Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

North East CL, Track Day. March/29/03!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-03, 08:18 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Sam Khoury
For those of you coming from Westchester and CT, you'll be taking the Whitestone or Throgs Neck Bridges to the Cross Island Pkwy south to the L.I.E. The only place I can think of to meet up is near where the Cross Island Pkwy connects to the L.I.E. There is a shopping center right off the L.I.E. by the Douglaston Pkwy exit that has a UA movie theatre and a Modells sporting goods store. That might be a good place to meet up. As far as I can remember, there is no rest area on the Queens part of the L.I.E. or near the Queens/Long Island border.
Sam, I wasn't talking about a rest area on the Queens side of the L.I.E. I was talking about a little pulloff area that's a few miles into Long Island on the L.I.E... Do you where I'm talking about?? You see I figured there because everyone is coming from all directions and it wouldn't be out of anyones way.. But I'm open for any suggestions.. Thanks Sammy... Hey are we gonna get to see those 18's you have at the meet??
Old 03-11-03, 08:28 PM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by MrSypher
Sam, I wasn't talking about a rest area on the Queens side of the L.I.E. I was talking about a little pulloff area that's a few miles into Long Island on the L.I.E... Do you where I'm talking about?? You see I figured there because everyone is coming from all directions and it wouldn't be out of anyones way.. But I'm open for any suggestions.. Thanks Sammy... Hey are we gonna get to see those 18's you have at the meet??
Mike,
The LIE is a mess due to the HOV construction on it. I think I know of the pull off spot that you are talking about. It use to be right past an entrance ramp in the New Hyde Park area going Eastbound, but now all that area is construction central with barriers up, etc. Anyone travel the LIE daily have a spot? Otherwise I'll try and hit up the LIE this weekend and see if I can find some spot for everyone to meet up at, but with all the construction chances are gonna be slim.

Canaan
Old 03-11-03, 09:06 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks Canaan.... Much appreciated..
If worse come to worse we can always meet at a gas station right off a exit...
Old 03-11-03, 11:18 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry Mike, I misunderstood you. After Canaan described it, I think I know where you are talking about but Canaan is right about the construction. If people are coming from farther east on Long Island, then my suggested meeting place might not be good but if most of the people are coming from Westchester, CT and NJ, then the shopping center by Douglaston Pkwy (Exit 30) might be good because the shopping center parking lot is really big unless it's packed with Saturday shoppers and you can't miss it off the L.I.E..

I still have my 18's sitting in boxes in my apartment. I want to put them on sooo bad but the potholes all over NYC are making me hold back. I want to give the DOT time to fill some of the potholes, at least a month so I'm planning on putting them on sometime in April so you won't see them until the next meet. We might get snow again this thursday which will make the streets ever worse.

Last edited by Sam Khoury; 03-11-03 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03-12-03, 05:55 AM
XxLS400xX
Driver

how about we all meet up at Green Acres Mall in Valley Stream? And then we caravan to tha track
Old 03-12-03, 05:56 AM
XxLS400xX
Driver

Also if anyone from the Bronx area is planning to go PM me or Email me so we can meet up, then meet mikey on the highway.
Old 03-12-03, 07:39 AM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Originally posted by XxLS400xX
how about we all meet up at Green Acres Mall in Valley Stream? And then we caravan to tha track
Green Acres mall is probably a little bit out of the way. That's all the way down by Sunrise Hwy. I think people want to meet at a place where they can hop right off the L.I.E. and hop back on again.
Old 03-12-03, 07:41 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Sam Khoury
Green Acres mall is probably a little bit out of the way. That's all the way down by Sunrise Hwy. I think people want to meet at a place where they can hop right off the L.I.E. and hop back on again.
Your right about that.. Somewhere easy and fast..
Old 03-12-03, 07:42 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

I might just take a ride out there today if I get a chance... Sam, where's this place that your talking about?
Old 03-12-03, 08:10 AM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

I might just take a ride out there today if I get a chance... Sam, where's this place that your talking about?
It's a shopping center right off the L.I.E. Exit 31 Douglaston Pkwy and 61st Avenue. Here's a link to a map.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...submit=Get+Map

You'll notice how close it is to where the L.I.E. intersects with the Cross Island Pkwy. By the way, I said Exit 30 in my previous posts, Douglaston Pkwy is Exit 31.

Last edited by Sam Khoury; 03-12-03 at 08:18 AM.
Old 03-12-03, 08:17 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a shopping center right off the L.I.E. Exit 30 Douglaston Pkwy and 61st Avenue. Here's a link to a map.
Thats where modells, walbrums and a movie theatre is right Sam? Thats a good place to meet up...!
Old 03-12-03, 08:20 AM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Originally posted by One HoT SC400
Thats where modells, walbrums and a movie theatre is right Sam? Thats a good place to meet up...!
Exactly!!!! It's right off the L.I.E. so it's easy to get off and back on.

Last edited by Sam Khoury; 03-12-03 at 08:21 AM.
Old 03-12-03, 11:06 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Alright then... So then it's gonna be off exit 31 we all meet at..
Old 03-12-03, 11:07 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

That's cool.. then we have about 40 exits to show off our stuff....
Old 03-12-03, 12:44 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

What time are you planning on meeting over there? Inspection at the track is at 11am and it will take about 1hr 30min to get to the track from exit 31 so the latest we can meet there is 9:30. So do you want to say to meet between 9 and 9:30am?

Quick Reply: North East CL, Track Day. March/29/03!