Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

****attention Ma, Ri, Ct, Ny Residents, Labor Day Wknd Meet In Ri*******

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-03, 09:50 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

It was a perfect day to forget about everything and nothing...
Attached Thumbnails ****attention Ma, Ri, Ct, Ny Residents, Labor Day Wknd Meet In Ri*******-ri-beach2.jpg  
Old 09-01-03, 05:20 AM
cyclemax
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry I didn't make it guys. I was looking forward to meeting you all, but when I checked the forum the night before, there wasn't any confirmed meeting spot. I suppose I could have driven around and looked for you, but I didn't want to take the chance. I ended up leaving on my bike at 8 am and heading up to MA to catch up with a bunch of friends for a motorcycle "run" and pig roast.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to a CL meet. NE1 considering going to the SRT thing in MD next mo? Anything else in the meantime?
Old 09-01-03, 06:50 AM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry dudes, the intention was there but so was my beeper. I had to go in to the hospital for most of the afternoon. Doug, I got some kind of message but couldn't make it out.
Sat I was buying a motorcycle, so I couldn't have gone then....the things you have to do.
cyclemax, what you got? I just got an Intruder 800.

sorry again.

steviej
Old 09-01-03, 08:58 AM
cyclemax
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

StevieJ:

I've got a Honda Shadow ACE 750 that I picked up from a friend a few years ago. I was planning to sell it, but actually liked riding it so much, that I hung on to it. I'll probably sell it come spring. I also have a 1994 CBR900RR that I bought new. Lots of mods, chrome, NOS, etc. Regrettably, it took a back seat when I started riding the Shadow (Shadow was much more comfy for my aging bones). But now, I miss the power (Shadow is only like 40hp, very slow) and want to start riding the RR again. The Shadow is great for riding around the beaches, etc, but on the hiway it's a little rough.
Old 09-01-03, 09:25 AM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm glad you posted that. I was looking at the Shadow Spirit 750, but the added hp of the Suzuki and the shaft drive sold me. I pick it/take it home up next Sat. It is a cruiser not a lay down and go fast.

My big problem now is how to drive both the Lexus and the Suz. to a meet, cause wouldn't you know, the bike is the same exact color scheme as the Lex.

steviej
Old 09-07-03, 08:20 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by steviej
Doug, I got some kind of message but couldn't make it out.
Steve, blame it on my wireless service. Cingular Wireless to be exact. I've had several instances where I get my calls either with crackling reception or cut off unexpectedly, whether local or roaming. Pretty darn unreliable Since today's my last day of my 2-year service commitment, I plan to be out of Cingular pretty soon (before the end of the billing cycle).