Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

North East CL, Track Day. March/29/03!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-03, 01:23 PM
WRXtsy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Sam Khoury
It's a shopping center right off the L.I.E. Exit 31 Douglaston Pkwy and 61st Avenue. Here's a link to a map.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...submit=Get+Map

You'll notice how close it is to where the L.I.E. intersects with the Cross Island Pkwy. By the way, I said Exit 30 in my previous posts, Douglaston Pkwy is Exit 31.
sorry to be the bringer of bad news but the Douglaston Blvd exit is closed off. only way to get there is to get off an exit before or after Douglaston. i know there's an exit that there's a gas station right when u get off....just can't think of it right now...u guys might want to rethink the douglaston mall/plaza idea. i'm heading out about exit 35 over the weekend so i'll try to see if there's anything along the service road.
Old 03-12-03, 01:44 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by WRXtsy
sorry to be the bringer of bad news but the Douglaston Blvd exit is closed off. only way to get there is to get off an exit before or after Douglaston. i know there's an exit that there's a gas station right when u get off....just can't think of it right now...u guys might want to rethink the douglaston mall/plaza idea. i'm heading out about exit 35 over the weekend so i'll try to see if there's anything along the service road.
I haven't been in that area in quite a few months and I knew they were doing construction by that exit but I thought it would be done by now. Geez, construction takes forever. Sorry for wasting everyone's time with my suggestion.
Old 03-12-03, 03:27 PM
Butrball12
Driver School Candidate

Guys we still got like 2 weeks or so so someone will think of something.
Old 03-12-03, 03:32 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Sam Khoury
What time are you planning on meeting over there? Inspection at the track is at 11am and it will take about 1hr 30min to get to the track from exit 31 so the latest we can meet there is 9:30. So do you want to say to meet between 9 and 9:30am?
wow that's still really earily for my @ss... Why don't we say 9:30- 10:00 and just fly there?....
Old 03-12-03, 03:32 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Nah, I guess we can do that.....
Old 03-12-03, 04:34 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys I am down to represent Lexotic and check out the races. I go to that Douglaston Movie theater (Modell's, Macys, ToysRUs shopping center) Where in the complex are we meeting up.

I am suppose to meet XxLS400xX there and Im bringing Sentinel with me.

ALSO.... Do we have to pay $40 if we do not plan on racing?
Old 03-12-03, 06:30 PM
LexRoc
Lead Lap

Im trying to think of a good spot out where you guys suggested, but im drawing a blank right now. Im not sure if this would work out or not, but a little further into the LIE, there is a rest area. Its at exit 52. Maybe about 20-25 minutes east of where you were planning on meeting, but its out of the way of construction. From that point, the track is about 30-35 minutes at the most, after that.

If I can think of anymore places, ill post it
Old 03-12-03, 06:37 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by LexRoc
Im trying to think of a good spot out where you guys suggested, but im drawing a blank right now. Im not sure if this would work out or not, but a little further into the LIE, there is a rest area. Its at exit 52. Maybe about 20-25 minutes east of where you were planning on meeting, but its out of the way of construction. From that point, the track is about 30-35 minutes at the most, after that.

If I can think of anymore places, ill post it
Nah, too far out.. But thanks for the suggestion..
Old 03-12-03, 06:44 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We can do in front of Francis Lewis HS off of Utopia Pkway exit (its before, after main st. exit dunno the exit number), its pretty empty there and its in a good neighborhood...Theres also 2 mobil gas stations, a shell and a sunoco over there...

Unless you guys would rather meet in a large parking lot ...
Old 03-12-03, 06:47 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

I would rather meet at a place that's right off a Exit... it could even be on the side of the street, as long as we all get up and no one gets left behind because they got lost or something..
Old 03-12-03, 09:55 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by MrSypher
I would rather meet at a place that's right off a Exit... it could even be on the side of the street, as long as we all get up and no one gets left behind because they got lost or something..
Yes mike, its right off the exit...I just checked it out today..its EXIT 25. UTOPIA PKWY off of LIE....When you get on Utopia PWKY there are a couple of gas stations, Arby's, the schools on the right or left side of the highway depending if your coming from East side exit of LIE or West side exit of LIE...

The block is mainly clear and barely anyone parks there..Although in front of the school is "No standing" because its a bus stop, but we can always go across the street...

You guys still interested? Its a pretty wide block..Thats the only place I can think of that has a open area...If anything, you can always make a phone call and we'll be right there...
Old 03-12-03, 10:02 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by One HoT SC400
Yes mike, its right off the exit...I just checked it out today..its EXIT 25. UTOPIA PKWY off of LIE....When you get on Utopia PWKY there are a couple of gas stations, Arby's, the schools on the right or left side of the highway depending if your coming from East side exit of LIE or West side exit of LIE...

The block is mainly clear and barely anyone parks there..Although in front of the school is "No standing" because its a bus stop, but we can always go across the street...

You guys still interested? Its a pretty wide block..Thats the only place I can think of that has a open area...If anything, you can always make a phone call and we'll be right there...
Sounds like a plan.. So then thata be the spot..
I don't know how many people are following this thread anymore but I'm still gonna need a head count as to who's meeting up with me in CT/ Westchester?? C'mon people I have to make sure everything is straight.. Plus I go in for surgery at 6:15 in the morning tomorrow (well today) and I'm gonna be out of commision till the meet.. So here's my cell # since I'm not going to be able to move for atleast a week or so.. Alright guys takecare...

Cell- 203-223-6711
Old 03-13-03, 09:51 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Mike, I'm still here... ... and I'm still down to meet with you guys at the CT/Westchester Mobil stop. I'll PM you my cell later on. I'll also PM Steve from MA for confirmation, and I'll try to talk to this IS dude from my area and see if he's interested in checking out the meet.
Old 03-13-03, 09:56 AM
Larry
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think I'll meet you guys at the track since I live close to exit 58/59 off the LIE
Old 03-13-03, 10:02 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

So how many people are still doing the caravan with mike? speak up!

Quick Reply: North East CL, Track Day. March/29/03!