Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

NORTHEAST CL Meet in NY.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-02, 07:41 AM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

wait a minute.. i wasn't followin this thread last few days..

so we meetin at brooklyn then drivin to LOM and then going to Long Island passing by brooklyn again??

that makes no sense..

wouldn't that be easier just to go to that "Import Expression" from brooklyn and then go to LOM? it'd save us at least an hour and a half of driving back and forth.

what's "Import Expression" anyway?
Old 08-05-02, 08:54 AM
surge1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry... for the post, it was irrelevant

Last edited by surge1; 08-06-02 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-05-02, 09:11 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Future,

Let all the guys from around Brooklyn area meet at the old Navel Base and make there moves to LOM.. And lets all meet there... Because if you think about it, we are going to pass LOM to go to Brooklyn and then have to drive back there... I think it is too much unnecessary driving.... Now if we were going to hang there for the day or something it would be no problem, but I think Johnny is right..... Us guys from around this way should meet up at the mobil on the Hutch and meet up with everybody at LOM.... It is pretty pointless for us to drive out to Brooklyn just to have us back to Manhattan.......

Mike..
Old 08-05-02, 09:38 AM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

arghhh, damn u people, i wanna actually meet some of you not drive around with you, hopefully there will be anough prking at the colliseum so i can take pics and stuff.
Thats fine then North of LOM we meet at Mobil, South of their meet at Naval Base,

By the way how we gonna park all these cars at LOM, there is no parking.
Old 08-05-02, 10:02 AM
RX300TC
Pole Position

I have to agree... being on LI, I have no desire to drive into NYC and then drive back home or to the NC.

Plus, I've never heard good things about LOM, and you can throw LO Bayridge into that group also. Two places I will always avoid for service.

just my 2-cents....
Old 08-05-02, 10:39 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I SAY...

SCREW LOM....We're gonna be in three hours traffic.....

plus once we get there...I'm sorry....There's NOWHERE to park!
Old 08-05-02, 12:29 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GS4fun
I SAY...

SCREW LOM....We're gonna be in three hours traffic.....

plus once we get there...I'm sorry....There's NOWHERE to park!
You going????
Old 08-05-02, 01:48 PM
alexus
Pole Position

i think we just plan way too many events on one meet.. i thought that we just goin meet at floyd bennett field and stay there.. show cars to each other.. talk.. maybe go eat somewhere after that.. bbq would be the perfect choice.. but now when we have lots of people going everyone puting their 2 cents and that makes things complicated.. how about just meet at floyd bennett field and stay there? and not go anywhere.. or if we will not too far no LOM.. no traffic, no parking.. I was telling you that all along.. if we going go to manhattan then people wont be able to park anywhere and I know lots of people IM me and told me that they'll come to brooklyn (floyd bennett field) and thats it .. after rest of us was suppose to go to manhattan they'd part and go home or whatever.. and you want to know why? 'cause no one wants to sit in the traffic or look for parking where there is no parking for even one car.. and definitely not for 20 cars! it's insane!
Old 08-05-02, 02:01 PM
SharpLS-96
Lexus Champion

Why don't you guys just meet in Queens at a central point in a park where you can bbq. Alley Pond Park, Cunningham Park, Forest Hills Park etc. All are hugh parks with plenty of parking and nice surroundings and forget meeting at a dealership IMO.

Astoria Park under the Tribourgh bridge is another idea or Whitestone Park under the Whitestone bridge.

Jones beach is another idea where you get it all.....cars, hot babes, food at the consession stands and the ocean to cool off afterwards from looking at the hot girls oops I mean the hot cars. :eek:

Last edited by SharpLS-96; 08-05-02 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-05-02, 02:46 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Well, Johnny already set it up at LOM... So I think we owe him atleast to stop by over there... As for traffic I don't think we'll be sitting in it for that long.. If we are going to make moves out to NC lets all just meet up at LOM and then break out to Long Island.... A1, you gather your crowd at Floyd Bennett field.. We'll gather up at Mobil on the Hutch.. Then we all meet up over at LOM then we just break out... Some of us won't even have to leave our cars... Everyone else who doesn't want to come in from LI just to drive back, meet us at NC just make sure someone has your cell numbers.... Now we really have to decide because we are a few days away.... I didn't even put my car in the bodyshop to have my bodykit installed just incase it wouldn't be ready by Saturday morning ...... You see I sacrificed for this meet. Lets just do this
Old 08-05-02, 03:21 PM
alexus
Pole Position

crowed? it's more like gang

anyway.. last time i remember we set 1pm at floyd bennett field.. is everyone still up for that? or we decided to make it earlier?
Old 08-05-02, 03:22 PM
alexus
Pole Position

it'd be nice if we had list of folks who's comin.. and especially the one who's going come to floyd bennett field so that I know i wont be there alone all by myself
Old 08-05-02, 04:14 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by futuregs

You going????
Well although the RED GS has been severely unMODed due to its soon to be sold status...Its still pretty! The blue GS is still in the body shop and will be so for a while. I dont feel comfortable bringing anything else but Lexus brand... ...to this meet.

Futuregs...I can show you those HRE's one more time...
Old 08-05-02, 07:15 PM
alexus
Pole Position

guys

check this out

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=54185
Old 08-05-02, 07:25 PM
LexRoc
Lead Lap

Heres my .02

We are only a few days from the "big day" I think we really need to have a solid plan in place so we are not confused as to what the plans are. Personally, I agree with what someone else said...we are trying to pack so many "events" into a short time. I'd rather just get to know some of you guys, BS, have a dog and a brew, take some pics, and just admire all of our rides. I say this, because in my group of friends, no one has a Lex, and has no idea what Im talking about when I talk about my baby. They just think im nuts So at least I can get to chat and meet some other people with the similar interests. Also, while its nice to go to LoM, and show support, there is no parking, and what do we accomplish by going there??......lets show support by purchasing things from them...whether it be mods, or refer people looking to buy a new Lexus. I think its going to take away from our day if we head over there. As for NC, its a great idea. Theres even Eisenhower Park nearby which would provide an excellent backdrop for some pics. There is even a Hooters over there....that would be cool to get some Hooter girls to pose with our Lex's. Someone even mentioned Jones Beach....that is a good idea too....I just think that we need to narrow down what we as a group want to do, get a game plan, and do it. Thanks for letting me rant a bit

Rob

Quick Reply: NORTHEAST CL Meet in NY.....