Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Heading to NYC in Sept

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-10, 11:49 PM
duby1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heading to NYC in Sept

Wondering where's the hot/hip/scenester clubs and lounges are at in the city???
Old 05-08-10, 12:07 AM
neojungle1
Lexus Test Driver

fine a copy of the village voice(free paper ) New York time out they have all the skinny whats happing in the big apple,,,to be honest there so much things to do see and experience you have to comeback twice ,S*** i live here and i still can choose what i want sometime
Old 05-19-10, 09:58 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

hotel gansevoort aka Plunge in the meat packing district..(small lounge at the top of a hotel with rooftop feel)....675 bar in meat packing district..gaslight bar (across the street from hotel gansevoort/plunge) is pretty good..a lotta hot girls (usually hot *** white girls) are in meat packing esp when there is nice weather. I hear Mansion & Marquee are hot but hard to get into unless u have (good looking) girls with u n its expensive (celebs been spotted there).

AVOID those mainstream clubs around Times Square, ull get killed with cover at the entrance like $25-30+. (note that alota spots in meat packing will charge cover at door, but not ridiculous prices like those in times square where all the foreigners are at)

Fat Baby on Rivington and Essex (Lower East Side) is an old favorite-small dark lounge but can be poppin n is somewhat "hipster"-ish, I used to go there a lot when i was like 21 (but the crowd was somewhat older ~26 years old more or less.

If you are into asian girls (which im not that into cuz i want bigger T&A) LOL, there is a place called Park on 19th st and 11th ave? which is a lounge with an upstairs dancefloor.....Other asian place is called HIRO which is more diverse in population than Park...that place is a lounge with a BIG center dancefloor. Went to a couple good parties there in past years.

To left of the same building HIRO is on, is Maritime Hotel, which is a nice lounge with decent music. Friend had a bday there a couple years back.

230 Fifth Rooftop Lounge...had a bday party here 2 years back...Nice rooftop where u can get red hugh hefner style robes if its cold n also nice lounge on the first floor..music maybe be low or bumpin depending on the night.

You should go chill around 14th street/Union Square area..(not a party spot but there are lounges/bars around there kinda)....always young people out there chillin (its kinda like a park area but not really-no grass all concrete). People r just chillin, sittin on the concrete, talkn, skateboarders doin there thing, maybe sometimes even bboys dancing n ******....You can approach girls, relax, or whatever u wanna do there...

Hmm there are so many spots in NYC honestly....I never really party outside Manhattan, but i hear Brooklyn is poppin. Uptown (Harlem) n Bronx has its moments, but more house parties in my experience. Gotta love those hot spanish mami's from BX n Uptown. Cant forget about Queens, but i cant name any off the top of my head cept.. Fay Rooz: is a nice, cheap hookah spot in Queens that always got a hip crowd and pretty good music.

o yeh in manhattan there is this spot called Le Souk, which is from what i hear the most famous hookah spot in nyc but its expensive. My boy had a bday party there last year n it was crazy.

PS IMO i think Meat Packing has one of the best party scenes (im judging by the amount of hot girls and how much success i've had there)..Dress up nice if u go there, n go with hot girls if you can lol..if they arent hot girls, more girls than guys...It's never a good look to be rolling with a squad or dudes..no more than 2 if you have no girls with you (in meat packing) and if you have 3 dudes n no girls ur pretty much screwed!, 2:1 girl to guy ratio is the best way to do it if possible! Honestly dress nice wherever u go cuz bouncers can be d1cks.

This is all coming from a fly 24 year old that knows how to party and get down n give these ladies da business! hahahah hopefully this little post helps u in your future endeavors in NYC.

this brought back memories and makes me wanna party in NYC this weekend! woooooo!

Update: went to Hotel Gansevoort/Plunge last weekend and it was renovated and almost impossible to get into even though I know the bouncer! (i was with my friend and we picked up random chicks from the street. Unfortunately he picked up a chick that was kinda busted and the plan back fired!) Must bring hot girl with you if you want to get in there or u might have to buy a bottle! Although this was in Late May/June...may be different in september but i still highly recommend this place

Last edited by Lex Luga; 06-01-10 at 11:05 PM. Reason: update