Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Mini meet in Jersey.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-03, 10:30 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally posted by FutureGSorIS
He has stock 17"s. I have a few side shots that I will try and dig out of my cam and post
Stock 17's????? Come on man!!!!

Don't bother posting pics of the side of his car then. I just assumed he had upgraded his rims..........
Old 04-23-03, 10:40 AM
FutureGSorIS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Hameed
Stock 17's????? Come on man!!!!

Don't bother posting pics of the side of his car then. I just assumed he had upgraded his rims..........
no problem, I thought you maybe wanted to see the ltuned skirts..His car still looks beatiful with the stockies
Old 04-23-03, 10:45 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by FutureGSorIS
no problem, I thought you maybe wanted to see the ltuned skirts..His car still looks beatiful with the stockies
Sure why not. I just had the L-tuned side skirts put on mine, so it would be nice to see how it looks on someone else's car. Yeah, post please when you get a chance!
Old 04-23-03, 10:55 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hameed,
Don’t take what I say as a negative but as a statement or a reason why I never upgraded to larger rims/tires.

I chose to keep my stock 17'' because I am not into that bling bling look. I spend a lot of money on my car probably more than you have. I have all possible suspension upgrades from TOMS. TEIN flex coil covers, body kit, etc. I am really more into performance and handling vs. looks. Another reason, I stayed on 17's is because the ride and speed penalty you have to pay on upgrading to a larger rim/tire size was not worth it to me
Old 04-23-03, 11:14 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by DrewGS4
Hameed,
Don’t take what I say as a negative but as a statement or a reason why I never upgraded to larger rims/tires.

I chose to keep my stock 17'' because I am not into that bling bling look. I spend a lot of money on my car probably more than you have. I have all possible suspension upgrades from TOMS. TEIN flex coil covers, body kit, etc. I am really more into performance and handling vs. looks. Another reason, I stayed on 17's is because the ride and speed penalty you have to pay on upgrading to a larger rim/tire size was not worth it to me
I don't take anything you say as negative.

As a matter of fact I am sure you have spent more money than I. I have had my car only for about 4 months, however I feel exactly the same way as you regarding your preference for performance/handling versus looks. That is the exact same reason why I concentrated on performance/handling mods first. The only reason why I want to go to bigger rims/tires is cosmetic and that is a luxury in itself as it will cost me over $4K to do that. Money I cannot spare for at least a year! And even that is debatable. I think what would be a clincher for me is to ride in a modded GS with bigger rims and tires so that I can feel the ride and speed penalty for myself.

Other than that, your blue GS was my first color of choice. I could not find a blue one so bought my second choice - alpine silver. I don't care for the 2000 > millenium silver.

Cheers!!! I was kidding anyway about the rims and tires. Just wanted to know if you had upgraded or not.
Old 04-23-03, 11:22 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hameed,
No worries its all good. I'm sure your car will all come together in due time.

I am still working on my car ....and my next purchase will be a big brake upgrade like Stoptech. I see you are looking for the same thing. If you find any new info out let me know.

I am waiting for actual results and reviews from Raristo since he already went and bought this.
Old 04-23-03, 08:07 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, for Drew's car sitting on 17's it still looks sweet... I gotta give it to you, you really made it look really nice even with the stockies.. When I had my 17's on for the winter my car looked like crap, and your looks just right... Hey Drew, when are you ready for me to take another trip out to NJ?? My friend ( the banchode) has a brother who lives out in Rockaway and he said that there's alot of good looking people out that way.... So I might make another trip out there.. Maybe we can all go out for dinner or something....
Old 04-24-03, 04:45 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by DrewGS4
Hameed,

I am still working on my car ....and my next purchase will be a big brake upgrade like Stoptech. I see you are looking for the same thing. If you find any new info out let me know.

I am waiting for actual results and reviews from Raristo since he already went and bought this.
Hey Drew, check out this thread regarding the StopTech brake upgrade - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=&pagenumber=2