Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

North East CL, Track Day. March/29/03!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-03, 04:19 PM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Larry, when I last looked, there seemed to be one other 430, albeit a GS... Could be an interesting matchup

VSsc400 - I (wmulli) have a '96 SC300 5spd if you want to update your list.
Old 03-04-03, 05:37 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Mr Syph is on to something!! we need to roll out to that show afterwards! That would most certainly be a beautiful site!
Old 03-04-03, 07:14 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Larry
Thanks ! I seem to be the only SC430 there. I guess most guys that own them don't race. Why have 300 hp if you don't use it ? Then again, I'll race anything...even my Hyundai Elantra (which I've lowered, installed a strut brace, put in a filter kit and am planning on changing the throttle body..............Hell, I even post on the Hyundai forum with the 17 year olds !)
Your too much Larry, I can't wait to meet you...
Old 03-04-03, 07:17 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Hey Mr Syph is on to something!! we need to roll out to that show afterwards! That would most certainly be a beautiful site!
Yeah after our last meet me and a few other members rolled out to Jersey for the EuroAsia show.. If we didn't have this meet, I'd definetly enter in it.. But I said I'd do the meet and I do what I say.. So I always have the next show..
Old 03-04-03, 08:21 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

i was thinkin the same thing, but with the season starting there will be millions of shows this spring/summer. Danny told me about his new job, I'm gonna stop through there next wknd. What of CT you in again? Stanford?
Old 03-04-03, 08:47 PM
LexRoc
Lead Lap

Just a word to those "hungry" folks out there................bring your own sandwiches and sodas The hot dog stand is pretty expensive and the food really stinks ! [/B]

Fellas,

Larry is onto something, but if anyone is interested, There is a local dive called the Triangle Pub that you will all see when you turn onto Old Country Rd (down the street from the track). They got some good food there....burgers, wings, beer etc. I live in the area and eat there often. Im picky about eating out and stuff, but I gotta tell you, this is some damn good eats!!!
Its just a thought, but the thought of a bunch of Lexus guys and our cars, a day at the track, and grabbing some wings and beer has the potential for a good time!!!
Old 03-04-03, 09:25 PM
Butrball12
Driver School Candidate

Got 3 more ISs to come with me and Lopes03friend2 is my bro and hes driving an S2000...he might run as well. BY the way all 4 ISs including mine are running.
Old 03-05-03, 05:59 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by DGOT20s
i was thinkin the same thing, but with the season starting there will be millions of shows this spring/summer. Danny told me about his new job, I'm gonna stop through there next wknd. What of CT you in again? Stanford?
I'm in Greenwich right on the border of CT and NY.. I'm about to headout in a bit to go check Dan at that spot. They're doing alittle project for my GS and I have to make sure everything is straight before my car goes in..
Old 03-05-03, 07:03 AM
Larry
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Likewise Syph. I'll be the 6'2" grey haired guy in the Yankees baseball cap drooling over the hopped up Civics.

Hey Lex, I forgot about that place ! The burgers are great !
Old 03-05-03, 07:57 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 315 Likes on 193 Posts
Default Re: North East CL, Track Day. March/29/03!

Originally posted by VSsc400
Track Info: Long Island Motorsports
Where: Exit 70 of Long Island Expressway (I495)
When: Early to Mid March.
How Much: $40/car to run as many runs as we want
Time: 11am tech inspection. 1pm-6pm track
Food: Stack bar on premises
Anybody know how far this is from Toronto, Canada? I would love to come if the drive is not too long. Anything over 3 or 4 hours will be too long for me and my boys (6 and 4)
Old 03-05-03, 09:15 AM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Hameed,

Your looking at an 8hr+ trip from Toronto to all the way out to Long Island (SE NY), FYI! Sounds like your not gonna be able to make it maybe next time
Old 03-05-03, 09:21 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 315 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally posted by GS430 GUY
Hameed,

Your looking at an 8hr+ trip from Toronto to all the way out to Long Island (SE NY), FYI! Sounds like your not gonna be able to make it maybe next time
Damn, damn!!! (

I wish I could come out to some cool meet like this one..............

There seems to be very little interest up here in Canada for stuff like this. I wish I were not in the minority for events like this in Canada.
Old 03-05-03, 09:49 AM
Larry
Lead Lap

Have any of you folks ever been to this track and raced on it ?

For those of you that haven't, here's a brief description of what to expect:

- You pull into the main gate and will be asked if you are racing or just a spectator. If you are racing, you will be given a release slip to fill out and sign. It will also ask for the make, model and year of your car.

- You will be directed to an "inspection" area where a track representative will look over your car. Once satisfied that it's sound and safe, they will write in white "glass wax" a number on the passenger side windshield.

- You can pull your car into the pit area and wait for the PA announcement to be made for "time trials".

- When you hear the announcement, you'll enter one of fifteen lanes that lead to the track staging area.

- From that point you'll be directed by two's to the actual stage area. There are two indents in the track ares filled with a small amount of water. If you want, you can drive into them, wet your tires and spin them to heat them up.

- Now you will be directed to the actual starting line. There is a "Christmas Tree" set up with 4 yellow lights 1 green.

- You will inch your car up to the starting line and wait for the uppermost yellow light to light up. Under it is a small sighn that says "STAGED". This means you are at the exact starting position.

- Once you are in the right position, the lights will begin a sequence starting with the uppermost yellow, to the next yellow to the lowermost yellow and then the GREEN. (Think of it like "one, two, three, GO !)

- When the GREEN light lights up, stomp on the gas pedal and GO !!

- You will run an exact 1/4 mile and pass through a laser timer at the end. DO NOT BRAKE UNTIL YOU HAVE PASSED THE TIMER !!.

- Don't worry, you have at least 1/2 mile to slow down.

- You'll swing around a wide curve and come to a small wooden booth. At this point a track attendent will hand you a time slip showing total speed, total time, 660 time and reaction time. (reaction time is how long it takes from the time the light turns green until the you cross the starting line. A good time is .5 seconds or less)

- OK, now take a deep breath and let the adrenelin leave your system.

Now you can enjoy a hotdog and a soda, OR, you can get back on line (in one of the fifteen lanes) and do it again !

Hope this helps you guys. The first time I went there I watched for a few minutes and then walked around asking everyone in sight "What do I do ?? What do I do ??".

You'll also find tons of guys and girls that really care about their cars and will be willing to talk to you.

If you run across a 18 year old kid with a lowered Civic and HUGE tailpipe with "Eminem" blaring from the giant subwoofer........make only positive comments about his car. Afterall, he spent time and money on it to make it to his liking, not yours. You'll find that's he/she are nice folks and as into cars as the rest of us.

By the way, do NOT wear shorts. If you do, you cannot race. Also, for those of you that have helmets, bring them. They don't enforce the rule, but you never know.

See you there guys !
Old 03-05-03, 01:48 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks Larry for the run down..
As for see other people at the track, I don't think that's gonna happen because I think ClubLexus has the track that day...

Oh and guys, I'll have T-Shirts and a few hats for the raffle.. I'm working on more stuff but we'll have to see what happens..
Old 03-05-03, 03:04 PM
Larry
Lead Lap

Do we really have the entire track ?? That's great !!

Quick Reply: North East CL, Track Day. March/29/03!