Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

North East CL, Track Day. March/29/03!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-03, 08:08 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

EVERYONE... don't forget to change your clocks 1 hour ahead!
Old 04-05-03, 08:12 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roger that....

Doug-E, do you know who's meeting up at the Moble Station with you??
Old 04-05-03, 08:53 PM
LexRoc
Lead Lap

It looks like I will be able to come down for a bit. I think you guys should get to exit 70 around 10-10:30. About 3/4 of a mile down, there will be a McDonalds on the right hand side. I'm going to jump into the caravan at that point. im bummed that I wont be able to hang all day, but I have a prior engagement set up for Sunday, so I'll hang to around 1:30ish.

Dennis, would you mind calling my cell when you guys hit exit 60?? If not dont worry about it, but if you can, it would be greatly appreciated.

See you guys tomorrow.
Rob
Old 04-05-03, 09:11 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

can someone call me in the morning to wake me up? 917 887 6160 about 9am

thanks
Old 04-05-03, 09:25 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by MrSypher
Roger that....

Doug-E, do you know who's meeting up at the Moble Station with you??
Mike, I left you a VM msg on your cell. At the moment, I'm only relying on the messages posted in this thread, so I guess I'm expecting at least Pete and Mark to show up at the Mobil gas station between 8 and 830. I talked to Ravie, and I told him we'll see him at the Hutch gas station around 845. Boy, this is going to be a fun Sunday morning... 3 caravan meets before the track meet
Old 04-05-03, 09:38 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Mind as well post this while I'm here...
My cell number is 203-770-7579 for anyone who is planning to meet up at either the Merritt/Hutch Mobil gas station in Westchester, or the Hutch/McDonald's gas station in the Bronx. I will plan to be at the Mobil station before or at 8am in my black ES. See you then!
Old 04-06-03, 04:23 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for eveyone who showed up. Here was the lineup
1 SC430
1 GS430
2 SC400
3 GS300
3 GS400
4 IS300
1 ES300
2 LS400
1 WRX
1 ECLIPSE GSX
1 VOLVO S70
1 Acura Integra
1 BMW 325I

As always Daizen Spot Tuning & TM Engineering sent license plate frames and stickers and we of Club Lexus thank you.

I'm sorry if some of the information is lacking. But it was my mom's birthday and had to go take her out to dinner.

Highlight of the day was Cannan's GS430 running low to mid 14's all afternoon.

the WRX was the quickest but had some trouble finding grip. Peeling out on both 1st and 2nd gears yet
managed to get into the 13's

Surprise fast ride was bone stock Volvo S70 who clocked off an even 15 second run.

Most IS's were in the mid 15's to mid 16's

LS's and SC all ran high 15's to low 16's

the ES also clicked off high 15 run

Not related to our group but some pro draggers were there.
Hemmi super dragger came out and clocked off a 8.88 @ 143mph run by far the quickest of the track.

Glad that eveyone was safe and seemed like everyone had fun.
Out of all the Lexus vehicles present we're all ricers except for Cannan who put down very good and consistant numbers.

Overall the track conditions were not ideal. Even with the burnouts most people at the track found it very hard to get any traction at the "T". Considering everything it seems as it was a success.
Thank you again for everyone who came to the track.

Larry: Nice rims Nice convertible. Glad to finally have met you.
Doug: nice runs on that ES we expected 19's but you squeezed out better than 16
Cannan: Stop modding and let people catch up
Jason: next time put the stock wheels in the back not the front... trust me
Steve: wider tires for you
Jae: That's not a stock volvo is it? were those snow tires that I saw?
Dave: I won't bash on the BMW's

As for me, I only ran 1 time down the 1320. I ran a 15.8 @ 89mph. At the "T" my car sputtered and stalled out after the burnout I think because I leaned out the AFC too much. I eneded up resetting to factory settings and didn't want to run again until the unit was tuned again.

I hope everyone got the numbers that you were looking for. Now that all of you know what your cars can do it will serve you as a good basis to modding you car..

As they say. Dyno's don't drive your car... You do.

PM me if you guys have any ideas for things to do at meets or etc.
thank you again.

dennis Lee
Old 04-06-03, 07:54 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dennis thanks for organizing a great meet. I had a great time and expressed my enthusiasm to the entire Lexotic group. (btw... im not a ricer... my turbo kit is simply "in the R&D stage ...hahaha) I enjoyed meeting everyone and actually interacting this time Just wanted to say thank you. As soon as my 450hp Jetta is done this Spring.... there will be a ricer rematch!! L8R

Rich. aka BDR.
Old 04-06-03, 08:10 PM
LexRoc
Lead Lap

Hey fellas,

I had a great time today, and I wish I could have hung out a bit longer. It was great to meet you guys in person.

Dennis, Thanks again for organizing this event!!!!!

Im looking forward to our next meet.

ROB
Old 04-06-03, 09:42 PM
dunn378
Pole Position

yeah i had a good time too. even though i only ran once i was very happy because i ran a 16.05 which was my fasted time so far. the fasted a ran at englishtown was 16.06 and that was with a 1/4 take of gas, i had a full tank today!!!! looking forward to next time.
Old 04-06-03, 10:07 PM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

I too would like to thank Daizen and Todd at TM Engineering for the license plate frames and stickers. It was great running at the track with everyone. One thing I need to practice on and will only get better over time is my reaction and 60 foot times. My best 60 foot was 2.173, best reaction was .898 and my fastest 1/4 mile was 14.492 @ 96.76 MPH. I had my winter all-season 16"s on, little over a 1/2 tank of gas, spare on board and never power braked, just hit the accelerator and took off. Next time we go to the track I and everyone should put up much better numbers across the board as we were all getting better and better times. The waits between runs were the low point of the day. I also ended up getting sunburn on my balding head, believe it or not. Dennis, thanks for organizing the meet and it was great meeting the new faces and seeing the familiar faces from prior meets again. Mike, we missed your GS3 and your new 20's, next time buddy. Til next time, drive safe everyone and keep modding.
Old 04-06-03, 11:41 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

i've got some pictures.. and videos as well.. if someone wants to help me with webspace to provide videos i'll compress 'em but mean while i have pictures

http://alexus.fotki.com/cars/lexus/clublexus/04062003/
Old 04-07-03, 06:26 AM
Larry
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What a great day ! I really enjoyed meeting all you folks and I thank you Dennis for organizing it. You did a fine job.

Cannan, You're 1 second faster than me. Where'd yopu get that torque converter from ?

Steve, if you stop spinning those wheels, you'll turn a 9............

To all the rest, Thanks for a fun day !

My first run was a 15.1...........when I did my second one, they didn't have a time slip for me. Something got screwed up in the shack with the printouts. I estimated my run to be "11.4 @ 140mph". Since I can't prove it, you'll all just have to take my word for it !
Old 04-07-03, 06:37 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it looks like the "look mods" are going to come to a screaching halt and the "go fast mods" are about to begin! We'll set another one up maybe 5 week from now.

Here is a quick list for those of you who will run again

Remove spare tire, bags, jacks, and the 6 subs out of the trunk
Put those stock wheels back on
take the quareters, nickles, dimes out of the car.
Clean vaccum, remove CD's and junk out of the car
remove rear seats and floor mats.
Everyone bring a duffle bag or something for all your personal possesions and we can have a non-driver watch all of them. put your names on them.
Clean your inatke filters
octane boosters 2 little bottles will do.
Make sure you come with 1/4 tank or less of gas.
don't eat dinner, breakfast, and lunch.
Make sure to empty your bowels 1 & 2
anything else?
Old 04-07-03, 06:41 AM
Larry
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You forgot "remove belly button lint" Dennis.

Quick Reply: North East CL, Track Day. March/29/03!