Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

excellent ALIGNMENT places in NYC

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-09, 10:11 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Luv2xl
QFT..

I forgot about this thread. Sorry folks. Went to Camber Toe and Sing (hope I spelled his name right) did an excellent job on my car. He even broke it down how I should adjust the alignment to accommodate my driving (I take turns hard, according to the outer tread).

After Sing, put my car on his lift, he was able to show me on screen the current position (mess) of my previous alignment done at 106. And not to my surprise, the TOE was WAY OFF. In the end, Sing did corrected my alignment and the car felt sturdy once more. I felt confident taking turns at high speeds again.

Camber toe for me from here on in....

-Jae
I have a couple of questions;

Is your car lowered? Do you think a car that is lowered and with a fiberglass bodykit will have an issue going on this lift?

How much did the alignment cost you? Did you have to make an appointment?
Old 04-15-09, 10:23 AM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by One HoT
I have a couple of questions;

Is your car lowered? Do you think a car that is lowered and with a fiberglass bodykit will have an issue going on this lift?

How much did the alignment cost you? Did you have to make an appointment?

My car is lowered, not slammed but lowered.. You may encounter an issue due to the kit, HOWEVER they do have ramps they can use to make the drive onto the machine easier/possible.

You do have to make an appointment and the cost was around $120 or so and for the use of the ramps is another $30 or so. At first I was taken back with the cost but once my car was on the lift and he started to work on it, the price for good work was definitely worth it.

Sin, deals with lowered cars for all purposes on a regular basis. I am sure he can help you out. Give him a call and set up an appointment. If he doesn't feel comfortable doing it he will let you know. A standup guy, indeed.

-Jae
Old 04-16-09, 11:16 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for the info Luv2xl!
Old 04-19-09, 12:26 AM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to Harry's today, nice honest guy.
Old 04-21-09, 07:57 AM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the info Luv2xl!
not a problem.. let us know how it goes for you...
Old 05-02-09, 10:06 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

i might have to hit up Camber Toe..
Old 05-03-09, 11:10 AM
gs4004gs
Pole Position

I went to Camber Toe Saturday. Sin is a real nice guy and did his best but was not successful in solving my wheel shake @55 problem or my brake clunking noise. I do feel more comfy in that he looked over the front end and gave it a clean bill of health.

In all fairness he said he want's me to bring it back it's just not that easy for me to get it to him since the wife rarely gets home before 8pm.
Old 05-04-09, 10:05 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

went to the NEW 106th street tire and wheel on Queens Blvd - located across the street from Pop diner, I believe it is 51st ave and Queens Blvd. Ask for Abraham. He seems knowledgable and speaks good english (my complaint when going to 106th street tire and wheel at the original location).
Old 05-04-09, 07:14 PM
davidv433
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gs4004gs
I went to Camber Toe Saturday. Sin is a real nice guy and did his best but was not successful in solving my wheel shake @55 problem or my brake clunking noise. I do feel more comfy in that he looked over the front end and gave it a clean bill of health.

In all fairness he said he want's me to bring it back it's just not that easy for me to get it to him since the wife rarely gets home before 8pm.
does the wheels shake when u apply the brakes or when you're just driving. and mine had a clunking noise before too when i hit the brakes, try changing your sway bar bushings.
Old 05-04-09, 09:46 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

I ended up going to the original 106th tire on Northern Blvd because I dealt with them many times before and I have not had any issues with their alignments..Its a real convenience to be able to drive onto their lift without worrying about damaging my overpriced JDM body kit..

To make a long story short, the technician did an excellent job..The car drives true and straight with no issues what so ever..The car drives much better in all aspects; handling including braking have improved significantly, the car accelerates instanteously due to improved traction, tire contact to the road is even, and the car corners more leveled..Due to the much improved handling, I enjoy driving my car more than before..

The technician there did understand english but was not completely fluent..Sometimes I had to repeat myself for him to understand..But otherwise, he is completely competent tuning my suspension, and took his time to make sure everything was completely on point. Not to mention an alignment there is only 45 dollars compared to other more pricer places. Most of the time I would pay more for someone to work on my car but in this case the job was more than adequate. Because I saved a bit of money I ended up giving the tech a good tip. Both parties were happy at the end which makes a good transaction.

I'm extremely picky with who works on my car and I would not recommend a shop that does shotty work...I can attest that 106 does good alignment work and I would not be hesitant to bring my car to them again..

Last edited by One HoT; 05-04-09 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05-05-09, 06:20 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The wheel shaking @55mph could be attributed to tire balancing.. Have your tires balanced at Mavis Tire on Hempstead TPK. in Elmont and I bet your shake will be gone..

Does the brake clunking only occur at low speed? If so it is normal for you to hear it up front even with the shim kit in place.
Old 05-05-09, 07:16 AM
gs4004gs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
The wheel shaking @55mph could be attributed to tire balancing.. Have your tires balanced at Mavis Tire on Hempstead TPK. in Elmont and I bet your shake will be gone..

Does the brake clunking only occur at low speed? If so it is normal for you to hear it up front even with the shim kit in place.
DA.. if you remember my original thread I had taken the car to Mavis and the wheel shake was better (not perfect) for a while. It started to come back although not all that bad. Sin did balance all four tires again and now the shake is worse than it ever was.

Yes... only at low speed. Whoever had installed the brakes was an idiot and not only twisted a line but left all the shims off.
Old 05-15-09, 06:29 PM
qqfob
Driver School Candidate

Sorry man, I definitely need more time to find that problem. I have a few ideas about the shake, I also know how to fix your brake noise problem. Please come by whenever you can and if it's not too much work this time the labor is on me.

Sin
Old 05-15-09, 06:31 PM
qqfob
Driver School Candidate

The shaking problem is not wheels, as I am confident in our wheel balancer. You also said there was a problem even with your old wheels. I will have to look into the drive shaft, axles, and the wheel bearings.
Old 05-18-09, 05:23 AM
1FSTV8
Driver

Default Does 106th do alignment with Rims on ?

I ended up going to the original 106th tire on Northern Blvd because I dealt with them many times before and I have not had any issues with their alignments..Its a real convenience to be able to drive onto their lift without worrying about damaging my overpriced JDM body kit..

To make a long story short, the technician did an excellent job..The car drives true and straight with no issues what so ever..The car drives much better in all aspects; handling including braking have improved significantly, the car accelerates instanteously due to improved traction, tire contact to the road is even, and the car corners more leveled..Due to the much improved handling, I enjoy driving my car more than before..

The technician there did understand english but was not completely fluent..Sometimes I had to repeat myself for him to understand..But otherwise, he is completely competent tuning my suspension, and took his time to make sure everything was completely on point. Not to mention an alignment there is only 45 dollars compared to other more pricer places. Most of the time I would pay more for someone to work on my car but in this case the job was more than adequate. Because I saved a bit of money I ended up giving the tech a good tip. Both parties were happy at the end which makes a good transaction.

I'm extremely picky with who works on my car and I would not recommend a shop that does shotty work...I can attest that 106 does good alignment work and I would not be hesitant to bring my car to them again..
Dennis do they do the alignment with rims on your car? No shop will touch my car with the 19" rims.

Quick Reply: excellent ALIGNMENT places in NYC