Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Bad Service: Lexus of Northborough

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-03 | 09:48 AM
AlBoston
Pole Position

Thumbs down Bad Service: Lexus of Northborough

Went to a new Lexus dealership in the boston area, Lexus of Northborough, and boy is their service dept. pretty lame. I called them 2 weeks ago for an appointment today and told them to make sure I could get a loaner car being only 20 yrs old. They reassured me everything was A-OK and I would get my loaner. I go to the dealership bright and early (7:30 am) and bring my car in to get looked at for transmission issues. I go in, ask to drive it with shop foreman. The lady says ok and tells me she will get me when the foreman is ready. 20 minutes later, I approach the lady (service advisor) and ask her where the foreman is. She says, oh he took your car for a test drive. 5 minutes later he comes back and then asks me to go for a drive with him, I was getting pretty annoyed at this point. Drive the car, transmission behaves abnormally (normal behavement consists of poor shift quality, jerking, and chirping) just like I expected so they want the car to stay so they can look at it. The lady then tells me i need to be 21 to get a loaner. I told them I drove 50 miles to get to their dealer and now they wont give me a car, and began to tell them how dissapointed I was that the guy on the phone was dishonest. Service manager then came to talk with me and basically told me he can't give me a car. I was really frustrated at this point and just left the dealership with my own car. It's nice how they can drive my car without my permission but I cant drive their car without their permission . Still trying to resolve this transmission issue that has been happening since about 5k miles.
Old 09-02-03 | 10:10 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Ali, sorry to hear about your troubles with the dealership. Even though it seems you were given faulty information, I believe the truth of the matter is that most dealerships cannot give out loaners to customers who are under 21. Have you tried Ira Lexus (in Danvers) or Lexus of Norwood? I would assume those dealerships are much closer to Boston than the Northborough one. Plus, I heard good reviews from those 2 dealerships.
Old 09-02-03 | 11:06 AM
AlBoston
Pole Position

Originally posted by lexusk8
Ali, sorry to hear about your troubles with the dealership. Even though it seems you were given faulty information, I believe the truth of the matter is that most dealerships cannot give out loaners to customers who are under 21. Have you tried Ira Lexus (in Danvers) or Lexus of Norwood? I would assume those dealerships are much closer to Boston than the Northborough one. Plus, I heard good reviews from those 2 dealerships.

hey, bought the car from norwood. Wanted to try northborough since they are new, and new dealers usually try hard for customers and try and "prove" their good service. Def. wasn't the case for northborough. They told me I had to be 21 to even test drive a vehicle!!! WTF! I bought my IS300 when I was 19, my age was never questioned when i test drove it. It is funny how lexus tries to attract young buyers but yet they do not accomodate them at their stealerships. Shame on them.

Last edited by AlBoston; 09-02-03 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-02-03 | 12:52 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Exclamation Lexus service = "caveat emptor"

Originally posted by AlBoston
hey, bought the car from norwood. Wanted to try northborough since they are new, and new dealers usually try hard for customers and try and "prove" their good service. Def. wasn't the case for northborough. They told me I had to be 21 to even test drive a vehicle!!! WTF! I bought my IS300 when I was 19, my age was never questioned when i test drove it. It is funny how lexus tries to attract young buyers but yet they do not accomodate them at their stealerships. Shame on them.
It certainly is a shame I hear stories that in dealing with service, Lexus dealerships generally pay more attention to older and "mature" customers than, say, the college kids. Not trying to generalize here, but the service people figure that the former will know more about the ins and outs of their cars than the young guns
Old 09-02-03 | 05:23 PM
AlBoston
Pole Position

well i spoke to the owner and she said I will get resolution by tommorow morning. She is really dissapointed that his happened and was very apologetic. I am glad she is taking charge .
Old 09-02-03 | 09:24 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Al, I'm not sure what tech you dealt with, but when my tranny went (Certified Pre Owned) Kathy Flem, provided great service for me, she always followed up, etc. Another time i was hearing a funny sound, and i took it in to have it looked at, the tech got me in with no appt and did not charge me!

Hope you get things resolved, and from now on, get the persons name that you spoke to, document everything so that you have a proof source! Good luck
Old 09-03-03 | 12:49 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

I work with this dealership on a daily basis and every time I have called them everything seems a ok. Now you may have been misled but hopefulyl everythign will turn out fine. One of my good friends is a service guy over ther, pm me and maybe I can help yo uout man. Like I said I work with them on a daily basis and I have known Pete forever, I wil help you out bro.