Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Yellow NY tags

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-10, 07:45 AM
Pipe
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In to the DMV this morning and now they asking me for a frikin bill of sale which I don't have, I'm just gonna have somone write on a piece of paper saying they sold me the car .What's funny I always put I paid $100 bucks for my cars lmao!!!
Old 05-03-10, 08:03 AM
antisd3ad
Pole Position

i dont think a piece of paper will help lol. i think u need the yellow bill of sale form if im not mistaken
Old 05-03-10, 09:34 AM
Pipe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by antisd3ad
i dont think a piece of paper will help lol. i think u need the yellow bill of sale form if im not mistaken
Every car I sold I've never given anyone a paper like that , I sold 2 cars last month and I didn't give any bill of sale to anyone,I just told em if they got any problems il help em out I even kept there numbers just incase. Now I don't know what to do.
Old 05-03-10, 10:43 AM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hand written bill of sale will suffice.
Old 05-03-10, 03:40 PM
Pipe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 96SC4
hand written bill of sale will suffice.
I no longer have the previous owners number anymore, Il prob have to batch one up myself cross my fingers and toes and see what happens.
Old 05-03-10, 05:37 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i have my old plates from when I got custom plates. Can I reuse them when/if I switch back?
Old 05-03-10, 06:09 PM
antisd3ad
Pole Position

idk. theyre very undecided on what theyre doing with the old plates. some dmv companys (not the dmv themselves) are still giving out the old plates till there stock runs out but i havent heard anything about transfers yet
Old 05-03-10, 09:07 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Only a blind idiot would approve these ugly plates.....they r beyond gross.

Thanks to our gov.
Old 05-03-10, 09:26 PM
antisd3ad
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Only a blind idiot would approve these ugly plates.....they r beyond gross.

Thanks to our gov.
i have a friend who just bought a gray g6 and has these horrible plates on them. i commented on it and was like "ah **** these plates suck! they ruin the look of ur car" (i dont like the car anyway but i didnt want him to feel lik ****) and he was telling me how he loves these new plates and how compared to the old plates he thinks theyre 100% nicer. i was like ".....what!?"
Old 05-03-10, 10:09 PM
Pipe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by antisd3ad
i have a friend who just bought a gray g6 and has these horrible plates on them. i commented on it and was like "ah **** these plates suck! they ruin the look of ur car" (i dont like the car anyway but i didnt want him to feel lik ****) and he was telling me how he loves these new plates and how compared to the old plates he thinks theyre 100% nicer. i was like ".....what!?"
I just hope that it's temporary big word "HOPE", I think ya boy a Paterson has the same problem hahahahahaha!!!
Old 05-05-10, 06:01 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Basically, it will cost EVERYONE of NYS at some point or another to buy these new plates. That's extra cashflow for the State...which they needed.

New plates were NOT necessary for the public...it's like a government scam...just imposing another charge for something not needed.
Old 05-05-10, 06:17 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My thoughts exactly Rock Ugh, state and local government at it's best
Old 05-05-10, 08:02 AM
mr3gs300
Lexus Test Driver

they sorta look like retro plates way back like in the 60's- 70's they were that ugly yellow when I first saw these now I thought it they were some out of state plate then I was parked behind one and saw it said new york on top and thought wat is dat is that a yellow cover then realized nooooo its the new plates lucky for me I have mine registered in conneticut
Old 05-05-10, 08:16 AM
mr3gs300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Pipe
I asked him this evening and he told me they already started using the Yellow plates, He works at the Cadilac in Smithtown. Dude i'm now coming to terms that I'm gonna have put them ugly assed plates on my car,but I've already came up with the idea of getting personal tags ( Dale Ernheart editions) there black n white.
yeah I just recently seen that plate that the plate to get it would really pop on a white or black car
Old 05-05-10, 03:03 PM
Pipe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mr3gs300
yeah I just recently seen that plate that the plate to get it would really pop on a white or black car
I know what you mean but i refuse to keep then ugly SCHOOL BUS plates on my ride!!

Quick Reply: Yellow NY tags