Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

What I gotta do to convince ya'll to come down to drive THE DRAGON in August?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-03 | 10:42 PM
LexFather

Thumbs up What I gotta do to convince ya'll to come down to drive THE DRAGON in September?

We went last September and are looking to make it an annual event. We had about 15 ClubLexus members and would love more.

DaveGS4 and co really want a big turnout, what would make it really worth your while to come down?
Old 05-19-03 | 10:48 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: What I gotta do to convince ya'll to come down to drive THE DRAGON in September?

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
what would make it really worth your while to come down?
LOL, buy me a ticket!!!
Old 05-19-03 | 11:15 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

nothing... set it up and I'll be there.
Old 05-19-03 | 03:47 PM
LexFather

nothing... set it up and I'll be there.
Great!!! We are trying to make this next one an EVENT!
Old 05-19-03 | 07:45 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Sick, all you have to do is persuade my wife to let me go, and I'll be there.. Also make sure you specify that there will be no females at the event....
Old 05-20-03 | 06:39 PM
LexFather

Also make sure you specify that there will be no females at the event....
*****, can't promise that J/K

From speaking to DaveGS4, we are trying to make it a Clublexus/family event too.
The Dragon is so awesome, I cannot explain it.
Old 05-20-03 | 07:23 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
*****, can't promise that J/K

From speaking to DaveGS4, we are trying to make it a Clublexus/family event too.
The Dragon is so awesome, I cannot explain it.
If it will be Clublexus/family event I will be there without any further convincing. I have two boys 6 and 4 who are more into cars than I am. I managed to talk my wife into agreeing to come out to your last meet in Maggie Valley, but we left it till too late and could not get passports in time to come.

Will definitely come, even if it is not a Family thing - will bring the family anyway!!

Nice drives, nice hotel, good food - the simple things! I would combine it with a vacation and will probably end up staying for a week.

Where can I find out more about the Dragon? I tried searching on Dragon in google, but that did not come up with anything useful.

Last edited by Hameed; 05-20-03 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-20-03 | 07:41 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

It will be a blast...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=84161
Old 06-19-03 | 03:32 PM
LexFather

How does the weekend of August 22nd sound????
Old 06-19-03 | 04:52 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

I won't be around that weekend.
Old 06-19-03 | 08:10 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

If it was a month later I would go since i would be in FL at the time. Damn that's too bad, i wanted to meet some of the south eastern CL guys, especially 1Sick, Dex, and Paddy.

Last edited by futuregs; 06-19-03 at 08:11 PM.
Old 06-19-03 | 08:55 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Hameed
If it will be Clublexus/family event I will be there without any further convincing. I have two boys 6 and 4 who are more into cars than I am. I managed to talk my wife into agreeing to come out to your last meet in Maggie Valley, but we left it till too late and could not get passports in time to come.

Will definitely come, even if it is not a Family thing - will bring the family anyway!!

Nice drives, nice hotel, good food - the simple things! I would combine it with a vacation and will probably end up staying for a week.

Where can I find out more about the Dragon? I tried searching on Dragon in google, but that did not come up with anything useful.
Hameed,

No problems bringing the family . The only issue you may run into is that the Dragon (and other roads we'll be on) is the most aggressive, curvy road I've ever been on. If anyone in your car, especially the back seat, is remotely prone to car sickness you will be scrubbing leather for the weekend. You can bring up the rear and drive very slow if you like, but it will still be quite a roller coaster for your passengers.

I'll try to put up some video if I can ever get it converted from last year's run so you know what to expect.

Once you figure out if you're coming, we can help you do some planning on making it a broader vacation in the area if you like (via PM)!
Old 06-20-03 | 11:48 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Hey guys, I've been thinking about it and there's a good chance that I'm gonna make it down there...
Old 06-20-03 | 06:01 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

MrSypher,

It would be awesome if you came down...Especially in the RX.

But we know that's not gonna be your choice. Oh, well just another GS that I'll have to show up.

<Deliverance soundtrack>Hey...You can see how we Lexus owner do it in the southland!</Deliverance soundtrack>
Attached Thumbnails What I gotta do to convince ya'll to come down to drive THE DRAGON in August?-untitled-1.jpg  
Old 06-24-03 | 03:07 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Very nice... Nice group pic, but who's the fat chick?? Is she a CL member too???

Quick Reply: What I gotta do to convince ya'll to come down to drive THE DRAGON in August?