Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Lexus of Manhattan....

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-03, 12:26 PM
Straight6
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Lexus of Manhattan....

anybody else have a problem with this dealership? i just called them to ask for a
part # since they don't have the item in stock and said they can't give it to me.. to top it off
the guy i was talking to was ghetto..

i'm not putting the dealership down... but i know one thing.. i'm not spending my money
in that place.. i think i deserve better service for the money i spent on the car... they need
to be more professional... just my 2 cents..
Old 08-18-03, 12:30 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Lexus of Manhattan....

Originally posted by Straight6
to top it off
the guy i was talking to was ghetto..

what do you mean by ghetto ?
Old 08-18-03, 12:39 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, never had any problems with L of M but I have only dealt with them only once before. I will be getting another master key from them in the middle of the week, suppose to be last Friday but the blackout kinda ruined things. I'll be observant on how they treat me. Can't be worse than Lexus Of Bay Ridge, thats for sure.
Old 08-18-03, 12:41 PM
Straight6
Lead Lap

Default Re: Re: Lexus of Manhattan....

Originally posted by LEXISM
what do you mean by ghetto ?
just the way he was talking on the phone.. more on the street level..
acting like he's hard... don't get me wrong.. i know the code of the
streets.. but there's a time and place for everthing..
Old 08-18-03, 02:04 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Default Part numbers

I don't know if I'd call that having a problem. They are instructed not to give out part numbers, unless they physically have the part you need in hand. What do you suppose would happen if you went to another dealership and the the first guy gave you the wrong part number based solely on your description. You go back and tell the first guy he's an idiot for giving you bad info and tell him he owes you for the part?

Try and understand where people are coming from and based on the fact that the guy was "ghetto" as you say maybe also think about where in the chain of command he sits.

If you guys would take the time to read some of the older posts regarding the L of M/CL parts discount you are only supposed to be dealing with one guy anyway and that is Tommy, NO ONE ELSE.
Old 08-18-03, 06:51 PM
Straight6
Lead Lap

Default Re: Part numbers

Originally posted by Johnny Mo
I don't know if I'd call that having a problem. They are instructed not to give out part numbers, unless they physically have the part you need in hand. What do you suppose would happen if you went to another dealership and the the first guy gave you the wrong part number based solely on your description. You go back and tell the first guy he's an idiot for giving you bad info and tell him he owes you for the part?

Try and understand where people are coming from and based on the fact that the guy was "ghetto" as you say maybe also think about where in the chain of command he sits.

If you guys would take the time to read some of the older posts regarding the L of M/CL parts discount you are only supposed to be dealing with one guy anyway and that is Tommy, NO ONE ELSE.
johnny.. like i said..i'm not putting L of M down... it's just that i called up Carson Toyota and they said to call the dealer and ask for the part #.. simply because the one i was talking to wanted to make sure he knew what part i was talking bout.. so i figure i'd confirm it with them... i didn't think it was that big of a deal to ask for a part#... believe me.. i they had it in stock i would get it from them... also.. i asked them before about discount for ClubLex and they said they don't honor it anymore...
Old 08-18-03, 07:51 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep...i've had nothing but problems with this dealership too...highly unprofessional...i would definately go somewhere else.
Old 08-18-03, 09:50 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Lexus Dealerships in NYC

The next nearest dealerships is probably in Long Island and Jersey...There's no way around it! They probably know that, thats why they act in such a way...
Old 08-19-03, 04:33 AM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Default Re: Re: Part numbers

Originally posted by Straight6
....i asked them before about discount for ClubLex and they said they don't honor it anymore...
WHO told you they don't honor it anymore??? That is completely NOT true, I will speak to the GM and make sure that no one is giving out false information (if people don't know they should say they don't know).

I agree that there are certain people there who are (to put it nicely) unprofessional. But that is the reason we have our own contacts, so that we don't have to deal with the BS...we know what we want/need (usually) and would be better served by dealing with a true decision maker in the organization. That is why the contacts we have at the dealership are all at the Department Mngr level.
Old 08-20-03, 01:14 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Just got back from L of M and I finally got an extra master key. Service was great and fast. Tommy is a nice guy and took care of everything, even waived the service charge to program my key. Special thanks to Johnny Mo for the help !
Old 08-20-03, 07:49 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Default L of M

Originally posted by DIESELMAN63
Just got back from L of M and I finally got an extra master key. Service was great and fast. Tommy is a nice guy and took care of everything, even waived the service charge to program my key. Special thanks to Johnny Mo for the help !
Glad I could help Andy.
Old 08-21-03, 07:24 PM
mokujin101
Rookie

Default Re: Re: Re: Part numbers

WHO told you they don't honor it anymore??? That is completely NOT true, I will speak to the GM and make sure that no one is giving out false information (if people don't know they should say they don't know).

I agree that there are certain people there who are (to put it nicely) unprofessional. But that is the reason we have our own contacts, so that we don't have to deal with the BS...we know what we want/need (usually) and would be better served by dealing with a true decision maker in the organization. That is why the contacts we have at the dealership are all at the Department Mngr level.

So do they honor the discount or not??
Old 08-22-03, 01:12 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Default CL Parts Discount

The Lexus of Manhattan parts and service discount for CL members is ABSOLUTELY still in effect. If there is any doubt or problem contact me and I will handle it for you.
Old 08-22-03, 06:01 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: CL Parts Discount

The Lexus of Manhattan parts and service discount for CL members is ABSOLUTELY still in effect. If there is any doubt or problem contact me and I will handle it for you.
Is this retrospective as well? I got lubed last time I purchased some parts...and i'm not talking about my car either...