Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

FBF OCT 12th 02

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-02, 02:25 AM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine was the 2002 black rx300, with stock chrome rims. i was parked along the railing in a huge puddle. i couldnt even open the hatch really. but i know two or three people caught a peek of my triple audiobahn 12'' subs with chrome grills.
i havnt really done any extreme mods to my truck, although i think ive done some pretty crazy stuff considering it;s LEASED.
mods already done:
1)custom home made air intake with ram air tube running through front bumper
2) 4 neon tubes under dash and rear seats
3) underbody neon kit, (all blue neons) and all neons beat to the music
4) custom made plexi console plate with 5 switches (for neons strobes etc)
5) 6 mini strobes behind lexus symbol in grill
6) triple 12'' audiobahn black leather sub box, and chrome amp, 4 gauge wire etc
7) 5.6'' tv custom mounted in overhead dome light, dvd ps1 etc
8) two 5.6'' tv's in headrest, curtosy of sypher
9) and some other random things

future mods comming real soon:
01) already made just waiting to put it into my truck.... custom made 3/4' mdf box covered in black leather to mount over sub box. it will house the amp, dvd, PS1, distribution blocks etc. and each piece of equip will light up with blue neons.
1) AV switcher for all tvs;
2) two 5'' sunvisor tvs
3) maybe a rear view monitor in the rear view mirror.
4) relocate overhead tv to the center console
5) two more 5'' mobile tv tv's from my friend. (he;s giving them to me for nothing praticaly) so need some ideas where i can put them
6) then eventually 255/65/16 pirelli scorpion tires
7) full proffesional strobes like kando's GS at the meet. (you inspired me to get them)

so hopefull i can have a total of 8 tvs' which will be insane, maybe too much.

so not bad for a leased lex. wish i had the gs though. and bought. then ud see some insane stuff id want to do.
Old 10-14-02, 03:46 AM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

heh go back to lexus dealership and ask 'em to ..

sometimes they can work out some sort of deal.. this way you can get your gs and not finish payin for your rx
Old 10-14-02, 09:04 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by alexus
for future notice..

PM me fo my phone number..

i'll be definatly on any/every meet there is .. close by at least .. so you can always call me and ask where the heck am i

or another solution

DO NOT BE LATE! AT LEAST NOT FOR TWO HOURS!

heh

that should do it
for the next meet I will post my cell number for contact.
Old 10-14-02, 09:04 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Lexus of Manhattan
Sounds like you all had a nice time. let's see to possibly make something on a Sunday, I am never able to make it on Saturday's due to religious observance. I will also speak with my GM about LOM sponsorship, as well as possibly raffling off some things. Let me know, and I'll let you know. thanks!
Eddie
next meet will be on sunday.
Old 10-14-02, 09:05 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by BkLexZ
The moved meet was great at the Kings Plaza Mall Parking Lot, but we should do another one soon and do as the park ranger told us get a permit they can put up a tent for us or we can reserve a building that they have which I figure is like warehouse which will be great for this event. Nice meeting all the members.Lets make sure that the weather is nice and get an even bigger turn out. VSSC400 organize one more.
Surely will.

I will contact the FBF office for a indoor space if possible.

Last edited by VSsc400; 10-14-02 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10-14-02, 09:06 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Blackmarket
Damn. I feel bad now. I could not have come any ealier though. I had to take SATs and they finished at 12:40. Whatever. Lets have another meet in two weeks or so.

This was my fault for not leaving you guys with my number. It will not happen again. I will be more thorough next time.
Old 10-14-02, 09:09 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Sam Khoury
Not to beat a dead horse, but I was there at about 1:35 or 1:40. I had to run a couple of errands before I could go there and then the weather created some really nice traffic. Anyway, it would have been nice if somebody had made a trip back to FBF every half and hour to look for people who showed up there, especially considering how many flyers were handed out by people. I think we should go with EWilson's suggestion to use one of the airplane hangers the next time there is a weather problem. And we should have all had the phone numbers of key people to call in case of a problem. Another way this could have been prevented would have been to call someone to post up on this thread that you moved to Kings Plaza parking lot. We called people to go online for us and look at the thread for information but there was nothing there. I guess we can keep these things in mind for future meets.

so sorry for all the troubles. Parking garage had some work being done and was very congested and was hell just getting out of the garage even around 5pm when I left. We will try to make the meet more orgnized. I appologize in behalf and we WILL make it better... this was our only second meet.
Old 10-14-02, 09:13 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

i posted pictures of every car that made it to kings plaza. Once I'm done rubbing out all the plate number I will post the pics.
Old 10-14-02, 11:35 AM
Kendu14
Rookie

Thumbs up

Hey glad to have met all you guys..The rain sure made it not to enjoyable ,but i was happy to meet everyone. And DJ Sprinkles i saw what you got in that RX 300 it is coming along great and now that you got the headrest monitor from Mr Sypher, it should be of the hook the next time i see it.
Old 10-14-02, 02:11 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VSsc400, thanks for all the work you put into this event. EWilson mentioned that the people that have BMW meets at FBF sometimes use the airplane hangers when the weather is bad but I'm not sure if they notify FBF ahead of time. Maybe he could post some additional info.

I know that Lexus of Manhattan indicated that they'd like to sponsor another one on a Sunday and if we want to do before it gets too cold then we need to start thinking about some dates. Sunday October 27th and Sunday November 10th, 17th, 24th are possibilities. November 3rd is not an option because many roads will be closed for the New York City Marathon so we shouldn't consider that day. Obviously the longer we wait, the colder it will get. Monday, November 11th is Veterans day which some people like myself might have off. I'm not sure if that makes November 10th a more or less attractive date. The 24th is the Sunday before Thanksgiving so I'm not sure how good that date is either. I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

Last edited by Sam Khoury; 10-14-02 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-14-02, 02:34 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

i saw the interest by lexus of manhattan. I posted another possible date as December 1 but thats up fro grabs. I have contacted FBF already and I am waiting for an answer back.
Old 10-14-02, 02:36 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

sunday nov 10th seems like a good idea. heres why: most people might have off on monday,
it gives us a few weeks to organize another one,
but not too much time bc then it gets colder.
and the other dates are either one,,,, way way too close. (oct27th) or too close to thanksgiving.

anyway i vote for nov 10th or maybe maybe possibly the 17th as my second choice.
Old 10-14-02, 02:38 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

oh i just saw dec 1st. hey dec 2nd is my bday! lol. uhm dec 1st is a possibilty too. thats sounds ok
Old 10-14-02, 03:09 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

i'm going to FBF quite often, so i'll find out if we can use hangar next time
Old 10-14-02, 03:33 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by alexus
i'm going to FBF quite often, so i'll find out if we can use hangar next time

already called them. they are closed today. I'll call back tomorrow. I think we can use one of the hangars.

Quick Reply: FBF OCT 12th 02