Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

North East CL, Track Day. March/29/03!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-03, 10:25 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by One HoT SC400
Hey! this sounds like fun...I wanna get a piece of the action..
Send me a PM... We'll talk about the details..
Old 03-10-03, 07:11 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DaizenLex: added to the list. I will post directions from "flushing queens zip code 11354" to the track in a few hours.

let me know if you guys need anything else. I've also posted my cell number on the 1st post of this thread.

Dennis
Old 03-10-03, 01:10 PM
LexRoc
Lead Lap

Default Directions

Here are the directions to LID:

From the Long Island Expressway.

LIE to exit 70 South. Approx 1 1/2 to 2 miles, you will see a sign for Eastport Manor Road.
Make the right onto Eastport Manor Road. You will be on Eastport Manor Road for about 2 more miles and will come to an intersection. Go straight. Continue on Eastport Manor Road until the next light, which is Old Country Rd. You will also see a place called "Triangle Pub" which I mentioned as a good place to eat and drink if anyone is up for it. Make the left on Old Country Rd. The track will be on the left side. Im not sure of mileage, but its about 5-7 minutes on that road.

From Sunrise Hwy:

Sunrise Hwy to exit 61. When you are getting off the ramp for exit 61, stay towards the left....follow sign to Eastport. At the end of the ramp, you come to an intersection without a traffic light. Make the right. That will put you on Eastport Manor Road.
Take that to the next light which isOld Country Rd (see Triangle Pub on right) and make the left onto Old Country Road. You will be on there for 5-7 muntes and the track is on the left side.

I posted the directions because people always reference the track off of exit 70, but if you were to take exit 70 all the way down, you wouldnt get to the track...you would wind up on sunrise heading east.

If you have any questions, let me know..
Old 03-10-03, 02:13 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dennis, I think you can put me in the CL people not running their car category. I'm not going to embarass myself and run my stock GS300 on a quarter mile. The guys working the lights will fall asleep by the time I finish my quarter mile.
Old 03-10-03, 04:32 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Sam Khoury
The guys working the lights will fall asleep by the time I finish my quarter mile.
I hear ya.. Me more than you bro, I'm gonna have my 20's....
Old 03-10-03, 04:51 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do not be discouraged my brothers. I plan to run 18's on the 1320 and I know all of you can beat that. I orgnized the damm thing so goddamit if anyone doesn't run.
Old 03-10-03, 06:24 PM
Butrball12
Driver School Candidate

This caravan thing is sounding good...........are there any rest stops we can meet at and then roll down the LIE together? Ive never driven the LIE so im pretty much clueless
Old 03-10-03, 07:06 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Hey guys thanks for the directions, good looking....
Old 03-10-03, 07:10 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Butrball12
This caravan thing is sounding good...........are there any rest stops we can meet at and then roll down the LIE together? Ive never driven the LIE so im pretty much clueless
Alright, here's the plan... Tomorrow I'm gonna take a trip out to the L.I.E. and scope out a spot where we all can meet up... I'm not positive about the rest area, but I think I'm right.. But then again that's why I'm gonna go check it out.. When I get back I'll let you all know...
Old 03-10-03, 08:04 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Sypher,

I'm glad to see, your not going to come out of the house without your 'shoes' if you know what I mean!! I refuse to bring my car onto the track, I think I could PUSH it down the 1320 faster than it could go under its own power!! who the hell decided that 220HP was adequate for a 3600lb car??? Damn you Lexus engineers!
Old 03-11-03, 09:42 AM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Guys,
What do you think? Should I leave my 16's on with all-season tires or should I have my stock 17's put on prior to this meet? I want a good time, but I know regardless traction is gonna be issue for me, but I figure the 16's would give me a better time. Opinions & comments welcomed!
Old 03-11-03, 01:30 PM
XxLS400xX
Driver

Originally posted by GS430 GUY
Guys,
What do you think? Should I leave my 16's on with all-season tires or should I have my stock 17's put on prior to this meet? I want a good time, but I know regardless traction is gonna be issue for me, but I figure the 16's would give me a better time. Opinions & comments welcomed!
might as well leave the 16s on....
its not aftermarket so its not gonna make a huge difference
Old 03-11-03, 02:39 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

My friend with the 2002 M3 with the SMG shifter might come. He's not sure if he wants to race since he only has 2100 miles on his car and he's not supposed to redline it or really push it until 3100 miles and he probably won't reach that before March 29th.

I'll go back and look through the pages of the thread for the answer to this question but I'm not sure it's there. What's the cost going to be if we don't run? Is is still $40?
Old 03-11-03, 06:18 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Hey guys bad news.. I couldn't make it out there to check it out.. It took them all day to do my system and I was pressed for time and had to rush home.. Hey any of you guys from Long Island know a neutral place for all of us coming and jumping on the L.I.E. to meet up??? There's gonna be no way I'll be able to check it out because on Thursday I go under the knife to fix this Hernia I have.. So that means I'm gonna be laided out till the meet.. So I'm asking for your help... Thanks..
Old 03-11-03, 07:19 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

For those of you coming from Westchester and CT, you'll be taking the Whitestone or Throgs Neck Bridges to the Cross Island Pkwy south to the L.I.E. The only place I can think of to meet up is near where the Cross Island Pkwy connects to the L.I.E. There is a shopping center right off the L.I.E. by the Douglaston Pkwy exit that has a UA movie theatre and a Modells sporting goods store. That might be a good place to meet up. As far as I can remember, there is no rest area on the Queens part of the L.I.E. or near the Queens/Long Island border.

Last edited by Sam Khoury; 03-11-03 at 07:22 PM.

Quick Reply: North East CL, Track Day. March/29/03!