Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

FBF OCT 12th 02

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-02, 06:30 PM
sxylxy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL, damn, funny funny guys... rank on the poor kid's car with the crappy thermostat! Anyway, I've got a bunch of pics, but i've choosin a couple that may sprout some interest as well as a bit of jealousy, LOL, the *** one goes out to you gs430 guy, lol, who the hell takes pictures from the front anyway?! LOL
Attached Thumbnails FBF OCT 12th 02-dscf00212.jpg  
Old 10-16-02, 06:32 PM
sxylxy
Lead Lap

Yup, she's real... this pictures not.. but she is, lol, j/k
Attached Thumbnails FBF OCT 12th 02-dscf00171.jpg  
Old 10-16-02, 08:11 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Nice pic Pete....
Old 10-17-02, 12:57 AM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Pete,

LOL! Nice rear shot, I tell ya the hell with the front shots. Let everyone fight for front shots, while you have a clear unobstructed rear view. Great pic BTW
Old 10-17-02, 10:56 PM
sxylxy
Lead Lap

Unhappy

On a very very sad note tonight... I think I'll be down and out for a while guys, while i work my *** off for the next month or two and try to gather enough money for a new engine. Come to find out, the head gasket blew while the car was steamin, or somewhere in between... and gasket's with service is about $1500! A used engine with installation, I'm told, will run around 2 grand, sounds like a better deal to me. Either way, I'm screwed and hopefully I'll cya everyone will still be safe and enjoyin their lexo's whenever the hell I get back to these forums, see everyone around!
Old 10-17-02, 11:56 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

guys guys!

while i was putin black pearl emblems on my car i met some other dude on hooked gs who apparantly did not know anything about CL .. but he said he knows other folks .. about 15 people or so.... so they'll be joinin us on next club lexus meet
Old 10-18-02, 12:34 AM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Pete,

Sorry to hear that bro. Good luck getting the funds together. Now whose car is going to overheat at the next meet? HAHA! Least it's winter coming up though, could be worse if it was the summer and you wanted to drive around in ya ride. Keep us updated though.
Old 10-18-02, 10:14 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by sxylxy
On a very very sad note tonight... I think I'll be down and out for a while guys, while i work my *** off for the next month or two and try to gather enough money for a new engine. Come to find out, the head gasket blew while the car was steamin, or somewhere in between... and gasket's with service is about $1500! A used engine with installation, I'm told, will run around 2 grand, sounds like a better deal to me. Either way, I'm screwed and hopefully I'll cya everyone will still be safe and enjoyin their lexo's whenever the hell I get back to these forums, see everyone around!
you can get a stock headgasket for around 65 bucks @ lexus parts mall.

YOu can get a SCE copper jacket head gasket for around 200 bucks... head gasket installation on my 4-banger turbo talon cost about 100 bucks so I can't see it being more than 300 bucks for the install... your total cost = 165 to 500 bucks at the most. Not this saturday but the saturday after I'm going down to my guys at a shop. I'll ask him to look at my car and let me know what he would charge to change the head gasket.
Old 10-18-02, 10:56 AM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by alexus
guys guys!

while i was putin black pearl emblems on my car i met some other dude on hooked gs who apparantly did not know anything about CL .. but he said he knows other folks .. about 15 people or so.... so they'll be joinin us on next club lexus meet
Cool Alexus, the more the merrier.
Old 10-18-02, 07:09 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Pete, if you want I can have my man over here put everything in for you for almost nothing...
Old 10-18-02, 09:33 PM
sxylxy
Lead Lap

Well guys, it was 2600, the dealer quote i got, $400 for gaskets, and the rest for labor. So... I pulled out my nice repair manual and I'm makin great time! I'm down just above the cam's and should be near the head gaskets within a couple hours! Now I've never really done this before, but me and a buddy of mine who's got a little car knowledge are doin ok. Also changing all the hoses, coolant tank, sensor's, etc. Thanks guys, but so far so good, so we'll see how it comes out. I'm gonna be in the garage all weekend if that's what it takes, and hopefully by next week sometime I'll but my baby-gurl back together and it'll be good as new. I'll keep you guys updated, thanks again! Oh.. by the way.. next meet... lets get some racin goin!!! Maybe I'll get to tow my car home this time, lol
Old 10-18-02, 10:12 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah I was going to say.... You really shouldn't race that SC of yours.. I'd be very careful with your Lex from here on out...
Old 10-18-02, 11:37 PM
Lexozz
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn Sxylxy!

Sorry to hear about that man, what a hard blow! Now you need 2 bottles of antifreeze, one for I95S and one for I95N....lol :eek: , but on serious note I hope everything works out, I'm sure it will. When your finish with the job, pls clean your engine dude and take it easy your're not driving a Hyundia...Good Luck!
Old 10-20-02, 06:57 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

whats up everyone!i been mia for a little while but still i still keep an eye on you guys. it's been a pleasure meeting everyone,and i look forward to our next meet/hopefully it can be done on a beautiful day with no smoking cars around!(just kidding sxylxy)
i was hoping you didnt blow the gasket,but hey it could be worse-keep on top of that. big up to vssc400 for organizing the meet and getting everyone together. cya @ the meet!
p.s. i will have a tow truck on standby at the next meet -just in case!......................

Last edited by nextlevelcoupe; 10-20-02 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-21-02, 09:59 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by sxylxy
Well guys, it was 2600, the dealer quote i got, $400 for gaskets, and the rest for labor. So... I pulled out my nice repair manual and I'm makin great time! I'm down just above the cam's and should be near the head gaskets within a couple hours! Now I've never really done this before, but me and a buddy of mine who's got a little car knowledge are doin ok. Also changing all the hoses, coolant tank, sensor's, etc. Thanks guys, but so far so good, so we'll see how it comes out. I'm gonna be in the garage all weekend if that's what it takes, and hopefully by next week sometime I'll but my baby-gurl back together and it'll be good as new. I'll keep you guys updated, thanks again! Oh.. by the way.. next meet... lets get some racin goin!!! Maybe I'll get to tow my car home this time, lol

the 400 quote was for the whole gasket set right? Just the headgasket is 65 bucks. but its good to change all the gasket while you are at it. Give anyone of us a holler if you need any help.

Quick Reply: FBF OCT 12th 02