Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

excellent ALIGNMENT places in NYC

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-09, 08:10 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the info..I'm will be going to Harry's alignment soon..
Old 01-25-09, 10:01 PM
SC1984
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you go to Harry's make sure you make an appointment. One time me and my friend went, he told us to make an appointment, he is always packed with customers, but he takes his time and does a great job.
Old 01-26-09, 09:38 PM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JBLU24
+1 for Harry
I run a taxi fleet around the block from him and take all my cars there and never need to go back
That place is always packed with cabs getting alignments.
Old 01-26-09, 09:39 PM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by One HoT
Thanks for the info..I'm will be going to Harry's alignment soon..
Let me know when. I need to go as well.
Old 01-29-09, 06:38 PM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

well it appears Harry will be getting a call from me tomorrow to schedule an appt. I will keep everyone posted on the outcome.. This may be our go to guy. Maybe he will be interested in a GD???? lol... I kid.. I kid...
Old 01-31-09, 03:34 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Harrys all the way, make sure you make an appointment.
Old 02-02-09, 06:32 AM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

So, on Friday morning called and spoke with Harry. Very nice gentleman and gave me an appt for 9:30am... Arrived at the shop and Harry greeted me kindly (first impression counts highly) and apologized he wouldn't be able to do my alignment, I proceeded to ask why? His reply: Your car is too low. It won't make it up the ramp. We both laughed and I asked if I could see the machine, maybe we can make it work. Now I am sitting on 17's TT wheels with Supra Eibach springs and when I looked at the alignment machine, it was the old school one where the ramps did an immediate steep incline.
Harry proceeded to recommend a shop on Northern Blvd and around 36th St, across from Pathmark. I couldn't make it to that shop so no input. However, I have a question to those that are dropped and have a body kit, HOW DID YOU MAKE IT UP THAT RAMP?
I was told by a member here, that many members with lowered SC's go to him but with Harry's advise, it seems doubtful.
Old 02-02-09, 02:17 PM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Luv2xl
So, on Friday morning called and spoke with Harry. Very nice gentleman and gave me an appt for 9:30am... Arrived at the shop and Harry greeted me kindly (first impression counts highly) and apologized he wouldn't be able to do my alignment, I proceeded to ask why? His reply: Your car is too low. It won't make it up the ramp. We both laughed and I asked if I could see the machine, maybe we can make it work. Now I am sitting on 17's TT wheels with Supra Eibach springs and when I looked at the alignment machine, it was the old school one where the ramps did an immediate steep incline.
Harry proceeded to recommend a shop on Northern Blvd and around 36th St, across from Pathmark. I couldn't make it to that shop so no input. However, I have a question to those that are dropped and have a body kit, HOW DID YOU MAKE IT UP THAT RAMP?
I was told by a member here, that many members with lowered SC's go to him but with Harry's advise, it seems doubtful.
I had l-tuned springs with 40 series tires on 19's tires. This is on a 2gs. I had no problems there.
I am now on 30 and 35s tires. I wonder if I'm now able to make it up on his ramp.
Old 04-02-09, 10:18 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

I went to Harry's today with my cousins 98SC with HKS coilovers dropped significantly..No dice, Harry refused to do any car lowered since his lift is on a STEEP incline..He claimed that he had to be responsible for a car previously because the owner insisted that his lowered car with fiberglass bumpers could make it on to his lift..To make a long story short, the car slipped off the lift and the bumper cracked, Harry had to be responible for his damages..Because of this previous experience, Harry refuse to do anymore lowered cars..Any lowered car or anything with a bodykit will not make it up his lift since it is so steep..Don't get me wrong, he was a nice guy but it was a total waste of my time...I was late for work because we had to drive all the way to 106th tire to get an alignment..We had to wait in line for an hour but 106 did a great job at the end so it was worth the extra drive..

I cannot recommend any lowered car especially one with a body kit since his lift is ridiculously steep..106 does an excellent job at an excellent price without the issues of clearance...I would definitely recommend 106 over Harry's if your car is heavily modded with a kit and drastically lowered...

I don't understand why everyone in this thread would recommend a shop where it doesn't accomodate lowered cars...As I understand it, the majority of cars here are lowered...I'm not bashing Harry's but going there was a total waste of my time..

Try elsewhere if your car is lowered..

Last edited by One HoT; 04-02-09 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-02-09, 10:30 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That sucks Dennis but since last time I've done an alignment 2 weeks ago I dropped the car another half inch so I won't be able to clear the alignment lift at my mechanic. Plus had trouble getting a proper alignment at 106 so I am not going back to them. It is back to the drawing board for me to find a good alignment spot.
Old 04-02-09, 11:03 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

106 is good, but it really depends which technician you get..Some technicians speak no english, but the one that worked on our car spoke perfect english and was compenent in the field..When we had a question, he answered confidently and told us how the issue was resolved..As a result, the car drove straight and we were completely satisified with the alignment..There are certain aspects of 106 that I don't like but this was a positive experience overall...
Old 04-10-09, 09:03 AM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CamberToe in Lynbrook (next to toyota dealership) does great work. They did the alignment on my Supra. I highly recommend.
Old 04-14-09, 02:43 PM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by B.Diddy
CamberToe in Lynbrook (next to toyota dealership) does great work. They did the alignment on my Supra. I highly recommend.
QFT..

I forgot about this thread. Sorry folks. Went to Camber Toe and Sing (hope I spelled his name right) did an excellent job on my car. He even broke it down how I should adjust the alignment to accommodate my driving (I take turns hard, according to the outer tread).

After Sing, put my car on his lift, he was able to show me on screen the current position (mess) of my previous alignment done at 106. And not to my surprise, the TOE was WAY OFF. In the end, Sing did corrected my alignment and the car felt sturdy once more. I felt confident taking turns at high speeds again.

Camber toe for me from here on in....

-Jae
Old 04-14-09, 04:23 PM
qqfob
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Jae, thanks Rich, glad you're both very satisfied.

Looking foward to seeing you guys again this season at meets and events.

Take very good care.

Sin
Camber Toe
659 Merrick Rd.
Lynbrook, NY 11563
516 872 6400
Old 04-14-09, 07:56 PM
Li Ls4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by qqfob
Sin
Camber Toe
659 Merrick Rd.
Lynbrook, NY 11563
516 872 6400
any1 no if they can fit the machine on a car wit 22s on it and not damage the lip either?

Quick Reply: excellent ALIGNMENT places in NYC