maintain a great working relationship. They know I do routine maintenance on my Lexus, and respect that. They don't try to tell me I can't do something and know that I will bring it to them if the job is out of my realm.

I have read horror stories about Watertown, but since some good people have gone to work there, maybe their reputation will improve. I can't speak first hand to their service or sales becasue I have not had to deal with them. Ira in Danvers, Inslip in RI, and Northborough are just too far for me to go. There is a rumor that HC Lexus will be opening a satallite location in Plymouth (which would be awesome for me), but I have yet to hear it from anyone at HC Lexus.

The best think I can say about HC Lexus is that the facility is the most incredible dealership I have ever seen. With the free cafe', internet, and lounge it makes waiting for service on site a pleasure.

I hope this helps.

steviej
Old 11-23-08, 11:35 AM
triplecore
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did all Mass Lexus dealers make the "Lexus Elite Dealer" even Watertown made it. Their most be some mistake! I think Lexus needs to allocate a certain numbers of dealer for the reward. Since all the dealers made the list; it does not mean much to me. Lexus needs to make their brand have a more upscale snob image because right now half the people I know think of Lexus as a nice Toyota or a poor mans German car.

ps. I think I have a vendetta against Watertown. lol
Old 11-23-08, 08:51 PM
1989Lexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by triplecore
How did all Mass Lexus dealers make the "Lexus Elite Dealer" even Watertown made it. Their most be some mistake! I think Lexus needs to allocate a certain numbers of dealer for the reward. Since all the dealers made the list; it does not mean much to me. Lexus needs to make their brand have a more upscale snob image because right now half the people I know think of Lexus as a nice Toyota or a poor mans German car.

ps. I think I have a vendetta against Watertown. lol

Youre not the only one who has a vendetta against Watertown. I will never buy a vehicle from them ever again.
Old 03-26-10, 10:32 AM
the.wong.k
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1989Lexus
Youre not the only one who has a vendetta against Watertown. I will never buy a vehicle from them ever again.
what seems to be wrong with watertown lexus? i am soo clueless even though the original owner of my is3 was from there
Old 03-26-10, 02:03 PM
fatmike
Lead Lap

I dunno. Haven't had problems since ~98. Since this post was made they have new management as well
Old 03-26-10, 04:50 PM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

Kinda an old thread here but what the hell. We've purchased our '03 and '10 Lexus's new from Danvers and they were a pleasure to deal with both times. Their staff was knowledgeable, polite and worked with us on whatever issue's/concerns arose.

However, I can't say the same for the Manchester where we bought the '01 used as well as initially the '10. Despite the fact that they're both under the same ownership the buying experience for us couldn't be more different. I've gone into detail the reasons why in another thread, but in conclusion I would advise you stay away from Manchester.
Old 03-26-10, 05:20 PM
adamsheehy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by the.wong.k
what seems to be wrong with watertown lexus? i am soo clueless even though the original owner of my is3 was from there
I've been there a bunch of times and have always been impressed with their service, but I know the car pretty well and can tell them exactly what I need and what I don't. I'm not sure if they've pulled shady stuff with customers in the past though. They've really stepped up their game recently and had agreed to do aftermarket work that nobody else would do for me at an awesome rate, but I decided to do it myself in the end. Never had a single problem and they've always bent over backwards, but this is just *my* experience with them.